Method to easily grind Soaking Seargant Trophy

You should leave a comment about this in the trophy guide. If the guide creator is still active he may want to update it if he deems it useful.

I haven't played the game yet so i don't know how much trouble grinding that is, but if it saves a few hours of just grinding then I would consider it useful.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AndresLionheart said:

You should leave a comment about this in the trophy guide. If the guide creator is still active he may want to update it if he deems it useful.

I haven't played the game yet so i don't know how much trouble grinding that is, but if it saves a few hours of just grinding then I would consider it useful.

I wasn't even aware you could comment on guides lol, shows how long I have been away from this site :P (Thanks for letting me know)

It saves up to 1-2 hours of actively grinding missions, however, the trade off is you won't get any mission rewards like you would grinding this out during normal play. So it more depends on if you want to be lazy and do this method or not. I think the most beneficial way to use this method is leave this trophy till absolutely last as the main positive is you don't have to go through any menus/load screens and you can grind out all 100 soaked mode (or however many you need) at once which is a lot faster overall.

I'm currently grinding it out while watching videos at my PC so it's a lot less involved that I would be playing the game normally (I've been grinding for 5+ hours already today so it's a nice change of pace to get my eyes off of the TV for awhile) 

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 21/05/2018 at 1:10 PM, Mio said:

I haven't seen this posted in either guide for this game on PSNP or PS3t so I'm creating this topic to hopefully make more people aware of this, but I have discovered a method to grind this trophy out without actually having to fight any enemies or grind out missions repeatedly. I'd recommend leaving this trophy till last if you plan on doing this method as you won't earn any extra cards or zeni however.

Basically, I realized that there is only one mission in the game (that I know of, I haven't got any DLC or completed all of the paradise missions) that uses a checkpoint to progress to the next part of the mission. That mission is the Final mission of the Gessen story mode. If you load up your deck with 6 Haruka cards and defeat the first robot boss. Instead of proceeding to the checkpoint to trigger the second boss fight, you simply remain on the stage and spam Haruka cards off of cool-down to keep triggering soaked mode. Your AI teammates will even shoot at each other and build it up for a few minutes but they seem to freeze after a short while so you cannot AFK grind this trophy like I originally had hoped (unless someone finds a way to make the NPCs unfreeze.)

I have received the Soaking Corporal trophy while typing this up so I assume it works all the way up to 100(Edit2: Just got the Seargant trophy so I can confirm it works). Maybe this might be helpful to people who have only this trophy remaining from the non-skill related trophies and can't be bothered doing random missions as the normal grind mission (Ayame's Business - Episode 5) is too short to reliably trigger soak mode before your teammates defeat the boss. 

TL;DR - Start Gessen Mission 10, Defeat first boss, Spam haruka cards until you get the trophy.

Edit: I know this board has been dead since December 2017 but maybe someone will see this and it will help a few people out or reach the individuals that created the trophy guides for these games

It's gonna help me, so thanks !!

• 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...

You can slso easily do it while grinding out the 100 kills trophies. 

I use Episode 1 of the recommended instead of 5, on easy.

Start the level and just let them shoot you with their water guns, you'll transform before you run out of HP. 

Then go ahead and get your 4 kills. 

If you do this just for skills/pets/melee kills that's 75 runs of getting your power up without going out of your way. 

Doing it this way should cut tons of time I think as you're doing it simultaneously with the other trophies. 

I'm up to about 70 myself with the Skills/Pet kills left. 

• Like 1