Head in the Cloud Solution (Boston/NY)

bigrake1

I might also add that in learning how to force re-sync this meddlesome Boston pivot, I have also come to understand how many of these inaccessible pivots are placed in this mini-game. While I will not document the steps here, as to make widely known this exploit, these pivots, as I understand it, have not "glitched" into bizarre, unreachable places, but were intentionally placed, as a troll. 

When I or others force re-sync an inassessible pivot, it has not been successfully "countered" in the pivot mini-game, and is therefore still there to land in another unsuspecting person's game, potentially spoiling, say, 60-100 hours of labor. This is partly why the Boston Epsilon pivot repeatedly shows up in players' games in the same location, within that tavern. 

This is the danger of allowing players to place things in other players' games. Foreseeing possible abuses, this pivot mini-game should not have been implemented in AC3 in its current form. As a fix, Ubisoft might consider auto re-synching uncollected pivots once every 24 hours. 

Edited by bigrake1
Clarification
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi mate thx for the info how you get it resynched? I ve done the same as you with setting my pivot on barrels around the glitched one after I ve set my 9th pivot I got disconnected from Ubisoft server automatically and when I connect to it again the pivot respawned in the frontier ?

• Like 1

Ha. Good intentions, but you've only dumped the problem into another gamer's lap. Lol.

Until whoever placed that annoying pivot inside the house shows some mercy, it won't be "successfully countered" in the pivot mini-game, and will be passed from unlucky player to unlucky player... ?

Edited by bigrake1
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...

I have the same problem now. Pivot Epsilon in Adam's Tavern in Boston's Southern District.

No solution I have read so far has worked.

I don't know who is the bigger piece of shit: the guy who put the pivot there initially or the developer who thought this online crap was a good idea.

• Like 2

@Raqiros I’m very sorry to hear the Adam’s Tavern pivot found its way into your game. But others have contacted me since it landed in my game, and they’ve been able to dislodge it...sending it to another player’s game, unfortunately. That pivot has probably been swapped 50 times now since I dealt with it. Keep trying popular strategies, and I believe you’ll have a successful instance to dislodge the pivot. The stars have to align. You’ll have to be persistent. 

Edited by bigrake1

I can't believe they didn't anticipate this.

Do you have any further advice beyond your initial post?

Fuck it, I got it.

I did your method again. The only difference was, that I only planted 5 of these fucking things. The pivot then moved to the Docks in Boston on top of a barrel.

Thank you very much.

Edited by Raqiros
Update
  • Like 1

@Raqiros Yes, many have written back saying my modified method to remove the Adam's Tavern pivot eventually works. Now it has bounced to another player's game, unfortunately. Beyond frustrating. Glad it worked for you, too. ?

As a tip for future players who end up with the Adam's Tavern pivot in their game, when you place an elevated pivot, be sure that the "glitched" pivot is white and not greyed when placing your pivot. Then you will know you've successfully placed your countering pivot at the correct, matching height. Again, I shouldn't use the word "glitched," because this pivot was intentionally placed by a malicious troll.

I hope they address this situation in the upcoming remastered AC3 for PS4...As I mentioned earlier, there is a map exploit that allows for these pivots to be placed inside buildings, hills, or in the sky; if not patched, I don't see what would prevent trolls from placing pivots in inaccessible places in the upcoming, remastered AC3. It's a terrible idea to allow other players to place things in your game: Not everyone is playing nicely...

Edited by bigrake1

• 6 months later...
8 hours ago, Ziou21ish said:

I found all the pivots and connected to the cloud, but I didn't unlock the trophy

You have to go into Map>Pivots>Info and then a very very short "cutscene" will play, giving you the trophy.

• 8 months later...

@Real_Slink  Glad it helped. I've had quite a few contact me about this solution in a positive way. Now you passed the pivot on to another unfortunate gamer. Moral of the story here: Don't allow people to place items in your game...Not everyone will be nice about this. Lol

Edited by bigrake1

• 5 weeks later...

was excited after reading this thread and how recent it is, but my Boston Epsilon isn't getting relocated after ~30 mins of repeating the steps ... people say it sometimes resets after 24h so I'll have to try that I guess 

Edited by hore

Yes. It’s definitely moved to another player’s game now. My guess another trophy hunter’s game. The only way for it to “vanish” is for it be to successfully countered, which no one in this thread is doing. We are merely kicking the can down the road. 

It’s not on a 24 hour clock. The pivot was waiting for someone else to enter the pivot game. 

• 2 weeks later...

@Xatranaz Most likely. You've likely played the "counter," and your game is currently looking for another unfortunate person to send it to. Since this is deep in the game, there aren't as many people actively playing the pivot game right now. My guess is you will log on at some point and the pivot will be gone, bounced, perhaps, to another trophy hunter's game. (The kind of player likely to make it to the pivot game on PS3.)

Edited by bigrake1

8 minutes ago, bigrake1 said:

@Xatranaz Most likely. You've likely played the "counter," and your game is currently looking for another unfortunate person to send it to. Since this is deep in the game, there aren't as many people actively playing the pivot game right now. My guess is you will log on at some point and the pivot will be gone, bounced, perhaps, to another trophy hunter's game. (The kind of player likely to make it to the pivot game on PS3.)

At the stage where I sign out to re-sync should I have remained signed out while I quit the game then?

@Xatranaz This is what I did. "I pressed the PS button on my controller, went to XMB, went to Account Management, hit triangle, signed out, waited a few seconds, signed back in, then returned to the game. I did not pull the plug on my Internet, as others say is required."

I believe I got lucky at the time because someone else was actively playing the pivot game, so this trolled pivot bounced to their game.

Edited by bigrake1

30 minutes ago, bigrake1 said:

@Xatranaz This is what I did. "I pressed the PS button on my controller, went to XMB, went to Account Management, hit triangle, signed out, waited a few seconds, signed back in, then returned to the game. I did not pull the plug on my Internet, as others say is required."

I believe I got lucky at the time because someone else was actively playing the pivot game, so this trolled pivot bounced to their game.

Sounds like to me i should have stayed signed out at that point and quit the game. Will come back in a few days time however and see what happens.