bigrake1

Head in the Cloud Solution (Boston/NY)

238 posts in this topic

I would like to wish good luck to everyone and anyone who has yet to obtain head in the clouds now that an extra month has been added to its lifespan. Hopefully, you might get lucky like me and never experience a glitch with any of the Pivots. However, i did struggle for a bit in Boston trying to find a pivot on a rooftop.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

going to be a long month of suspense to see who gets the troll pivot on the day before the closure.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

11 hours ago, HSVDT_15 said:

It's ridiculous that it was never patched to be honest. Ah well, end of the day it's just a trophy. I won't lose too much sleep over it (eventually, this will burn for me a bit lmao)


I second @Afro_Gear’s sympathies. Unfriend those mates and go for it. If some of those 400 won’t accept you back over a tough situation like this, they probably don’t belong on your friend-list anyway. You have till Oct 1.

 

1 hour ago, Lordguwa said:

going to be a long month of suspense to see who gets the troll pivot on the day before the closure.


Ha. Grab the popcorn. Yes, players in this thread did a fantastic job helping one another to bounce the Boston troll. Kicking the can down the road every 10-24ish hours. Not bad. 
 

Edited by bigrake1
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, bigrake1 said:


I second @Afro_Gear’s sympathies. Unfriend those mates and go for it. If some of those 400 won’t accept you back over a tough situation like this, they probably don’t belong on your friend-list anyway. You have till Oct 1.

 


Ha. Grab the popcorn. Yes, players in this thread did a fantastic job helping one another to bounce the Boston troll. Kicking the can down the road every 10-24ish hours. Not bad. 
 

 

Thinking I'll try a couple more times testing other solutions, then bite the bullet and begin the purge! To be fair, a large chunk of my list are trophy hunters and people I used to race competitively with, so they won't be missed (except the trophy hunters!). 

 

The servers going for another month is fantastic as my friend who was doing Splinter Cell with me got a 30 day ban last week, so I was resigned to doing the co-op missions split screen!

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/31/2022 at 4:35 AM, The-Smiths-85 said:

I did share a photo a couple posts before your message of how all the lines should cross the glitched pivot.

Funny coincidence, but when I had the troll pivot I kept trying to find pictures or videos of how exactly to place my other pivots because the log out/log in method wasn't working (this was before I read deeper into this thread & realized I just needed to be more patient), but when I finally saw your post & compared our pivot placements they were literally almost an identical match. I'm talking like 99% if I would've took a screenshot and overlapped them. That's when I knew I wasn't doing anything wrong & just had to wait longer lol.

Edited by PlayLaughLogan
Spelling
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 31/08/2022 at 11:11 AM, Bushiken said:

I started doing the pivot "Hide and Seek" game this night around 8hr ago. Already prepared to have less than 50 friends and pivots appeared with no problem.
Fortunately didn't encounter the troll pivot. What's most important I want to share is the fact that further solidifies theory that pivots we need to find are the reflection of the pivots other players put on the map to search for the pivots. When I found all Boston pivots I immediately fast traveled to the south border of NY where You can enter frontier by foot to put my search pivot there.

To my astonishment I materialized exactly on the pivot. It is obvious that someone would put the search pivot exactly there as I thought.

Yes, that's true. When I was searching for the three pivots I initially had to find in Boston I've found one right BEHIND the Adam's Tavern. It was set on a small, wooden fence what now seems like a solution for the glitched one inside this building. At first I was happy that it wasn't inside but then realized there's another one close by - which obviously turned out to be the trolled one. So, I guess you get at least one additional pivot from the lot of 11 and the unobtainable one.

20 hours ago, bigrake1 said:


I second @Afro_Gear’s sympathies. Unfriend those mates and go for it. If some of those 400 won’t accept you back over a tough situation like this, they probably don’t belong on your friend-list anyway. You have till Oct 1.

 


Ha. Grab the popcorn. Yes, players in this thread did a fantastic job helping one another to bounce the Boston troll. Kicking the can down the road every 10-24ish hours. Not bad. 
 

I guess dear Bigrake1 your "mission" to help people in need of solving the trolled pivots problem isn't over then. :P People will most likely register their accounts especially for this thread.

I guess that's what connects us all here - a manually and mentally skill-based hobby to achieve some virtual trophies. :D

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, The-Smiths-85 said:

I guess dear Bigrake1 your "mission" to help people in need of solving the trolled pivots problem isn't over then. :P People will most likely register their accounts especially for this thread.

I guess that's what connects us all here - a manually and mentally skill-based hobby to achieve some virtual trophies. :D


Yes, indeed! I have made some new friends and enriched my own friend list through the process. A lot of helping hands here for a nasty troll. This is a super odd trophy-hunter situation…almost would make a good article in some magazine. As @BigBoyDonk aptly phrased it in his video, to survive you have to throw the next player under the bus. 😝 Crazy world we live in now. 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/24/2022 at 11:58 AM, bigrake1 said:

 

Erase any cloud storage and profile info. Be thorough. Root it all out. You have time to pull this off. Would be quite heroic, frankly. After you download the game, re-sync your trophies on PS3 with the PSN network before starting.

 

I was going to leave it but with the extension of the server shut down, I'm going to give it a go.

 

What do you suggest deleting then? I'll delete the game file, all saves, all cloud saves. What else?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@jonesey46  Any profile data associated with that game as well. All that will be restored once you log on and start playing again. You should be fine taking those steps. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, bigrake1 said:

@jonesey46  Any profile data associated with that game as well. All that will be restored once you log on and start playing again. You should be fine taking those steps. 

Sorry, what do you mean by profile data? It's been a while since I've had to anything like this on a PS3.

 

Isn't the profile data in the game saves folder?

Edited by jonesey46
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jonesey46 said:

Sorry, what do you mean by profile data? It's been a while since I've had to anything like this on a PS3.

 

Isn't the profile data in the game saves folder?


I believe so. It’s been awhile since I examined those features in regard to AC3 on PS3. Not all games, I believe, create profile data. If you don’t see it, then you’re good. My recommendation still stands to snoop in every folder for anything having to do with AC3 and delete it before downloading everything anew. I’m imagining once you download everything and the game’s patches you should be fine at this point. 
 

Before downloading anew, turn off your system fully. Then restart. 
 

Edited by bigrake1
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, bigrake1 said:


I believe so. It’s been awhile since I examined those features in regard to AC3 on PS3. Not all games, I believe, create profile data. If you don’t see it, then you’re good. My recommendation still stands to snoop in every folder for anything having to do with AC3 and delete it before downloading everything anew. I’m imagining once you download everything and the game’s patches you should be fine at this point. 
 

Before downloading anew, turn off your system fully. Then restart. 
 

Thanks mate. If this works I will buy you a pizza.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, bigrake1 said:


I believe so. It’s been awhile since I examined those features in regard to AC3 on PS3. Not all games, I believe, create profile data. If you don’t see it, then you’re good. My recommendation still stands to snoop in every folder for anything having to do with AC3 and delete it before downloading everything anew. I’m imagining once you download everything and the game’s patches you should be fine at this point. 
 

Before downloading anew, turn off your system fully. Then restart. 
 

I'm not convinced this is going to work. As a test I deleted the profile data and loaded up my old save offline. On the pivot menu I was starting from scratch with 3 pivots, when I signed in it said "connecting to ubisoft server" and once it connected they all loaded back in. I even got the little voice clip that plays "Vegas baby" again but no trophy. 

 

I'm convinced it's all stored server side so no amount of deleting is going to solve my problem.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jonesey46 said:

I'm not convinced this is going to work. As a test I deleted the profile data and loaded up my old save offline. On the pivot menu I was starting from scratch with 3 pivots, when I signed in it said "connecting to ubisoft server" and once it connected they all loaded back in. I even got the little voice clip that plays "Vegas baby" again but no trophy. 

 

I'm convinced it's all stored server side so no amount of deleting is going to solve my problem.


That’s crazy. And there’s no way to counter them?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bigrake1 said:


That’s crazy. And there’s no way to counter them?

None. As soon as I connect to the internet it just loads them all back in. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, jonesey46 said:

None. As soon as I connect to the internet it just loads them all back in. 


I guess on the PS3 there’s no way to deal me in so I can see what’s happening. I’ve never heard of this one before. Do you live near South Carolina? Lol

 

Perhaps send me a friend request and we can get into comms and work this puzzle out. 

 

Edited by bigrake1
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2.09.2022 at 6:42 PM, jonesey46 said:

I'm not convinced this is going to work. As a test I deleted the profile data and loaded up my old save offline. On the pivot menu I was starting from scratch with 3 pivots, when I signed in it said "connecting to ubisoft server" and once it connected they all loaded back in. I even got the little voice clip that plays "Vegas baby" again but no trophy. 

 

I'm convinced it's all stored server side so no amount of deleting is going to solve my problem.

Did you try changing your Uplay account? I've read that it helped gamers who couldn't even start this minigame because pivots didn't appear on pivots' map at all. Maybe it will help your case. It's worth trying.

 

First of all, create new Uplay account. Some gamers had to name it exactly the same as their main PSN accounts. If you're currently using such account, create one with similar name. Now you need to "log off" from the Uplay account you're already using (for this game). Create or log into your second profile on PS3 console, start the game there and use the same Uplay account you're using on your main profile. This should disconnect you from the current Uplay account. Now log out, log in your main profile, start ACIII and this time log into your newly created Uplay account. After you load your save, try the method with re-signing into your PSN account while you're in "real-time" in the game, not in any in-game menu. I would also try signing in through the game, not XrossMediaBar.

 

Hopefully this method would reset the pivots minigame.

 

If it wouldn't work, try the re-signing in method a few times. Good luck!

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, The-Smiths-85 said:

Did you try changing your Uplay account? I've read that it helped gamers who couldn't even start this minigame because pivots didn't appear on pivots' map at all. Maybe it will help your case. It's worth trying.

 

First of all, create new Uplay account. Some gamers had to name it exactly the same as their main PSN accounts. If you're currently using such account, create one with similar name. Now you need to "log off" from the Uplay account you're already using (for this game). Create or log into your second profile on PS3 console, start the game there and use the same Uplay account you're using on your main profile. This should disconnect you from the current Uplay account. Now log out, log in your main profile, start ACIII and this time log into your newly created Uplay account. After you load your save, try the method with re-signing into your PSN account while you're in "real-time" in the game, not in any in-game menu. I would also try signing in through the game, not XrossMediaBar.

 

Hopefully this method would reset the pivots minigame.

 

If it wouldn't work, try the re-signing in method a few times. Good luck!

Thanks for the suggestion but when trying to log in to my uplay account on my alt PS3 account it gives me an error saying the server is unavailable. My guess is that it's because uplay is no longer. I really wanted this to work! 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jhante_Brown said:

What is a troll pivot?


A pivot placed by another gamer in an inaccessible location. It’s not a glitch. To screw over gamers who seek to complete the pivot mini-game. See above. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bigrake1 said:


A pivot placed by another gamer in an inaccessible location. It’s not a glitch. To screw over gamers who seek to complete the pivot mini-game. See above. 

Thank you for your reply. I think that is so cruel of people to do something like that. I am hunting trophies for this game. Could you please give me any advise or work around for this issue when I start tackling head in the cloud trophy please? Thanks in advance.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

on page 1. there's a listing on how to fix the problem. after you put your pivots around the problem pivot. you do x things and hope that it migrates to someone else's game when it re-synchronizes. 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Lordguwa said:

on page 1. there's a listing on how to fix the problem. after you put your pivots around the problem pivot. you do x things and hope that it migrates to someone else's game when it re-synchronizes. 

I'm grateful for your time. I shall closely go through the thread. Thank you very much.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jhante_Brown said:

Could you please give me any advise or work around for this issue when I start tackling head in the cloud trophy please?


There is no avoidance workaround. There is a very small, unavoidable chance your game will be the recipient of one of the last remaining troll pivots.
 

However, if you find one of the two remaining trolls in your game, take the steps in this thread to bounce it to another player’s game. This thread exists because the process works. You just need to have patience as the troll needs to land in the game of someone actively playing the pivot mini-game, and that usually takes 0-4 days. As @Lordguwa notes, you’ll log on some day and find it’s re-synchronized to someone else’s game. Patience is the toughest part of the fix. 

 

Edited by bigrake1
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/9/2022 at 8:23 AM, bigrake1 said:


There is no avoidance workaround. There is a very small, unavoidable chance your game will be the recipient of one of the last remaining troll pivots.
 

However, if you find one of the two remaining trolls in your game, take the steps in this thread to bounce it to another player’s game. This thread exists because the process works. You just need to have patience as the troll needs to land in the game of someone actively playing the pivot mini-game, and that usually takes 0-4 days. As @Lordguwa notes, you’ll log on some day and find it’s re-synchronized to someone else’s game. Patience is the toughest part of the fix. 

 

That sounds very luck based and random. I am really grateful for your time and the explanation. I am quite nervous, I hope I am able to complete the pivot trophy on time before the servers close..

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.