bigrake1

Head in the Cloud Solution (Boston/NY)

238 posts in this topic

This is so painful. Got it inside a building. 11h and did not change it's location. I hope it will, not much time left and it is last online trophy to do for me. My luck....

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, MisioMysio123 said:

This is so painful. Got it inside a building. 11h and did not change it's location. I hope it will, not much time left and it is last online trophy to do for me. My luck....


You have plenty of time. Having that move in 11 hours would be remarkable. Highly unlikely you’ll get stuck with this. You’ll log on soon, probably after at least a day, and get an update it’s moved. 
 

Edited by bigrake1
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got it today.

Before that, I was doing everything what was described in this topic but nothing worked, no "forced re-synchronization" for pivot.

Resigned, I left pivots around that stuck one and went to bed yesterday. Today morning I have checked it, stuck one still on it's place but two other which I left disappeared. I was able to place them again, they were not on a map but at my stock.

So again left a game. Checked it in 2-3 hours again. No changes at all, it was 23 hours after stuck pivot was discovered. Left game again and again checked it after another 2-3 hours. This time stuck pivot was discovered seconds ago, appeared in Frontier. Found it without issues and got trophy.

 

My thoughts about this issue. Is method to place pivots around stuck one working, force re-synchronization ? Honestly, I doubt. I am more convinced that pivots are resetting their positions after some time since they were first discovered and/or specific time of a day. Of course I have nothing to proof any. However, situation when two pivots which I placed have disappeared, makes me believe they were actually reset but since those were already discovered by me they were just put in my stock.

 

Anyway, if you reading this and you have same problem as I did. Do not give up, just wait more than 24 hours and check if problematic pivot reset it's position.

However it that method somehow helps, then thank you everyone who participated in this topic. I was resigned at some point but never lost hope that I will achieve this trophy.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, MisioMysio123 said:

I am more convinced that pivots are resetting their positions after some time since they were first discovered and/or specific time of a day. Of course I have nothing to proof any.


We’ve had people do nothing and the pivot remains stuck in the game. There’s no 24 hour clock auto-reset because people in this forum have been averaging 0-4 days after setting up the move (and sometimes longer depending on how active AC3 is!) I was marching on 3 days in my own game. After you did the initial removal procedure as you described, you had already set the triggers that would fire the pivot into another person’s game: The pivot needs to find an open pivot game to land in. There was nothing else you needed to do. The waiting period always gives people doubts, but that’s the way it is, because no one wants a broken plat after all the work this game requires. But there are unknowns here for sure, as you noted, for some mess in the game’s coding allows for this exploit. But we are glad your pivot has moved!

 

Edited by bigrake1
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just started this trophy today and the first pivot after the tutorial was the glitched one in the house in Boston. After reading a bit from this thread, my question is:

If these are actually pivots placed by other players, does it mean that someone went out of bounds to place the glitched pivot there? If so, why isn't this clipping glitch known? Is it worthwhile to search around the place, trying to clip into the terrain and reach the pivot from out of bounds? 

 

Edit: after 2 days of performing this trick my glitched pivot in Boston moved to the Frontier, although I'm not convinced of the method. The last thing I did before turning off my console yesterday was to place only 9 pivots (instead of 11) around the glitched one, so at the very least you don't need all of the rest for this to work.

Also, something that might be notable, I turned off the console right after logging out from the PSN, so without reconnecting to the Ubisoft server before turning off. The morning after, the pivot had moved. 

 

Either way, this was so stupid. This has to be one of the stupidest trophies I've ever earned and no one should feel bad for not having this platinum, which now has zero value to me, because of this. 

Edited by Hush_wu
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello, the pivots that are moving are those I put around the problematic one in the map, Am I just unlucky or the Kappa will move too eventually? I have all of them excepted Kappa. 
 

EDIT: Each time I have a pivot removed I put it back around the Kappa, should I keep going or let all of them be removed ?

Edited by hugoboss41
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, hugoboss41 said:

Hello, the pivots that are moving are those I put around the problematic one in the map, Am I just unlucky or the Kappa will move too eventually? I have all of them excepted Kappa. 
 

EDIT: Each time I have a pivot removed I put it back around the Kappa, should I keep going or let all of them be removed ?

After positioning your pivots around the problematic one, you have to log out of the PSN and then when you reconnect, hopefully it will be moved, but as everyone here has already said, it seems like it takes time. It took 2 days for me.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for you answer, I’ve been trying this since only yesterday, I guess I’ll just have to wait and pray. I hope I placed them correctly though 😓

 

EDIT: The pivot moved, it’s finally over, the trick really works, you just have to wait, what a mess it was. Thanks everyone for the tips and the help ! That trophy wasn’t satisfying to get when you know that you sent that thing to someone else. 

Edited by hugoboss41
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Afro_Gear said:

 

Why? Overcoming great adversity should bring satisfaction and accomplishment. Revel in your success and one day you can regale your children with the stories of your momentous victory!

 

i can agree with this. can tell them about the tale of that glitched pivot in assassin creed 3 and how you managed to get it.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/26/2022 at 1:50 PM, Hush_wu said:

f these are actually pivots placed by other players, does it mean that someone went out of bounds to place the glitched pivot there? If so, why isn't this clipping glitch known? Is it worthwhile to search around the place, trying to clip into the terrain and reach the pivot from out of bounds? 


Yes, the clipping glitch is known. It’s actually formally addressed in the patch notes for the game. Yes, you can still clip into the map.*
 

For instance, version 1.03 “Removed the ability to hide pivots during pass-throughs and cinematics,” which is how the NY troll pivot was currently placed. The patches also addressed preventing pivots from being placed outside the playable area, but a group was still able to find an exploit to place the Boston pivot and others that were never able to be collected. (Some were placed high in the sky, for instance.)

 

As I’ve indicated many times, these pivots were placed in inaccessible areas by other players. The solution is to avoid ever allowing players to put objects in other player’s games, and then make a trophy dependent on their removal. Bad idea.

 

*I remember when Bungie proudly announced that the Wretched Eye strike’s boss couldn’t be cheesed in Destiny. It was released as the Nightfall strike when the Rise of Iron DLC went live. Devs made a big deal about having play-tested the strike and having studied carefully the boss arena’s geometry for cheese spots. They were confident players would have to defeat the boss "as intended." Players immediately found cheese spots. Yes, it’s still possible to clip into the map in AC3 despite good patches, but I’ve not shared that information to avoid having additional troll pivots added to the pool. 

 

Edited by bigrake1
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, damn it! 😂

 

After my attempt with no issues whatsover in July, I wanted to help my friend, as she got sick and would not make it before the deadline and so she gave me her PS3 today. She was at the end of sequence 6, so I speedran the game to the end (took me 2hrs) and then it was time for the pivots. I was aware of the glitches, but was optimistic, because my run went flawless.

 

And then it happened. I got the exact Boston pivot, all of you were describing on this thread :/ I've collected the other pivots just fine, but really struggled with that one. I've tried all the methods described here and only time will tell if I can make it.

 

I was thinking if there is maybe an out of bounds glitch. Maybe replaying a specific mission with the tavern window available would work? 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Your passing the buck will depend on when Ubisoft pulls the plug. I wrote last time that companies sometimes don’t exactly meet their posted times to deactivate a server. Sometimes they linger on for days or weeks after the announced

termination date before closure (zombie servers). And then Ubisoft granted a one-month stay of execution. There is a chance you might bounce this today in the final flurry as many may try their luck at the pivot mini-game. Or you could, as you are well-aware, have drawn the short stick here, I’m afraid. 
 

Edited by bigrake1
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, bigrake1 said:

Your passing the buck will depend on when Ubisoft pulls the plug. I wrote last time that companies sometimes don’t exactly meet their posted times to deactivate a server. Sometimes they linger on for days or weeks after the announced

termination date before closure (zombie servers). And then Ubisoft granted a one-month stay of execution. There is a chance you might bounce this today in the final flurry as many may try their luck at the pivot mini-game. Or you could, as you are well-aware, have drawn the short stick here, I’m afraid. 
 

Yeah... As far as I could see, they did not say the exact time, when they'll pull out the plug. It's often somewhere around 12pm/am of one of the US times, speaking from experience.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

4 hours ago, Sebulba2000 said:

Yeah... As far as I could see, they did not say the exact time, when they'll pull out the plug. It's often somewhere around 12pm/am of one of the US times, speaking from experience.

I had a sudden surge of motivation yesterday night, and finished the story and managed to get Head in the cloud. 

I nearly gave up at first with the size of the map and how large the areas to find the pivots were, but I made it. Had me awake until 6 am though, I'm glad it's over. I didn't want to risk waking up and seeing that the servers were shutdown, so close to the finish line.

Surprisingly I didn't encounter any bugs or problems with the pivots, despite having way more than 50 friends.  

Edited by PapyChampy
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As of today, this trophy is no longer possible. bigrake1, thank you so much for all your help with this thread and the amount of people you have supported getting this trophy.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Managed to unlock the trophy roughly 10 minutes ago. Not sure what time the servers are going down but still possible at this present moment.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Morphiar said:

Managed to unlock the trophy roughly 10 minutes ago. Not sure what time the servers are going down but still possible at this present moment.


Hmm, maybe they’re waiting until exactly midnight tonight if that’s the case?🤨

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Lil-Gameboy123 said:


Hmm, maybe they’re waiting until exactly midnight tonight if that’s the case?🤨

Depends which midnight. They are a French company, but maybe they'll use one of the US times lol. Nevertheless, I'm still trying lol

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Sebulba2000 said:

Depends which midnight. They are a French company, but maybe they'll use one of the US times lol. Nevertheless, I'm still trying lol

 

I hope you'll get it 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, hugoboss41 said:

 

I hope you'll get it 

Yeah, hopefully lol

 

Thanks for the faith

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Morphiar said:

Managed to unlock the trophy roughly 10 minutes ago. Not sure what time the servers are going down but still possible at this present moment.

For those starting the game, consider the platinum unobtainable at this point. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The last Ubisoft closure was 8 years (2014) and it was Avatar with a few others. The server went off at 6am UTC the next day. Suggesting this will be the same. But as its a weekend, there may well not be any staff around to switch them off. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just got the trophy because they are late and all the advice on this forum. Truly thank you and thank the assassin gods that someone at ubisoft is not doing their job

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, rueknight said:

I just got the trophy because they are late and all the advice on this forum. Truly thank you and thank the assassin gods that someone at ubisoft is not doing their job

Congrats man! But 🤫. You’ll jinx us all lol.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.