Head in the Cloud Solution (Boston/NY)

bigrake1

@Bumperklever

You are likely in a waiting game at this point. You are waiting for your game to kick that pivot to another player’s instance. This process may take more time as the game ages, and like I said, largely only hunters will bother with the pivot mini-game. You can have some confidence, as you said, that it’s “your turn.” We all followed this strategy and traded this evil pivot to another player. I’d give it a few days and attempt the process again if needed. My guess is at some point you’ll make a post saying it’s finally gone. 

*If I were younger I’d do a fresh-start and try to capture the rogue pivot and let it rot in my alt’s game forever.

Edited by bigrake1
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, bigrake1 said:

@Bumperklever

You are likely in a waiting game at this point. You are waiting for your game to kick that pivot to another player’s instance. This process may take more time as the game ages, and like I said, largely only hunters will bother with the pivot mini-game. You can have some confidence, as you said, that it’s “your turn.” We all followed this strategy and traded this evil pivot to another player. I’d give it a few days and attempt the process again if needed. My guess is at some point you’ll make a post saying it’s finally gone. 

*If I were younger I’d do a fresh-start and try to capture the rogue pivot and let it rot in my alt’s game forever.

Well sooo,

I played AC3 just now, because I still need to finish that one up for the plat / 100%.

The pivot did not change, however just before quiting the game for today I was trying to do the exploit 1 more time and so..

I got my 4 missing pivots back as well as the boston pivot got re-synced! Hooray, I got head in the cloud!

but then again this should not have happened in the first place. ?

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, fenris-lima said:

I have it now. Tried the method described and several variations and so far nothing worked. Currently at 15hrs waiting to see if it auto respawn sometime after 24hrs

It won’t autorespawn. There’s a lot of activity in that game right now. It will move to another victim’s game. My guess pretty soon. Follow the strategy and it will eventually move as it has for everyone else in this thread. 

Edited by bigrake1

5 hours ago, fenris-lima said:

Got it to work. Had to add a step "quit to game menu" between signing off and signing on

Nice work. Yes, I didn’t think that pivot would take long to find another person’s game with the heightened activity (regarding the impending server closure). Likely this pivot will be bounced around quite a bit between now and Sept 1 as more people flood endgame. 

6 hours ago, Omega-MkIII said:

I Will rush through this game now. I intend to only complete the story and epilogue missions, and then try to tackle the pivots Trophy.

Is there any problem with It? I mean, aside from the fact It can glitch on menu of course.

No, just a very small chance this rogue pivot will enter your game. This thread addresses one unique, problematic pivot largely passed from one hunter to another like an STD. It's a single pivot we've been countering into other player's games, purposely placed under the map as a sinister joke, and not a general glitch in the game. Randoms will very likely rarely touch the pivot mini game. If for some reason this pivot does land in your game, you can get it out, provided it finds another person's game to land in. Since activity is currently high in the game, chances are good you won't have issues beyond maybe a day's wait.

Edited by bigrake1

I currently have the glitched pivot in south boston. The servers close soon so I might not get this trophy. Could anyone explain the steps more clearly as I’m not 100% I’m doing it right? Specifically highlighting the pivot ?‍♂️

8 hours ago, sparkie07 said:

I currently have the glitched pivot in south boston. The servers close soon so I might not get this trophy. Could anyone explain the steps more clearly as I’m not 100% I’m doing it right? Specifically highlighting the pivot ?‍♂️

Please see my first posts in this thread. I outline the removal steps very clearly in basic terms. Do the steps and it'll likely vanish immediately (if super lucky), to a few hours, to a day or so. Because the game is busy I'm imagining sooner rather than later.

Pivots have two status indicator shades: Whitish (pivot at your level) and gray (pivot not on your level). The troll pivot was placed over your head, so to speak, and will appear gray on the radar when you are at street level. It will turn white when you climb, showing you that you're then at its current height. So you need to place your pivots "on the level" of the troll pivot to remove it. So place your pivots on houses, awnings, fences, barrels, etc., around the troll pivot so they are on the same plane, so it gets "countered" into another player's game. If you place your pivots on ground level, your countering pivots will miss the troll pivot, leaving it in your game for all eternity.

Edited by bigrake1

My update is as of today I managed to force the re-sync on the troll pivot and mine moved to New York and I was able to pop the head in the clouds trophy. Thanks big rake as I wouldn’t have got this without your post, and good luck to the next unlucky hunter 

ps mine had taken 4 days to leave, just letting anyone new know that it can be a few days 

Edited by sparkie07
  • Like 1

@sparkie07 Happy to see that the troll pivot has been countered from your game. Yes, it can definitely take a few days for the pivot to find someone's open game. This pivot is hot potato now. Someone will have their platinum run broken by this in late August.

Edited by bigrake1

18 hours ago, ResiGamer_28 said:

Woohoo lucky me the adams tavern pivot is in my game. I've surrounded it with raised level pivots as recommended, have quit to game menu and signed out. Though my ps3 has signed itself back in to auto upload, will that affect it? 

I doubt it. The most important step is to counter the troll pivot as directed in this thread. You’re waiting to find a victim. When this pivot finds someone’s open game, it’ll switch to it. If after like 3 days, as busy as this game is, if the troll pivot is still in your game, then I’d do exactly the steps listed above, as the window of opportunity to rid this pivot from your game is shrinking. 

Edited by bigrake1

3 hours ago, bigrake1 said:

I doubt it. The most important step is to counter the troll pivot as directed in this thread. You’re waiting to find a victim. When this pivot finds someone’s open game, it’ll switch to it. If after like 3 days, as busy as this game is, if the troll pivot is still in your game, then I’d do exactly the steps listed above, as the window of opportunity to rid this pivot from your game is shrinking. 

I wonder if its frowned upon to use an ip tracker, find the dickhead who planted it and remove all their finger nails with a spoon?

• Like 1

So I surrounded it with pivots, switched off my wifi extender, left the game for 24 hours. Switched it on and bingo no longer at the tavern, moved pivots around and it spawned on a roof. Got my head in clouds trophy. Sorry to the poor bastard who's game it just jumped to. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, CarolinaMike said:

Passed it to me :) 

Nooooooooo!!!  This’ll be hot potato as we head to Sept 1! 

(So we quickly discovered the identity of the “poor bastard”!) Lol

Edited by bigrake1

oh god no. going to have to do head in the clouds tomorrow. here's hoping i don't get any nasty ones.

edit 1: 3 down tonight. working on more in the morning. 

edit 2: i didn't encounter any nasty trolli pivot 

saved another game from being uncompleted. (11:23am 7/19 2022)

Edited by Lordguwa