Head in the Cloud Solution (Boston/NY)

bigrake1

I’m glad to hear the servers are still up and running.  I thought that might be the case since it’s the weekend.  I managed to get most of the pivots in about 90 minutes last night but got stuck with the unobtainable pivot in the New York house.  I hope that it’s moved to somewhere else by the time I get home tonight.

Am I doing something wrong? I've logged back in. My pivot still has not reset, but some of the pivots, I've placed were gone

EDIT: OMG, I DID IT, it reset after 24hrs. Also, I know it's late, but what I did is, I removed all my pivots, relogged. Then, since I relogged, I was able to place them super close to each other. And that's what I did. I placed all my pivots super close to the troll one and to each other. Then I've tried the reset method 3 times and it worked. First time I did it as described in the post, then I've waited for a bit more before logging back in, then I decided to relog in gameplay, standing really close to all the pivots and I think that worked. But it may be, because the game said "1 day ago". Maybe 24hrs must pass, before you can use the reset method? I don't know

Edited by Sebulba2000
  • Like 4

Got this asinine trophy just now. Waiting for 24 hrs from when the Troll pivot is FIRST DISCOVERED is the trick. I did as everyone else, placed all 11 pivots around the Boston troll and then logged in after 24 hrs (real time) had passed since the troll was discovered, it then wisked the pivot away to the Frontier where it was super easy to track down.

I hope anyone who's still going for this feels he's close to 24hrs from the troll pivot being discovered, my advice to you is do not give up. There is a HIGH chance that Ubi will push this closure right untill Monday evening 6 PM their time (considering we're in the weekend) so it's possible even if you start now. Or maybe they'll shut it down in the next few hours, who knows, but be positive and hurry the hell up!

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Sebulba2000 said:

Am I doing something wrong? I've logged back in. My pivot still has not reset, but some of the pivots, I've placed were gone

EDIT: OMG, I DID IT, it reset after 24hrs. Also, I know it's late, but what I did is, I removed all my pivots, relogged. Then, since I relogged, I was able to place them super close to each other. And that's what I did. I placed all my pivots super close to the troll one and to each other. Then I've tried the reset method 3 times and it worked. First time I did it as described in the post, then I've waited for a bit more before logging back in, then I decided to relog in gameplay, standing really close to all the pivots and I think that worked. But it may be, because the game said "1 day ago". Maybe 24hrs must pass, before you can use the reset method? I don't know

Congrats !

@Sebulba2000 and @Nabeel_of_Steel  Congratulations!!!

I wish this were as easy as a 24 hour reset, but many, including myself, had to wait well-more than 24 hours. It’s the busyness of the mini-game that is predictably allowing a reset after/inside a day. These trolls are finding open games. I’m very happy you two escaped! Yes, I didn’t think Ubi would close the servers this weekend. There may indeed be time for another player to get the troll and kick it to another. Nicely done!

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Lordguwa said:

there's one answer that remains: who was left with the last troll pivot and couldn't get the platinum. 

the suspense :(. 

or best ending: everyone got it before they closed.

Well since no one has posted it's safe to assume everyone got it! If not, maybe some random not familiar with this site got unlucky, but if you don't know about PSNP you probably aren't trophy hunting on the final day of server closure lol.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Afro_Gear said:

Well since no one has posted it's safe to assume everyone got it! If not, maybe some random not familiar with this site got unlucky, but if you don't know about PSNP you probably aren't trophy hunting on the final day of server closure lol.

Someone 100% got it, but not everyone posts to this site who are members. I’ve privately helped some remove the troll pivots who are active on this site but didn’t want to publicly deal with the situation. That person also may not want the negative attention. But, yes, I believe only a hunter got the troll at the end, and not a random. 

I just want to say that despite obtaining this trophy in time, it's such bullshit and poorly explained everywhere.  I'm happy for those that were able to obtain it.  I didn't realize the servers were closing a first time...then heard from someone that they were extended and boy o boy am I glad I got these out of the way.  I feel for those who had the pivot glitch big time, I was lucky and did not experience that one but sounded irritating.

God speed on the rest of the trophies :)

• Like 3