H1Z1: Battle Royale

iLL-Mortick

43 minutes ago, iLL-Mortick said:

I preordered this few days ago and will be out in less than 5 hours and still have not seen this game's trophy list or even game listed here?

Does anyone know if there even is a list?

Sometimes trophy lists get released weeks early (like what happened with Vampyr recently, for example) but sometimes trophy list aren't being released until a few hours or even minutes before (or after) the game's release. I think you can expect to see a list very soon.

Edited by Lucas
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, supertrunksman said:

I was under the impression that this is the real launch, not a beta starting tomorrow?

Open beta was last week, no?

When I preordered they didn't say anything about beta, so if that's the case it's false advertising?

25 minutes ago, iLL-Mortick said:

When I preordered they didn't say anything about beta, so if that's the case it's false advertising?

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing.  I couldn't remember 100%, but I was pretty sure that pre-order pack said nothing about it being for a beta.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, supertrunksman said:

I was under the impression that this is the real launch, not a beta starting tomorrow?

Open beta was last week, no?

H1Z1 is still an open beta, it's been in beta since the project first started in 2016. Even if it is considered a full launch, expect it to be broken as it is very glitchy on pc

6 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

H1Z1 is still an open beta, it's been in beta since the project first started in 2016. Even if it is considered a full launch, expect it to be broken as it is very glitchy on pc

Delivering a broken game on PC is pretty common, tho I haven't experienced broken games at launch on PS4 - except for beta/alpha access games.

21 minutes ago, iLL-Mortick said:

Delivering a broken game on PC is pretty common, tho I haven't experienced broken games at launch on PS4 - except for beta/alpha access games.

That's usually because they've been ported from the console release. This is being ported from the pc version, so should at least be wary

H1Z1 on PS4 is an open beta and the game is F2P. The version you could 'buy' just gives you some extra cosmetics and some XP boosts I think. But as from when it launches on the PS4, it's going to be free for everyone from day one. It's just not at v 1.0 yet. So technically a beta. Even fortnight lists itself as a beta because it's constantly being improved. Maybe they don't have to pay for every patch if it's a 'beta' on a console or something?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, turniplord said:

H1Z1 on PS4 is an open beta and the game is F2P. The version you could 'buy' just gives you some extra cosmetics and some XP boosts I think. But as from when it launches on the PS4, it's going to be free for everyone from day one. It's just not at v 1.0 yet. So technically a beta. Even fortnight lists itself as a beta because it's constantly being improved. Maybe they don't have to pay for every patch if it's a 'beta' on a console or something?

Found a extremely useful link: https://www.h1z1.com/news/ps4-open-beta-launch-schedule-faq

I regret not finding this before preordering. 

But in the preorder bundle it did not say anything about it being open beta or even free to play, so would that not be false advertising? If so, can I complain to Sony and get my money back?

3 minutes ago, iLL-Mortick said:

Found a extremely useful link: https://www.h1z1.com/news/ps4-open-beta-launch-schedule-faq

I regret not finding this before preordering. 

But in the preorder bundle it did not say anything about it being open beta or even free to play, so would that not be false advertising? If so, can I complain to Sony and get my money back?

Unlikely, all sales are final on the ps store. I'm looking at the preorder and it doesn't include the game, if you look at the description, the bundle only includes cosmetic items and some crates

Gear up with the H1Z1: Nemesis Pre-Order Bundle. This bundle includes:
Animated Mayhem AR-15
Nemesis Offroader
Nemesis Jacket
Nemesis Pants
Nemesis Helmet
H1Z1 Parachute
Power Pose Emote
H1Z1 PSN Theme
5 Chaos Crates
5 Arsenal Crates

Edited by SnowxSakura

Just now, SnowxSakura said:

Unlikely, all sales are final on the ps store. I'm looking at the preorder and it doesn't include the game, if you look at the description, the bundle only includes cosmetic items and some crates

There's been several cases where Sony has been giving refunds - the example I know of is No Man's Sky, gamers I know was refunded after saying the game was not like advertised. 

Unfortunately for me at the time, I did not know you could do this and waited too long and missed my chance at a refund. (There was something about if you hadn't launched the game, you could get a refund aswell I heard)

Yeah, I don't mind the game is f2p, I'm just annoyed that this was not mentioned or the fact that it's an open beta ;s 

22 minutes ago, iLL-Mortick said:

There's been several cases where Sony has been giving refunds - the example I know of is No Man's Sky, gamers I know was refunded after saying the game was not like advertised. 

Unfortunately for me at the time, I did not know you could do this and waited too long and missed my chance at a refund. (There was something about if you hadn't launched the game, you could get a refund aswell I heard)

Yeah, I don't mind the game is f2p, I'm just annoyed that this was not mentioned or the fact that it's an open beta ;s 

The description of the game Says it's going F2p here in the UK and in EU countries. I did notice that our prices have been bumped up more than the US cost though, which is a bit strange. A 30 dollar item should be about £27 but it's £33 - it's like they have done the conversion backwards and gave the US our price and us the US price.

All the advertisements for the game and news articles have stated it was an open beta - I ran one on our website as well. But I do agree, they haven't put all the info on the US store as it's missing the description and that key info - so you could easily get a refund if you call them before you play it. We couldn't over here because it states it in the description

12 minutes ago, turniplord said:

The description of the game Says it's going F2p here in the UK and in EU countries. I did notice that our prices have been bumped up more than the US cost though, which is a bit strange. A 30 dollar item should be about £27 but it's £33 - it's like they have done the conversion backwards and gave the US our price and us the US price.

All the advertisements for the game and news articles have stated it was an open beta - I ran one on our website as well. But I do agree, they haven't put all the info on the US store as it's missing the description and that key info - so you could easily get a refund if you call them before you play it. We couldn't over here because it states it in the description

I did not even get up the core game, only the bundle. 

Even 5 minutes before it dropped, I seaeched for H1Z1 on PS Store and the only thing there was this bundle, with no such info as f2p or beta :/ (EU/Norway)

4 minutes ago, iLL-Mortick said:

I did not even get up the core game, only the bundle. 

Even 5 minutes before it dropped, I seaeched for H1Z1 on PS Store and the only thing there was this bundle, with no such info as f2p or beta :/ (EU/Norway)

Yeah, it didn't go live until 00:01 here in the UK. F2P titles don't usually appear early. It's on there now though - just appeared for me

Edited by turniplord

1 hour ago, iLL-Mortick said:

But in the preorder bundle it did not say anything about it being open beta or even free to play, so would that not be false advertising?

It also doesn't say anything about it being a game at all. It literally only mentions skins and bonuses since it has nothing to do with the game outside of that. I'd chalk this one up to being an uninformed consumer, cut my losses, and be a little more careful next time. The fact that it's f2p and still in beta are pretty readily available info.

I was very exited to see the list until I didn't see H1Z1 on the list of newly added trophy lists.

After that I realized that just like with every goddamn game nowadays, it first has to go through (x) months of early access / open beta until it fully launches.

*Stares at Paragon and Gwent*

32 minutes ago, supertrunksman said:

Saddens me.  I've never played a battle royale game but really want to.  I'd try out fortnite, but having 0 trophies has held me back.  Was only looking forward to H1Z1 because I assumed it would have trophies.  Oh well, guess I'll wait for CoD: BO4 Battle Royale.

I advise you to try out Fortnite BR even if it has no trophies for that mode. It is unlike anything you have ever played before, especially if you have never tried a Battle Royale game.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, eloxx said:

I advise you to try out Fortnite BR even if it has no trophies for that mode. It is unlike anything you have ever played before, especially if you have never tried a Battle Royale game.

what this man said ^^

13 hours ago, supertrunksman said:

Saddens me.  I've never played a battle royale game but really want to.  I'd try out fortnite, but having 0 trophies has held me back.  Was only looking forward to H1Z1 because I assumed it would have trophies.  Oh well, guess I'll wait for CoD: BO4 Battle Royale.

Believe me you dont need to play fortnite. Its as shallow as all the other battle royale games. Fortnite is basically PUBG with building. They both suck. Though i still play it cause my friends are children.

On 5/22/2018 at 8:25 AM, iLL-Mortick said:

I would definitely send Sony an email. I've had a refund in the past with no issues for a misleading store purchase. It was also content I had installed and launched, so I don't know about that.

• Like 2