Head in the Cloud Solution (Boston/NY)

bigrake1

1 hour ago, FreshFromThaDeli said:

What's the best way to initiate the first pivot when you only have two markers? Must make it hard to pinpoint the location. Also, how does one go about avoiding it glitching on me?

To answer the first part of your question, fast travel to one side of New York/Boston, place a pivot, then fast travel/run to the other side then place the second. Then from one of those points move closer to the other one and as you get closer remove and replace the pivot you started from. Hopefully that helps you a bit

• Like 3

I'm currently dealing with the Boston Adam's Tavern pivot, and I tried your suggested method. I woke up this morning to the pivot page saying it had been scanned more recent and some of my pivots had been taken off the map so I was excited to be free.

It was still in Adam's Tavern though, so I guess time to wait again.

• Like 1

Thanks guys. This trophy was a minor annoyance. I just had some YouTube podcasts on in the background for 3 hours and knocked this out in one sitting. Takes 10 minutes to understand how the pivots work and the rest is just trial and error. I didn't need to delete any friends and I have over 100 myself. Good luck to the people going for this in the last few days before server closure. 

Edited by FreshFromThaDeli
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, shottysniper123 said:

I'm currently dealing with the Boston Adam's Tavern pivot, and I tried your suggested method. I woke up this morning to the pivot page saying it had been scanned more recent and some of my pivots had been taken off the map so I was excited to be free.

It was still in Adam's Tavern though, so I guess time to wait again.

I had the same issue and with BigRake's help I was able to counter-hack it. In case you would prefer to see how it should look like on the in-game map, here's a photo:

IMG-20220825-235344.jpg

After setting other pivots around the Adam's Tavern I didn't even get into the game for around 24h. I've deleted the amount of my friends down to 49 too, just in case but I'm not sure it has helped. Wish you good luck!

Edit: Just checked your profile and I see that you got it. Well done! Yet another player's plat saved by BigRake1. I wouldn't want to be in the shoes of the last player with a trolled pivot.

Edited by The-Smiths-85
The problem has been solved.
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, The-Smiths-85 said:

In case you would prefer to see how it should look like on the in-game map, here's a photo:

@The-Smiths-85 Thank you so much for this picture! I'm sure this will help the final player(s) grappling with the trolled [Samuel] Adams Tavern pivot in Boston. It's definitely crunch time now.

Edited by bigrake1
  • Like 1

Hey guys, been rushing thru the story to get to the pivots and I finally made it... HOWEVER, I am encountering a weird glitch. I just got the tutorial for pivots and then all the pivots disappeared. It says 0 to find and 0 to plant. There is an exclamation point on the map with a spinning circle. Any ideas? I hate to come this far to have my victory squandered..

Tried everything, found solution. I had to delete a bunch of friends, down to 49. Wow that was some BS,. Edit: Ok, got Head in the Cloud first try, no other glitches. Good luck everyone!

Edited by Afro_Gear
  • Like 1

I was so scared I was destined to be the last one stuck with this "cheese touch" troll pivot, but I checked again today after waiting 24hrs & sure enough the Epsilon pivot respawned in the Frontier for me!

Not sure if this will be an unpopular opinion, but got to admit, this whole situation has to be one of the most fascinating things I've encountered in all my time & years as a trophy hunter. I'm sure whoever gets it after me, if anyone does, probably won't feel that way, but I can't think of any other singular trophy that has this kind of connected story woven through all of our games.

I'm also curious if anyone else had the almost "crisis of faith" I had as I pondered whether I should just bite the bullet and ruin my own plat run to spare someone else. It feels nice to know I can platinum the game now, but I do feel a singe of guilt lol.

Anyway, late night philosophical trophy dilemmas aside, it's nice to be part of this "fraternity" as bigrake1 put it (:

• Like 3

3 hours ago, PlayLaughLogan said:

Not sure if this will be an unpopular opinion, but got to admit, this whole situation has to be one of the most fascinating things I've encountered in all my time & years as a trophy hunter. I'm sure whoever gets it after me, if anyone does, probably won't feel that way, but I can't think of any other singular trophy that has this kind of connected story woven through all of our games.

I agree....It does raise kind of an interesting moral dilemma. Was the most virtuous course of action for you to take one for the team, so to speak? A small act of nobility and kindness? But anyone of us could've chosen to bite the bullet, but we didn't. Kind of reminds you of those trolley car moral dilemmas. In this case, you are the driver of the trolley. There is a fork in the tracks ahead. If you veer right, you go off a cliff and you perish, but save one or more lives, because if you head to the left, you save yourself, but run over one or more other trophy hunters. You never asked to be the driver. This was forced on you, like in the movie Speed. What's the "right" course of action?

You're very lucky, at this late date. Lol. Yes, someone 100% got the troll pivot from your game.

Edited by bigrake1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, HONKER24 said:

I got the Boston Troll pivot 1f62c.png.

13 hours have passed so far with me stuck with it so I'm not sure if I'm going to make it. Will check tomorrow morning.

I think you might escape this since you’re already at 13+ hours. This will be super close. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HSVDT_15 said:

Such a shame the platinum will be ripped from my grasp. Rushed to finish a campaign I didn't enjoy only to get the 0 Pivots glitch. I have like 400 friends so deleting isn't am option. Got every other online trophy, DLC included! 

Yes, as you know, you'd likely have to bail down to 49. I had to do it myself, as others did in this thread. The worst result would be deleting those friends then ending up with the Boston or NY troll pivot!

3 minutes ago, bigrake1 said:

Yes, as you know, you'd likely have to bail down to 49. I had to do it myself, as others did in this thread. The worst result would be deleting those friends then ending up with the Boston or NY troll pivot!

It's ridiculous that it was never patched to be honest. Ah well, end of the day it's just a trophy. I won't lose too much sleep over it (eventually, this will burn for me a bit lmao)

1 hour ago, HSVDT_15 said:

Such a shame the platinum will be ripped from my grasp. Rushed to finish a campaign I didn't enjoy only to get the 0 Pivots glitch. I have like 400 friends so deleting isn't am option. Got every other online trophy, DLC included! 

Well, you could try it at least, cause it shouldn't be hard. Just write a message to one person and copy/paste it to others (through a ps app) that you will reinvite them. :/ That's how I did it, but I had over 80 friends.

7 hours ago, HONKER24 said:

I got the Boston Troll pivot 1f62c.png.

13 hours have passed so far with me stuck with it so I'm not sure if I'm going to make it. Will check tomorrow morning.

Fingers crossed for you dude. The amount of those pivots must be much higher I presume, cause there's no other way it would happen as often. If you did it properly then there's a chance you won't be the last person having it. I did share a photo a couple posts before your message of how all the lines should cross the glitched pivot. All credits go to Bigrake1.

• Like 2

@The-Smiths-85

It doesn't matter much as we near the end, but I still think the Boston troll is one...but, of course, I can't rule out a few more were set. It was a small group of players who placed the pivots. There's never been two players simultaneously reporting that they have it. (Anyone might say anything here at the end, however.) All things considered, the pivot hasn't been in too many player's games since this thread was started in 2018. It's just been passed around quickly here at the end, as expected, with the Sept 1 crush upon us, and since there is a method to extract it in roughly a day or so.

Inspired by your gamertag, I've been listening to The Smiths again. Very nostalgic, and sad. Time gone by....

Edited by bigrake1

I started doing the pivot "Hide and Seek" game this night around 8hr ago. Already prepared to have less than 50 friends and pivots appeared with no problem.
Fortunately didn't encounter the troll pivot. What's most important I want to share is the fact that further solidifies theory that pivots we need to find are the reflection of the pivots other players put on the map to search for the pivots. When I found all Boston pivots I immediately fast traveled to the south border of NY where You can enter frontier by foot to put my search pivot there.

To my astonishment I materialized exactly on the pivot. It is obvious that someone would put the search pivot exactly there as I thought.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HONKER24 said:

Update: Got the glitched/troll Boston pivot to switch out at hour 22 using the tips mentioned in this thread.

Nice work! Yes, I would think whoever inherits this pivot will likely be stuck with it, unfortunately. Depends when exactly on Sept 1 Ubisoft pulls the plug, and when the person discovers the pivot in his/her game and attempts to trigger its removal. If late on Sept 1 I think the next person can move it, if detected soon. 

Sometimes studios have announced they’ll close the server on day X and that doesn’t happen: “Zombie servers.” We’ll see what happens. The next person(s) shouldn’t give up. 

Edited by bigrake1
  • Like 1

Got this trophy earlier this morning. Didn't get this Epsilon pivot in Boston error or Kappa pivot in New York error, but the other error. I quit game during the pivot tutorial so I could back up save and when I got restarted game, got the dreaded undefined and 0 pivots error where the tutorial gets skipped and timer goes down/up but nothing appears ☹️

Thought I messed up coz game wouldn't load the pivots tutorial again and afraid that's what was causing pivots to not appear and had no idea what I was supposed to do lol eeek. Couldn't find any Youtube videos post campaign either that shows the game's pivot tutorial grrr.  

Those of u working on this, back up save during epilogue instead after credits roll or coz backing out during pivot tutorial won't restart it. Start pivots, wait until all are scanned, and if Kappa is in New York and Epsilon is in Boston, reload save coz u might have glitched ones.

Did not delete anyone and I have over 100 friends and logged off psn on xmb then relogged onto psn again while in pivots menu and got the psn error 2x where it kicks u offline without connecting u. 3rd time spamming the triangle on pivots menu finally got me connected and I got the whooosh sound upon getting on psn and connecting to ubi servers, and grabbed all the pivots in 1 session. 

Edit: and ubi just moved shutdown date to oct 1st! https://www.ubisoft.com/en-gb/help/gameplay/article/decommissioning-of-online-services-for-older-ubisoft-games-october-2022-update/000102396

Edited by oOMementoMoriOo
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, HSVDT_15 said:

You've got an extra month. I wont tell you what to do but to hell with your friends list. Delete that shit and get yourself a nice platinum trophy!

• Like 4

I would like to wish good luck to everyone and anyone who has yet to obtain head in the clouds now that an extra month has been added to its lifespan. Hopefully, you might get lucky like me and never experience a glitch with any of the Pivots. However, i did struggle for a bit in Boston trying to find a pivot on a rooftop.

• Like 2