PORTAL2 ON PS3 STEAM SIGN IN PROBLEMS!!

Kristmas2

A lot of people cannot connect their PS3 copy of Portal2 to their Steam account. It is also not possible to sign into steam. Online Coop, Steam Cloud, cross platform Coop and getting Steam achievments maybe not possible no more.. Getting online trophies maybe not possible no more.. Last day anyone was able to connect was on 15th of May 2018. I am afraid that Valve have finished support to their game and made platinium UNACHIEVABLE :(

"Important:

Portal 2 on PS3 is no longer supported. Some features, including cross-platform multiplayer, may not function correctly."

Link to official steam support page below:

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=5477-WPJM-9388

Edited by Kristmas2

11 minutes ago, Shadiochao said:

I haven't played it, but linking PS3 to Steam sounds like it's always had problems.

The game hasn't been supported since 2016, though, so dropping support wouldn't have been what made it unachievable. Not directly, anyway.

I did not know that it hasn't been supported since 2016. Maybe I overreacted then :)  But it's really impossible to sign in since 15th of May :( Hope they'll repair it then.

9 minutes ago, bigrake1 said:

I would be surprised if players could do much of anything on Portal 2 without the Steam overlay. Without signing into Steam, my game would go into an infinite save loop during the campaign.

Actually it works fine - you can complete single player campaign and play couch coop, only 2 trophies are not possible. You must have some bad luck, missing of patch maybe?

It's possible. Once I got mid-game, I was getting locked into an infinite save loop, and I could not proceed. I know this was a problem for others, until they logged into Steam. Feel bad for my friends. They had intended to get Professor Portal and Friend List With Benefits, but that looks grim at this point. These games with overlays...that's why I'm rushing to finish AC3, because of the UPlay overlay...

I remember me and my boyfriend tried to play this online about 2 years ago now and it wouldn't work, so I'm not sure if support has only now been dropped, since there were a couple of others back around the time that claimed they couldn't connect either.

We ended up eventually just playing it split-screen last month. Sucks that it's made the platinum unachievable, but unfortunately that seems to be the case for a lot of PS3 games now as more and more lose their online services when they have trophies that require online.

3 minutes ago, BigBossImBeamer said:

The support has been dropped a long time ago. I'm pretty sure the online trophies are still obtainable. To get a stable connection you only need a digital copy of Portal 2 on your steam account.

I already know about that - Me and my buddies were playing coop online for last week, I have played PS3-PC online coop, PS3-PS3 online coop, got my steam achievments trough PSN-Steam Synch - but since 15th of May it is no longer possible to sing in ;/

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kristmas2 said:

I already know about that - Me and my buddies were playing coop online for last week, I have played PS3-PC online coop, PS3-PS3 online coop, got my steam achievments trough PSN-Steam Synch - but since 15th of May it is no longer possible to sing in ;/

Hopefully that's just a temporary thing then. But it definitely has nothing to do with the PS3 support dropping. This note has been on their homepage for years.

This just sets a tone for things to come and unfortunately that happens to be all online support will eventually drop for the Playstation 3. If the only way to obtain and play PSN games that were on the Playstation 3 is through Playstation Now I'm going to be pretty pissed off.

I wanted to get Portal around a decade ago but the looks and the style never appealed to me so I never bought it. Same goes for Portal 2.

Another nail in the coffin. I better get those online trophies for all the Assassins Creed games on my PS3 before they too fall victim to servers shutting down.

25 minutes ago, BigBossImBeamer said:

Hopefully that's just a temporary thing then. But it definitely has nothing to do with the PS3 support dropping. This note has been on their homepage for years.

I hope too. Did not know support was dropped years ago. Maybe it is just a temporary thing.

Just tried this through my old main, Pricey403 which is already linked to Steam

Trying to connect to Steam in the main menu will eventually time you out saying it cannot connect and to check your network.

Hitting play online from the co-op menu will try to connect to Steam for about 5 seconds then fail.

Yeah, that message about Portal 2 no longer being supported was there back when I did the plat in January. Scared me a bit but it still worked.

Of course what it also means that the game the cross-platform functionality could stop any moment, which may have now happened. 

33 minutes ago, IDiivil said:

Yeah, that message about Portal 2 no longer being supported was there back when I did the plat in January. Scared me a bit but it still worked.

Of course what it also means that the game the cross-platform functionality could stop any moment, which may have now happened. 

Everything was working perfecly fine till May 15th when it stopped working;/ I was really impressed how amazing it was - Steam Overlay, cross platform coop (Playing on my PS3 with buddies on PC - it was like magic! And it worked perfectly! And you can use psmove in Portal2, and it works great!), you could send messages to your Steam Friends, and get PSN trophies and Steam Achievments at same time! And check your progress and time you have spent in game on your PC or Smartfone trough Steam App. Communication was really easy, cause steam overlay and steam app let you write messages more efficient than on PS3 chat or PSmessages app. Getting coop partners was really easy, cause you could invite PC players via steam and that community is still really big. But it suddenly stopped working without any notice.. I was one of 2 last players who got Professor Portal trophy on 14th of may, can't belive how close i was to not getting it now..

Edited by Kristmas2
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, bigrake1 said:

It's possible. Once I got mid-game, I was getting locked into an infinite save loop, and I could not proceed. I know this was a problem for others, until they logged into Steam. Feel bad for my friends. They had intended to get Professor Portal and Friend List With Benefits, but that looks grim at this point. These games with overlays...that's why I'm rushing to finish AC3, because of the UPlay overlay...

The UPlay overlay has zero effect on Assassin’s Creed III.

Really? Just like that? No warning whatsoever...

Come on man!

I had to purchase the game on Steam to make it work and I was planning to play it to get the online stuff done this summer, but well.. hopefully the glorified and santified Steam support does something about it.

Did somebody ask valve about it or can tell me where I can write them? I really think it’s just some problem with online which will be all good after some time but maybe they have to fix it. Maybe they don’t even know about it.

15 minutes ago, Schivorer said:

Did somebody ask valve about it or can tell me where I can write them? I really think it’s just some problem with online which will be all good after some time but maybe they have to fix it. Maybe they don’t even know about it.

Considering they've officially dropped all ps3 support, I'd say it'll be a cold chance in hell before it gets fixed if it doesn't unfuck itself on it's own.

• Like 1