Defender of Humanity

Matrim_Drasgen

You must complete at least one mission as part of a "defend" event (i.e. on a capital city planet). And our defense of that planet must then be successful. If the defense does fail, a new one will start immediately, until we do win. You've got to complete a mission in the city where we hold 'em.

There have been reports from people who did not have the trophy pop until they went to the armory screen, sometimes not even until closing and reopening Helldivers and going to the armory screen again.

Be alert to times when we're attacking two homeworlds at once; a defend event will start immediately when a homeworld invasion fails, so this is a good sign that a chance might be coming up.

As stated above, going to the armory on the left side of the ship hub is a good way to get it to unlock. For me, it unlocked when loading the game during a unique cutscene.

Well, I finally got it. I know what I was doing wrong, wasnt playing one of the special missions that show up when the capital is under attack. I went to a multiplayer and joined someone who access because when I went to my own map, I never had the option for the capital. So not sure where I was suppose to go.

• 3 years later...
On 27. 5. 2018 at 3:01 AM, Matrim_Drasgen said:

Well, I finally got it. I know what I was doing wrong, wasnt playing one of the special missions that show up when the capital is under attack. I went to a multiplayer and joined someone who access because when I went to my own map, I never had the option for the capital. So not sure where I was suppose to go.

When defensive event starts, there is a special planet above all others in that region, which is under attack. You must choose the right region with little red exclamation mark near the name of the region, and then when you are choosing from planets 1 - 15 (+boss planet), there is actually one more, new planet above all of them, somewhere in the middle of them. Also with little exclamation mark. 

Matrim you probably got it already, just responding for future platiners.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...