Dodgy PSN Users

snacklepuss

Is there a list or site of `Dodgy PSN Usernames" anywhere or a list of known current scams and scammers or people known to dig for information on PSN: 

Its dangerous online now more than any other time: Dont get sucked into any old conversations: I think people are not as aware of this problem ad they should be:

Stay Safe:

• Like 1

If you need to be extra careful about anyone, just Google their ID and be careful in general.. Usually low lvl accounts can be spam or scam accounts, but there's no way to know 100% for sure. 

I usually try to look them up to see if I may be adding a potential hacker, but even that it's rare to happen.. And in general, I'm just business on PSN, the only few that I talk at a more personal level is people that I know in real life or people that I don't know in real life, but know on PSN/online for several years. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, snacklepuss said:

Is there a list or site of `Dodgy PSN Usernames" anywhere or a list of known current scams and scammers or people known to dig for information on PSN: 

Its dangerous online now more than any other time: Dont get sucked into any old conversations: I think people are not as aware of this problem ad they should be:

Stay Safe:

Easy fix for that, set your messages to friends only and you won't get scam messages through psn

• Like 4

These seem to be all over the place now - setting messages to ‘friends only’ is a must at this point (For a variety of reasons, but this being the main one.)

Additionally, do not respond to, or accept any request from an account with a PS level below 6, as even non-trophy people will be above that, but disposable accounts for nefarious purposes will not have put in enough effort to reach it.

26 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

These seem to be all over the place now - setting messages to ‘friends only’ is a must at this point (For a variety of reasons, but this being the main one.)

Additionally, do not respond to, or accept any request from an account with a PS level below 6, as even non-trophy people will be above that, but disposable accounts for nefarious purposes will not have put in enough effort to reach it.

If I were a nefarious thinking person, I would have figured out how to throw enough random hacked trophies onto these accounts to at least appear legitimate. I do wonder what the response rate would be like that point versus these 0 trophy accounts.

"Oh a GIRL who's got CoD on her profile just wants a credit card number and she'll keep talking to me?! MOOOOOOOOOOOM!!! I NEED YOUR CREDIT CARD NUMBER!!"

3 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

If I were a nefarious thinking person, I would have figured out how to throw enough random hacked trophies onto these accounts to at least appear legitimate. I do wonder what the response rate would be like that point versus these 0 trophy accounts.

"Oh a GIRL who's got CoD on her profile just wants a credit card number and she'll keep talking to me?! MOOOOOOOOOOOM!!! I NEED YOUR CREDIT CARD NUMBER!!"

What I'm genuinely looking forward to is when hackers can find out ways to unlock trophies for profiles without any account information, that will be the day where this website likely has to white-list trophies altogether, especially if it happens to affect any of the mods. 

Either way, I just never respond to most people through PSN as most people who can communicate with me are on another platform that is easier to use. I don't like the PSN messaging interface. It's not necessarily that the account can be dodgy, but instead the message is dodgy, so I would grief report any message that is trying to acquire account info or something and I would ignore any generic basic messages from accounts that don't look like they've been used much. 

20 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Good point - updated advice below:

Additionally, do not respond to, or accept any request from an account with a PS level below 6, or from @DaivRules, as they will defo hack you and steal all your monies.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UlvenFenrir said:

The people who get sucked into trickery and scams are the same people who tells you their account got “hacked”. If you have a brain, use it. I know thats difficult for some, but logic and common sense will get you very far in life.

This. You don't need a college degree, just use common sense. No hot 18 years old brunette is gonna talk to you because she got turned on by your trophy list.

Simply setting messages to friends-only and not accepting random invites filters 99.9% of those people.

• Like 3

I usually get a good laugh from some of those offers you receive through PSN from any number of random accounts. One of the worst offenders out there are those that chain message the offer of resending the same message to a certain amount of people in hopes of receiving $50 credit to use on PSN. I mean, come on...

As others have said, just using your common sense will help a lot in identifying these fake users. Personally, I just ignore them.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, snacklepuss said:

Stay Safe:

As an adult you have only yourself to blame if you fall into this because you should of known better than to take in an obvious scam. 

Children on the other hand are very vulnerable. If some of you trophy hunters on this website have kids, I would be extremely cautious because they are much more susceptible to scams on the internet.

Edited by Spaz
  • Like 1

I havent been scammed folks: I am just feeling out for whats currently in the anti scam psyche of people who like me; have been Gaming for years with libraries worth a few quid [Hell Yeah I said that]

Ive got some weird people but there was this one person whos been trying to "chat" for like a year now and is a human who actually plays games with a plat as well: It feels like this person may well be someone [or not] whom I know in real life but whos fishing for some nefarious reason:

EXAMPLE an ex GF seeking to ruin ones reputation by whatever it is weird ex GFs do: 

ANYHOO: I blocked the user who appears to be very split personality and has delusions of grandeur: One comment "it" made was "I`m kind of a mini celebrity where I live" 

They purported to be some one of great importance: PMSL: The messages were filled to the max and would come in waves of niceness and then nasty type accusatory; as though what was being said I was responsible for: Much like a scorned ex GF if you get me: BLOCKED NOW: 

But from the responses I think the topic is very very important and ALL PSN or gamers ibn general should be very aware of "relationships" on networks:

Stay alert folks and thanks posting advice: Everyone will benefit from this: I recall I was almost hacked on PSNProfiles itself: Hmmmm Yip Hmmmm :-) 

Edited by snacklepuss

I don't know to laugh at or cry with people being scammed. I don't want to believe people are so gullible but my RL friend did get scammed a couple grand for a job interview....I laughed at him.