What Gaming Companies Do You Dislike and Why?

Nexuds121

I put up a thread about Every company and there shitty games over these years. I look at youtube and some people make very good points about every company and there making bad games as such. Some people were furious and i'm with them. 

What do think of every/any company games are good or bad games? Post it here.

Edited by Nexuds121
  • Like 1

You are kinda late to the party sir ?

Some of the games published by EA are pretty descent and I personally enjoyed them (both latest Need for Speed games, both Battlefronts, and Andromeda). They weren't mind blowing and definitely could be better but I'm happy that I spent time on them.

As for BF2...well, simply put - poor business decision...that's pretty much it. They got backlashed and I believe it's a good thing for the whole industry. I think hating the whole company is a bit extreme.

p.s.: I didn't mind these pay2win microtransactions in Battlefront 2 at all, heck...I love being an underdog in multiplayer games :awesome:

• Like 4

I find it funny that people say that EA games are "bad" actually they make good games still, but they just have shitty business practices. Honestly the micro transactions people always bitch about makes no sense to me. You can play and enjoy the games without paying extra. But I will say it's been a while since they have had a truly great game. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, MMDE said:

EA games can suck my balls. E can suck my left, A can suck my right, or reverse, whatever they feel like.

If you see EA on the cover of a game, you know it will suck balls. I don't hire hookers, I got a wife that can please me. :) 

Just curious... if your wife can please you....why would you want EA to suck on your balls? ?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, SnowyWhiteFox777 said:

Just curious... if your wife can please you....why would you want EA to suck on your balls? 1f627.png

I don't. I usually don't buy EA games. If I see EA on the cover, I'm extremely cautious about buying the game. Anyway, it's a reference to pure pwnage.

Edited by MMDE

58 minutes ago, Skadoki said:

You are kinda late to the party sir 1f914.png

Some of the games published by EA are pretty descent and I personally enjoyed them (both latest Need for Speed games, both Battlefronts, and Andromeda). They weren't mind blowing and definitely could be better but I'm happy that I spent time on them.

As for BF2...well, simply put - poor business decision...that's pretty much it. They got backlashed and I believe it's a good thing for the whole industry. I think hating the whole company is a bit extreme.

p.s.: I didn't mind these pay2win microtransactions in Battlefront 2 at all, heck...I love being an underdog in multiplayer games :awesome:

Nope. I'm not.

21 minutes ago, MMDE said:

EA games can suck my balls. E can suck my left, A can suck my right, or reverse, whatever they feel like.

If you see EA on the cover of a game, you know it will suck balls. I don't hire hookers, I got a wife that can please me. :) 

As for microtransactions. When I was younger, you paid for expansion packs, massive packs of new content, that would extend on an already complete package. Microtransactions would be the button input cheats that they now take money for. The problem with them is that they revolve the games around them, so you will feel the need to pay them more. Sure, you usually don't need to, but they will usually change/design the gameplay to make you want to do so.

Hahahaha. Hilarious.

Everyone hates EA, welcome to the exclusive club called Everyone.

Realistically, there's worse things in the world than EA. Considering all the shit they've pumped out over the years, published, developed, or otherwise, Dead Space, Mirror's Edge, Battlefield, their 007 games, Titanfall, Need for Speed, The Sims, BURNOUT (!!!), Rock Band, and so on... I mean, for every stupid dumb thing they've done, they've probably made a solid 3 or 4 kickass games. Also the early PS2 era Harry Potter games were legit.

EA does a lot of stupid shit. We know this. They've also had a hand in more amazing games and series than almost any other company and blindly hating them does absolutely nothing if you still buy their games every year. Vote with your wallet.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, MMDE said:

As for microtransactions. When I was younger, you paid for expansion packs, massive packs of new content, that would extend on an already complete package. Microtransactions would be the button input cheats that they now take money for. The problem with them is that they revolve the games around them, so you will feel the need to pay them more. Sure, you usually don't need to, but they will usually change/design the gameplay to make you want to do so.

Never once has a game felt like they revolved around micro transactions or at least the ones I have played. I by no means love EA at all and wished that all content was free like it use to be but that's never going to happen. You can avoid them if you want Idc but the hate people have is kinda ridiculous since a lot of companies do the same crap or worse then ea does. 

You could of made this topic back in 2012 and it would still be generating replies and views.

I've known EA to be full of shit since the mid - late 2000s. Looks like in over a decade they really haven't changed all that much.

They buy up developer companies, they butcher them, they release a shitty product of a series that the company who had them before made far superior, they made their employees work overtime on countless occasions, they lie about their plans, etc etc etc. There's an entire spreadsheet of EA's track record on the internet, all you have to do is Google search that and you'll find it.

Since EA killed Westwood Studios and Maxis Studios, I have been extremely skeptical of games that have the EA label slapped on them.

The ending of the Dead Space series and the terrible reception EA got on Star Wars Battlefront II just further proves my point. They're a shitty company from California looking to make sheer profit at the cost of integrity.

Konami is counted as well. They are all cowards. Fleeing off one sinking ship to the next.

2 minutes ago, Spaz said:

You could of made this topic back in 2012 and it would still be generating replies and views.

I've known EA to be full of shit since the mid - late 2000s. Looks like in over a decade they really haven't changed all that much.

They buy up developer companies, they butcher them, they release a shitty product of a series that the company who had them before made far superior, they made their employees work overtime on countless occasions, they lie about their plans, etc etc etc. There's an entire spreadsheet of EA's track record on the internet, all you have to do is Google search that and you'll find it.

Since EA killed Westwood Studios and Maxis Studios, I have been extremely skeptical of games that have the EA label slapped on them.

The ending of the Dead Space series and the terrible reception EA got on Star Wars Battlefront II just further proves my point. They're a shitty company from California looking to make sheer profit at the cost of integrity.

What title should I change it into?

3 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Wah wah wah.

First it was EA, then Activision, then Konami, then EA, then Ubisoft, then Square, then EA again, then Activision again, then EA, then Konami....

The “this company sucks” brigade have been spewing impotent rage into the gaping maw of the internet since it’s inception, and into the general gaming industry sphere since long before that.

It means nothing - players of games bleat on endlessly about ‘boycotting’ companies, then scurry out to buy the latest game, grumbling and muttering the entire time.

The conversation is endless, an ever repeating echo chamber of opinion and noise, but it means nothing.

If it actually led to any meaningful change in sales and profits, then the companies would change, but it doesn’t - and the way that we know it doesn’t is that those companies are still there, and still making games. (Well, Konami not so much, but that seems to be by choice!)

They are in the business of making money, and they will do what they need to do to achieve that - sometimes that will result in great games, and that’s good for us, and sometimes it means new revenue generation methods and hat’s bad and the internet starts mewling, but to try and argue that the companies’ primary focus should be on our enjoyment is foolish and naive.

They are companies with shareholders and quarterly targets. They care primarily about revenue generation, and ensuring the continued employment of their personnel. The enjoyment little Billy-gamer gets is of some concern, but the contents of his wallet is of a lot more, and if skeezy business practices will get more of the contents of it into their coffers than making better games will, then that is what they will do.

The publishers know what people will spend money on. They have the data - and know full well that general negative conversation does not translate to reduced profits.

If you don’t like a game, or like the look of a game, don’t but it. I applaude that -  but lets not pretend that highlighting non-consumer-friendly practices will change anything.

Lets not pretend general game-buying public had any kind of long-term memory, or conviction, or principles.

If Anthem comes along and is fantastic, loads of folks will buy it. Sure, a vocal contingent will probably still jump online and bitch and moan about micro-transactions or pay-to-win or season passes or whatever the complaint-du-jour is, but they will still buy it. A fair number will probably buy whatever micro-transaction bullshit they are complaining about as well. 

Hell - if Konami brought out a great new Castlevania or re-started Silent Hills or something, all that Fukonami nonsense would be forgiven. 

These companies know that. They know that gamer’s opinion is both over-exaggerated and temporary, and they also know that the popularity bandwagon is a foolish thing to try and ride, because no matter how many years of positive feeling they get from it, as soon as one game goes sideways it will be forgotten in a screaming churn of hysterical hate.

So why should they care?

Play the games you want to play, buy what you want to buy, and - I guess -  complain about what you want to complain about - but don’t expect anything to change.

Well yeah, this is pretty common sense that any sensible adult on this website should know by now.

But coming from experience I have been criticized and lambasted by saying I don't like Nintendo as much as I used to. I would go as far as to say I hate Nintendo for some of the things they've done over the past decade.

Once I say that a hoard of Nintendo fanboys jump at my throat and say my opinion has no credibility, I'm just an angry old man, and all sorts of pointless accusations.

You can say CD Projekt Red, famous for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, sucks or that you don't like them and you're likely to get the same kind of reactions from fanboys who fail to see that their favored company, like anything else in society, is flawed and not perfect.

I've said a thousand times I don't like EA and Activision on various forums and a lot of people agree with me. Those two companies when combined with the words "hate", "sucks" and "dislike" pretty much go hand in hand.

But then I just see a bunch of people hating on both companies because it's the popular, hip thing to do. Because everyone else has done the same thing.

I don't really see too many people who give credible sources as to why they suck, they fail to note EA's history of buying up companies and butchering them. They just say they hate them just for the hell of it.

So I thank you for at least having some sort of intelligence and knowledge on this.

• Like 1

EA has great games. Titanfall 2 is a master piece. Battlefront 2 could have been awesome but EA destroyed it. So yah they have good games but they are anti-consumer.

Also I believe Activision is WAAAAAAAAY worse than EA. Activision should be fucking boycotted. I've never seen such a greedy shitty company in the gaming industry in my life.

2 minutes ago, Nexuds121 said:

This is the best I can. I never been the first person to get this. So I want this opportunity for myself and everyone to post any company of like or dislike here.

What's the point really?

It's better to make a conversation on a particular company you don't like, rather than just naming and shaming any company you feel isn't up to snuff.

I guess I'm pretty lucky...i don't really hate any company...i like video games and playing them...i usually let the gameplay be the deciding factor in enjoyment level...barely even notice the company...although the business decisions they make have likely affected me, I just assumed it was a shifting of the times...evolution is often good...

ignorance is bliss?...maybe, i don't know...I guess I just have other things to worry about...bottom line, I game to game...some games I like, others I don't...don't really care who makes 'em at this point as long as there are still games I find fun being released...

• Like 2

Microtransactions are cancer to gaming and far more people should be mobilised against them than there currently are. Like someone above said, bitching and grumbling always follows but sales rarely show that the shitty practices have any significant effect on the majority's buying patterns.

5 hours ago, Skadoki said:

You have very low standards or don'realize the shit you are being sold (unless you bought those games for about $10 or less)

It's one thing to play an okayish game (I do from time to time) but another are these cash grabs that have monetization planned first, game experience planned last. Battlefront had half the game sold in a season pass. Battlefront 2 is a free mobile game they tried to sell for $60. The last Need for Speed game makes you improve your car with CARDS, not car parts like any person who likes cars will want, cards because its a copy/paste from all their other corporate crap. Andromeda was rushed to market with the promise of being finshed, and they never did. It was also a disgrace to the whole Mass Effect franchise.

We are talking about a gigantic corporation with a lot of budget, not an indie developer making their first game. The stuff they shit out is unnacceptable. Not to mention that their PR is terrible. They have the nerve to come out and say stuff like "we put the player experience first" when they obviously don't.

There are many other games worth your time way more than all those. Unless of course you have so much free time that you get to play everything. Personally I have a good amount of free time (6 hours a day, the whole day on sunday), yet I always have games to play way more worth of my time than any of the stuff EA makes.

4 hours ago, Spaz said:

Yeah, it was well known back in early to mid 2000s too, the general public was just slow to catch up I guess.

But seriously, for me, EA on the cover is like a "parental advisory" icon I take seriously.

• Like 1

I like how this is talking about every companies but I just knew it was just another one of those "shit on EA circlejerks".

We get it, EA sucks. You guys are like Reddit and just won't shut up about it. Ultimately, EA sucks but there's nothing worse you can do that annoy people by routinely going fuck EA.

• Like 4