Head in the Cloud Solution (Boston/NY)

bigrake1

6 minutes ago, bigrake1 said:

You haven’t done anything wrong. You’re waiting for the pivot to find an open game. It won’t move on anyone’s timetable. You’ll open your game at some point and get a notification that it’s moved. There isn’t a brute-force method. You’ve done what you need to do to trigger its move, what everyone else in this forum has done. Hang in there. Just keep checking periodically. 

Sadly, as we approach Sept 1, someone WILL get stuck with this. I just think it’s too early to be you. Others are playing. 

Thanks man, I know you've said this before but it's reassuring to know I've done everything right lmao. I'm just worrying I'm going to end up being the one who gets f*cked by it, but like you said hopefully it's early enough!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ShadowSevenfold said:

Thanks man, I know you've said this before but it's reassuring to know I've done everything right lmao. I'm just worrying I'm going to end up being the one who gets f*cked by it, but like you said hopefully it's early enough!

IT WORKEDDDDD

Disconnected Internet, went back into game and reconnected and its relocated itself! Just found the Epsilon Pivot and I've got my last online trophy ? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ShadowSevenfold said:

IT WORKEDDDDD

Disconnected Internet, went back into game and reconnected and its relocated itself! Just found the Epsilon Pivot and I've got my last online trophy 1f3c6.png 

Congratulations! Yes, I thought it was still too active for you to be the final player stuck with this. It got knocked into someone else’s game. Perhaps we’ll know whose soon. 

Edited by bigrake1
  • Like 1

On 12/08/2022 at 11:41 PM, bigrake1 said:

Yes, what @CobraMJD wrote. Tossing friends off the boat won’t address this troll pivot. I was merely saying that when engaging multiplayer on PS3 games, I had far fewer issues with fewer friends. Usually things improved at 99 and 49 friends for different games. I re-friended players after I completed certain projects. Most understood. Random non-PS3 era players / non-hunters usually didn’t get it. 

True bigrake1 was just saying cause some are saying delete friends but the way I done worked for me ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TrophyVoyager said:

Alright I was the poor soul who had the glitched pivot but fix the issue using same method as everyone else and waiting a day. may god have mercy on the fool to get this pivot day before server closes xD

Ha! Yes, in a few days the music will stop, and someone won’t have a chair to sit in. AC3 is too big project to be spoiled like this! Likely still too early for you to be the final one. 

Edited by bigrake1

5 hours ago, Vaders_Troop said:

My final pivot is Kappa, inside a building in New York... 

I haven't seen that particular troll pivot before. I know that group put several into circulation. Use the same strategy outlined in this forum to remove it. As I mentioned above, one was placed way in the sky so that couldn't be removed: It simply broke the player's platinum run...You don't want to wait on this. Those having the troll pivots in their games on the 28th have some chance of having their plats broken, with those odds vastly increasing each day to the 1st.

Edited by bigrake1
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Vaders_Troop said:

i wonder if simply starting a new game would move them?

They have to be countered to move. It’ll possibly rot on your other save. More likely it will move in a few days max since you’ve likely done the steps outlined here. If you ever returned to your old save you’d likely found it got bounced. But this particular thread was tested only for the Boston troll, so I’m not totally sure. The nerve-wracking thing is waiting…especially now with a few days before shutdown. 

Edited by bigrake1
  • Like 1

Hi I have made a video explaining this bug and methods to solve it here:

I experienced the exact same New York pivot i think you are referring to and hopefully this video can help you. FYI I used lots of information found from this psnpost specfically bigrake1 and I credited bigrake1 in the video too

Edited by BigBoyDonk
  • Like 3

@BigBoyDonk

Great video! Yes, you summarized the precise situation! What solves the Boston troll will solve NY: But it's a waiting game, as you noted, for technical reasons (you're waiting for someone's open game to, as you say, regretfully "throw them under the bus," by passing the troll on to them.) Most of the old way out-of-bounds troll pivots are removed from circulation as they require the original player to properly counter them, or to use the only brute-force method: Clipping under the map. So they remain rotting in the victims' games. There are quite a few broken plats already out there. I've been VERY wary of elaborating on how the group placed the troll pivots, as human nature being what is it, others will likely clip under the map and place fresh troll pivots at this late date to bag hunters. Again, thanks go to you, and thanks for all in this forum who've escaped certain doom using the elevated pivot strategy, which has proven itself over the years, saving quite a few plat runs.

Edited by bigrake1
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, bigrake1 said:

@BigBoyDonk

Great video! Yes, you summarized the precise situation! What solves the Boston troll will solve NY: But it's a waiting game, as you noted, for technical reasons (you're waiting for someone's open game to, as you say, regretfully "throw them under the bus," by passing the troll on to them.) Most of the other way out-of-bounds troll pivots are removed from circulation as they require the original player to properly counter them, or to use the only brute-force method: Clipping under the map. So they remain rotting in the victims' games. There are quite a few broken plats already out there. I've been VERY wary of elaborating on how the group placed the troll pivots, as human nature being what is it, others will likely clip under the map and place fresh troll pivots at this late date to bag hunters. Again, thanks go to you, and thanks for all in this forum who've escaped certain doom using the elevated pivot strategy, which has proven itself over the years, saving quite a few plat runs.

Thank you for the feedback! I agree completely to not let the knowledge on how to clip under the map very known hahaha 

A giant thank you personally because once I saw this 'elevation' sort of gimmick you mentioned to someone else, I implemented that into my New York glitch and i could not believe it worked! Another giant thanks for still being so active on this forum post literal many many years after your initial post and continuing to help all these waves of people long after you yourself had already earnt the platinum. You are a real lifesaver and MVP!!! 

Edited by BigBoyDonk
  • Like 2

It's probably a good idea at this point to fire off a warning flare as Aug 28, 2022, approaches, given that it can take up to 4 days for your troll pivots to head off to poison a fellow hunter's game. Plat runs WILL be broken Sept 1, 2022, by these troll pivots planted in the second stories of homes in NY and Boston. You might have a situation where one gamer ends up with both the NY and Boston pivots, breaking only one platinum: Very unlikely but possible. Most likely two plats will be broken. It's unknown if the responsible parties planted more than one Boston and NY troll pivot, but it's unlikely. I would caution anyone against starting AC3 on PS3 on or after Aug 28, 2022, if S ranks are a thing for you.

If you find yourself stuck with a troll pivot on Aug 30, 2022, and you feel the walls closing in, a possible Hail Mary is to rush to the pivot mini-game on an alt on a second PS3, if you happen to own one, and hope your pivot get bounced to the alt's game (if your schedule even allows for such a moonshot). Far less certain off-ramp strategies involve kicking the pivots to an alt on the same PS3 as your main, or to a second save file on your main.

Edited by bigrake1
  • Like 2

This thread is great and I want to thank @bigrake1 for helping everyone out.

Unfortunately for me, you lead everyone to a treasure I cannot possess.

My trophy fully glitched. I did these pivots back in 2012 when the game released but the trophy never popped. If I go to the pivot menu now it says "synced to the cloud" or something. I can't do anything to make it pop :(. As it was so long ago I can't remember what caused it, maybe I accidentally used a cheat or something? Or it just full on glitched. I did some Googling and can only find a few instances of it happening.

I cleaned up all the DLCs and such recently and tried a few things to get it to pop but no dice. I've just accepted that I'll never get 100%.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, jonesey46 said:

This thread is great and I want to thank @bigrake1 for helping everyone out.

Unfortunately for me, you lead everyone to a treasure I cannot possess.

My trophy fully glitched. I did these pivots back in 2012 when the game released but the trophy never popped. If I go to the pivot menu now it says "synced to the cloud" or something. I can't do anything to make it pop :(. As it was so long ago I can't remember what caused it, maybe I accidentally used a cheat or something? Or it just full on glitched. I did some Googling and can only find a few instances of it happening.

I cleaned up all the DLCs and such recently and tried a few things to get it to pop but no dice. I've just accepted that I'll never get 100%.

If you wanted a final stab at this, erase everything on your system associated with this game and start a new file. There have been patches to address the pivot game since 2012 to clean up bugs associated with it. (Like patch 1.03 removed the ability to set troll pivots during cinematics and pass-throughs.) If I were in your situation I'd probably give it one more college-try. I'd erase the game and all the saves and profile info. Clean it all out. I'd play on a different PS3 if available. Re-download and start new save. Then b-line to the pivot mini-game.

Edited by bigrake1

1 hour ago, bigrake1 said:

If you wanted a final stab at this, erase everything on your system associated with this game and start a new file. There have been patches to address the pivot game since 2012 to clean up bugs associated with it. (Like patch 1.03 removed the ability to set troll pivots during cinematics and pass-throughs.) If I were in your situation I'd probably give it one more college-try. I'd erase the game and all the saves and profile info. Clean it all out. I'd play on a different PS3 if available. Re-download and start new save. Then b-line to the pivot mini-game.

So when I played recently it was on a different PS3 but right enough I did transfer my old saves. Maybe I'll give it one last go after erasing absolutely everything.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, jonesey46 said:

So when I played recently it was on a different PS3 but right enough I did transfer my old saves. Maybe I'll give it one last go after erasing absolutely everything.

Erase any cloud storage and profile info. Be thorough. Root it all out. You have time to pull this off. Would be quite heroic, frankly. After you download the game, re-sync your trophies on PS3 with the PSN network before starting.

Edited by bigrake1