Hype Train Take 2?

Bojuka76

NMS expectations  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Think jumping back on the NMS bandwagon is worthwhile, or more snake oil?

• This is going to be amazing! Hype Train all the way
    • I'm looking forward, but skeptical
    • Meh
    • NMS has let me down plenty in the past, it most likely will now
    • Snake Oil

Recently added the the No Man's Sky webpage was an article about the addition of multiplayer via the NEXT update. From my point of view this looks like it'll be pretty sweet, but I'm curious what other NMS players are thinking. I never got hooked into the original hype when the game first came out, so I didn't have to go through the loss that was broken promises. Hopefully it's done well, guess we won't know till July 24th!

• Like 1

MP doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me in the context of NMS. The design of a large universe is incompatible with it (having billions of planets to explore doesn't work well if you're also hoping to find one of a million players who are also exploring); adding MP seems to close off that universe.

I don't see any reason to get super hyped about this, and this is without considering the fiasco that NMS has already endured (or, if you prefer, created).

• Like 2

I bought a copy of the game a while back for about $20 but haven't touched it since every time I want to, a new update rolls out. So I've decided to hold it off indefinitely till they stop updating it. So you can say I am slightly excited since who would refuse free content? 

I wouldn't get hyped about this game.  A lot of people have been disappointed that way.

I picked it up fairly cheap, knowing that a lot of people disliked the game.  Coming at it with those expectations, I really enjoyed it.  If they release another update, I'll check it out.  But, I'm not interested in buying into any hype on this.

I'm a person who wasn't interested at all before the game was released. Actually, I didn't know too much about this title back then. And when a couple of months ago I watched trailers I thought that people should feel tricked about promises authors gave them. However, I bought this game half a year ago and I wasn't expecting anything. And this game was SO PERFECT FOR ME, geez! I'm eager to play more but there's so many awesome games on PS4... Therefore I hope there'll be some new trophies to have the motivation to go back as soon as possible. ;D

The devs shouldn't have lied, however, it was consumers that fueled it. I was saying that shit before the game was released. I knew it was an indie game. Always be wary of hype unless you know for sure, a solid definite, that it'll be a blockbuster ala Dad of Boy.

I was excited to play NMS before release, was never surprised by the outcome after release, and yet I'm still just as excited to play it. It's just one of many games I have yet to get to.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...