Head in the Cloud Solution (Boston/NY)

bigrake1

6 hours ago, patrickdziura said:

Did you delete the first save file (after a backup)?

No. Glad the pivot is gone! It’s just a matter of time before the pivot finds an open game. It often takes upwards of 3-4 days for a game to be found. That’s the part players really struggle with. Once you do the strategy in this forum, it’s a waiting game. There’s no way to brute force the pivot because it needs to land in a player’s active game (with the rare exception you’re playing at same moment someone else is, and it gets countered there). When you sync and discover it’s gone, you’re merely getting an update that it’s moved recently at some point. Some really lucky players get it out in a few hours. 

We may discover soon whose game it’s traveled to…

Edited by bigrake1
  • Like 1

I tried The strategy of starting a new game on the second slot and it didn't work. I tried deleting the save, starting a new one and then switch back to my old save (with a backup) and it didn't work too. Probably the other strategy was just a coincidence. 

I tried to "brute force" the resync sometimes, but mainly because I didn't know If I placed right the other pivots. In the last one it updated. 

• Like 1

From my limited understanding of this; if there is only 1 troll pivot then surely it should be theoretically possible for that pivot to end up in a persons second save file. That way, say there is only 1 person left come the end days (servers closing), the person stuck could create a new game and zip through it to the pivot game then try bounce the pivot from one save to the other?

• Like 1

21 hours ago, TrannosaurusBex said:

From my limited understanding of this; if there is only 1 troll pivot then surely it should be theoretically possible for that pivot to end up in a persons second save file. That way, say there is only 1 person left come the end days (servers closing), the person stuck could create a new game and zip through it to the pivot game then try bounce the pivot from one save to the other?

It may be possible. But would that individual have the time to get a second game all the way to the pivot mini-game? That would be quite the feat. More likely, if that individual could be that fast, s/he could use an alt account and counter the pivot to the alt’s session and trap it. With the clock expiring, my nagging doubt would be, must the troll pivot be shot to a different user account? I would think you’re probably right, but if someone has an alt, and if this were to be attempted, I’d recommend using the alt account to be safe. If you had two boxes, you could theoretically counter the troll pivot surrounded by raised pivots directly to the alt’s concurrently live session. I’ve thought at times about using my alt to remove the troll pivot from circulation, but I’m getting older and the window of quality gaming for me is getting smaller and smaller. 

The person who has this troll pivot with a few days to go will feel the heat. I’d probably try the alt strategy as a back up if I really desperately wanted to avoid the broken plat. You’d need some around the clock gaming and some luck!

As the final week approaches, I also wonder about the demographics of those who play AC3 on PS3. My guess is the population skews towards those in their mid/late 30s/40s. This individual may have a job/family life that would make scrambling on a second run nearly impossible.

Edited by bigrake1

2 hours ago, bigrake1 said:

It may be possible. But would that individual have the time to get a second game all the way to the pivot mini-game? That would be quite the feat.

I'm far from the point where i can try this pivot thing (only started main game yesterday ^^') so I definitly dont 100% get how it works

But could it be possible that someone backup his save on ps+ cloud just after finishing main game.

After save backuped, do the pivot trophy for him

When trophy unlocked, get back the save from the cloud and start again the pivot thing, get the glitched pivot and keep it :D (trophy already unlocked so not a matter for him)

Just an idea, maybe stupid, only people who knows pivots well can tell if it could work ^^'

• Like 1

10 hours ago, CobraMJD said:

Gladly I didn't receive the troll/glitchy pivot. Only had to remove 150 friends to play this mode, sigh ..

Anyway got my trophy 2 days ago. Good luck all.

I also had to remove friends. Not everyone took so kindly to that. A couple of the randoms (non-hunters), who were the first to go, had some choice words over the unfriending, even though I hadn’t spoken to them in many years. ? 

On 09/08/2022 at 1:30 AM, patrickdziura said:

Did you delete the first save file (after a backup)?

Save file wasn't a back up.

I completed the game on save file 1, reached the pivot part and found I had a glitched pivot. Started a new game from the main menu and made this save file 2. Played the first mission then accessed the pivot menu in save file 2, connecting to the server. Then went back to Save file 1 and connected to the server again and the pivot had moved.

On 09/08/2022 at 1:55 PM, patrickdziura said:

I tried The strategy of starting a new game on the second slot and it didn't work. I tried deleting the save, starting a new one and then switch back to my old save (with a backup) and it didn't work too. Probably the other strategy was just a coincidence. 

I tried to "brute force" the resync sometimes, but mainly because I didn't know If I placed right the other pivots. In the last one it updated. 

Did you connect to the pivot server through the select menu in the second save file?

1 hour ago, jamo_kergozou said:

Save file wasn't a back up.

I completed the game on save file 1, reached the pivot part and found I had a glitched pivot. Started a new game from the main menu and made this save file 2. Played the first mission then accessed the pivot menu in save file 2, connecting to the server. Then went back to Save file 1 and connected to the server again and the pivot had moved.

Probably was a coincidence then. I tried that and the pivot was still bugged on save file 2 and when I went back to save file 1.

I tried to make a backup and do the first mission on a complete new game and it didn't work too. Just the method to put the pivots around the bugged one, force the resync and wait

• Like 1

I have the pivot glitch in Boston aswell :( it's frustrating :(

(Edited) 

Just got it ?

No need to delete friends Method... What I done was,, transfer my data and profile to my alt then started on the game,, it will say invalid data when try load save profile,, so do save 2 then start game ..  Then went back to my main account and then went on multiplayer quit out then went back and it's came up with all my game unlock stuff then went in my game and it moved !! I also had all my pivots around it before done the method ,, I done this at the 24 hour mark ?! Hopefully this helps ?!! 

Edited by terminator5608

On 10/08/2022 at 7:58 PM, bigrake1 said:

I also had to remove friends. Not everyone took so kindly to that. A couple of the randoms (non-hunters), who were the first to go, had some choice words over the unfriending, even though I hadn’t spoken to them in many years. 1f610.png 

I wrote a warning in PS4 Activities but really most of them were very inactive and from PS3 era, só I think was fine 

11 hours ago, terminator5608 said:

I have the pivot glitch in Boston aswell :( it's frustrating :(

(Edited) 

Just got it 1f601.png

No need to delete friends Method... What I done was,, transfer my data and profile to my alt then started on the game,, it will say invalid data when try load save profile,, so do save 2 then start game ..  Then went back to my main account and then went on multiplayer quit out then went back and it's came up with all my game unlock stuff then went in my game and it moved !! I also had all my pivots around it before done the method ,, I done this at the 24 hour mark ?! Hopefully this helps 1f601.png!! 

The delete friends is for the original glitch when not a single pivot appears. 

14 hours ago, terminator5608 said:

Ah I see cobraMJD it's cause people were saying you'll need to delete some friends that's all bro 1f601.png!! But this method I done works for the Boston glitch though ?!!! The one in the building 

Yes, what @CobraMJD wrote. Tossing friends off the boat won’t address this troll pivot. I was merely saying that when engaging multiplayer on PS3 games, I had far fewer issues with fewer friends. Usually things improved at 99 and 49 friends for different games. I re-friended players after I completed certain projects. Most understood. Random non-PS3 era players / non-hunters usually didn’t get it. 

12 hours ago, SoulWithin said:

I have the bugged pivot 1f614.png. I tried resetting it, but it didn't work. I really want to get this last "online" trophy before September.

Is there no way to just glitch in and get the pivot instead of passing it on? Is it known how someone placed it there initially?

It is working. You’re waiting.

Yes, there was actually a forum posted many years on a web site now closed where several players were bragging about glitching into “out of bounds” areas of the AC3 map to place active pivots. (I reported those players to Sony and Ubisoft.) This is why I earlier argued Ubisoft should never allow players to place things in other players’ games in the future: Bad idea. The player who placed the troll pivot would have to recollect it. (Won’t happen.) Or you could use the exploit to counter the troll pivot. The problem with that is, if the method is shared, other players may inject more troll pivots into the mix. There used to be a Youtube video showing a player glitching under the Boston map. I don’t know if that video is still posted. In fact, there were other troll pivots than this infamous one, but players couldn’t extract them and were left with broken platinums, taking the other troll pivots out of circulation.  

Very likely, as busy as this game currently is, you’ll log on soon to discover the resync has occurred. The average wait is 1-4 days. 

Edited by bigrake1

I have a glitched Pivot in a locked away fort on the south western part of New York https://mapgenie.io/assassins-creed-3/maps/america?x=-0.6640643725476139&y=0.23631955659618598&zoom=15 .

It's right at the 3 crates in the north eastern part of the fort and I could see the pivot in Sequence 10-1 where you lead one of the Britain's armies Soldiers into the fort. Is there another sequence that let's you access this location?

EDIT: Maybe I can get it by replaying "Lee's last stand" wish me luck ;P

EDIT2: Managed to get it today. If you happen to get a pivot in that locked away fort run around the outskirts from the south to the north western part climb the wall and try to lob onto the flag post. From there you can jump inside the fort.

I wish I could place a few easy pivots on the map for you guys but seems you are locked out of this "mini game" after collecting all 12...

Edited by Dreamcast12

5 hours ago, SoulWithin said:

Right. It's been about 21 hours since it was synced now. I logged on today and I noticed some of my placed pivots had been picked up. I put them back down again.

So, if I glitched under the map I could pick up the pivot? If not, why?

Yes, theoretically, if you glitched under the map, you could counter it. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1G2QRtau0GLkcBB_M_oXHgP89xJI2lTgW/view?usp=drivesdk

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1G4IdgDrNARk48dCyTYl0hFbSKaLNN8VZ/view?usp=drivesdk

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1G62C5eCMX4QeXsR7aq4yHwOZVbiuc1KU/view?usp=drivesdk

Hi.

A pivot was created in a Boston pub for me, too.

I tried logging in again after pressing the triangle button, but Pivot is still hiding.

Will the last pivot be created in a new place over time?

Edited by Kazya-_-

1 hour ago, Kazya-_- said:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1G2QRtau0GLkcBB_M_oXHgP89xJI2lTgW/view?usp=drivesdk

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1G4IdgDrNARk48dCyTYl0hFbSKaLNN8VZ/view?usp=drivesdk

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1G62C5eCMX4QeXsR7aq4yHwOZVbiuc1KU/view?usp=drivesdk

Hi.

A pivot was created in a Boston pub for me, too.

I tried logging in again after pressing the triangle button, but Pivot is still hiding.

Will the last pivot be created in a new place over time?

Yes, so long as you’ve done the steps listed at the beginning of this forum. You’re waiting for the pivot to find an open game. Any time between now and 4 days, usually. 

Edited by bigrake1
  • Like 1

On 2022. 8. 15. at 5:13 AM, bigrake1 said:

Yes, so long as you’ve done the steps listed at the beginning of this forum. You’re waiting for the pivot to find an open game. Any time between now and 4 days, usually. 

Wow, a day after I logged on to this game, I logged on again,
The last pivot was made in New York.
It really works. Thank you!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GUM0h_kpHqOqJddyJFFCRpea7fn4OyuJ/view?usp=drivesdk

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GYYd16hpjeTT0T0tvPBNOsugx3ZTZ32l/view?usp=drivesdk

• Like 1

Having no luck with Bigrake1's method, I must be really unlucky because it clearly works.

I've got the Boston Pub pivot glitch. I have put all 11 Pivots around the area (off the ground so the Pivot was white). I have signed out of PSN via the XMB menu. I have then pressed Triangle and signed back into PSN. I get the Ubisoft Server message, but the Pivot wont reset. Its been there for around 12 hours, im just hoping I get lucky and it resets in 24 hours / 1-4 days?

I can't think what else I have done wrong tbh.

3 hours ago, ShadowSevenfold said:

Having no luck with Bigrake1's method, I must be really unlucky because it clearly works.

I've got the Boston Pub pivot glitch. I have put all 11 Pivots around the area (off the ground so the Pivot was white). I have signed out of PSN via the XMB menu. I have then pressed Triangle and signed back into PSN. I get the Ubisoft Server message, but the Pivot wont reset. Its been there for around 12 hours, im just hoping I get lucky and it resets in 24 hours / 1-4 days?

I can't think what else I have done wrong tbh.

You haven’t done anything wrong. You’re waiting for the pivot to find an open game. It won’t move on anyone’s timetable. You’ll open your game at some point and get a notification that it’s moved. There isn’t a brute-force method. You’ve done what you need to do to trigger its move, what everyone else in this forum has done. Hang in there. Just keep checking periodically. 

Sadly, as we approach Sept 1, someone WILL get stuck with this. I just think it’s too early to be you. Others are playing. 

Edited by bigrake1
  • Like 1