What Gaming Companies Do You Dislike and Why?

Nexuds121

43 minutes ago, dmland12 said:

I can't wait to see what the next title of this thread will be.

Yeah, in case people want to know why the start of the thread focused on EA, it's because the title specifically mentioned EA.

47 minutes ago, KaKrackle said:

EA.....Because You cant spell the word ‘steal’ without EA.

Also SquareEnix can fuck off. Final fantasy 15 was the final straw for me ??

SquareSoft, notice I say Soft and not Enix, is like the opposite of EA for me. If it says SquareSoft on the cover, it's like a brand of quality.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, AndresLionheart said:

You have very low standards or don'realize the shit you are being sold (unless you bought those games for about $10 or less)

It's one thing to play an okayish game (I do from time to time) but another are these cash grabs that have monetization planned first, game experience planned last. Battlefront had half the game sold in a season pass. Battlefront 2 is a free mobile game they tried to sell for $60. The last Need for Speed game makes you improve your car with CARDS, not car parts like any person who likes cars will want, cards because its a copy/paste from all their other corporate crap. Andromeda was rushed to market with the promise of being finshed, and they never did. It was also a disgrace to the whole Mass Effect franchise.

We are talking about a gigantic corporation with a lot of budget, not an indie developer making their first game. The stuff they shit out is unnacceptable. Not to mention that their PR is terrible. They have the nerve to come out and say stuff like "we put the player experience first" when they obviously don't.

There are many other games worth your time way more than all those. Unless of course you have so much free time that you get to play everything. Personally I have a good amount of free time (6 hours a day, the whole day on sunday), yet I always have games to play way more worth of my time than any of the stuff EA makes.

Another thing to consider is Amy Hennig, most famous for the Uncharted games, wanted to make a Star Wars game that had a story like Uncharted. It was going to be a fun but linear adventure that was single player. But EA wanted nothing to do with that, so they scrapped the entire project.

And what did we get? Star Wars Battlefront II.

EA also pulled some crap with Need for Speed 2015 by being always online. Which means that even if you want to play some single player you will still run into online players, and your entire game doesn't work if your internet connection drops.

They were also behind the shitty decisions behind both Mass Effect 3 and Dead Space 3. Fans of the Mass Effect series were real pissed off about the ending to Mass Effect 3 so EA had to do something about it. Dead Space 3 was basically a shoot-em-up action co-op game without the horror and story that was in the first two games.

Today, the Dead Space series is basically done and over with, and Mass Effect Andromeda was broken promises, but I just saw it as a continuation of the crap that started with Mass Effect 3.

9 hours ago, MMDE said:

Yeah, it was well known back in early to mid 2000s too, the general public was just slow to catch up I guess.

But seriously, for me, EA on the cover is like a "parental advisory" icon I take seriously.

I was a PC gamer for a long time so I knew what EA was up to then.

The general public just wasn't aware until Steam became popular.

Edited by Spaz

1 hour ago, MMDE said:

Yeah, in case people want to know why the start of the thread focused on EA, it's because the title specifically mentioned EA.

SquareSoft, notice I say Soft and not Enix, is like the opposite of EA for me. If it says SquareSoft on the cover, it's like a brand of quality.

Ahhhhh Good old SquareSoft, how I miss them. I still have fond memories of Final fantasy 7 and 9 (not 8 cuz I thought it was boring)  + Vagrant story and the original Parasite Eve. They are some of my favourite games ever ?

4 minutes ago, KaKrackle said:

Ahhhhh Good old SquareSoft, how I miss them. I still have fond memories of Final fantasy 7 and 9 (not 8 cuz I thought it was boring)  + Vagrant story and the original Parasite Eve. They are some of my favourite games ever 1f603.png

What happened to the company?

I remember them cranking out great title after great title consistently in the SNES and PS1 days.

21 hours ago, Skadoki said:

Some of the games published by EA are pretty descent and I personally enjoyed them (both latest Need for Speed games, both Battlefronts, and Andromeda). They weren't mind blowing and definitely could be better but I'm happy that I spent time on them.

I'll agree on Andromeda.  Why was (nearly) everyone throwing flack at it?   IMO it's still a good Mass Effect.  Much of those animation issues got fixed.

EA has released some good FPS- Battlefield series starting with BF3,  Crysis, & Syndicate.  I bought & enjoyed these.

I'm loyal to Sony for the PlayStation console series, but not as a publisher. Same for any publisher, actually.  The games' developers matter more to me.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Spaz said:

What happened to the company?

I remember them cranking out great title after great title consistently in the SNES and PS1 days.

SquareSoft and Enix merged to create SquareEnix. A super, ultra, mega axis of evil the likes of which the universe had never seen before.

It was a bit like the time Robbie Williams got back with Take That.

4 minutes ago, rolltideroll157 said:

This entire thread is stupid. People only love to make threads on this site to bitch and complain. Wouldn't you all rather talk about something you like than something you hate? 

It's better to let there frustrations out and bitchy about it then calling it stupid.

27 minutes ago, Nexuds121 said:

It's better to let there frustrations out and bitchy about it then calling it stupid.

No It's better to just enjoy whatever games you like than to make a dumbass thread bitching about companies you hate. This is a pointless thread and for some reason more of these type of threads have been popping up lately. I wish this site just didn't let anyone make a a dumb thread..

• Like 1