Kristmas2

PORTAL2 ON PS3 STEAM SIGN IN PROBLEMS!!

66 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Schivorer said:

Can you even play the steam version online at the moment? Or is it really just the ps3 which can’t connect to steam? Because if it’s also a problem with the steam version they might want to fix that.

It's only PS3 version problem - I have managed to play PC to PC co-op on my PC Steam copy and got PC only Achievment "Talent Show".

Edited by Kristmas2
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, this is pretty much why Portal 2 was one of the first PS3 games I did after I started cleaning up old MP trophies after the Killzone and WipEout shutdowns were announced.

 

I don't have a lot of faith left in Valve, and at this point this whole cross-platform thing is very much a legacy system, as it was never expanded to any other games. I think it was originally supposed to be like a feature, seeing as they had Gabe on the E3 stage announcing it and all that.

 

That said, suppose there is a chance they may fix it, but wouldn't count on it. Oh and the fact that the PS3 trophies unlocking is actually tied to the steam servers is just a horrible idea to begin with. Seems so unnecessary.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

P1VmLbK.jpg

 

My ps3. I can confirm that it's not working for me as well.

 

Considering how old the game is and the nearly 2 years we have had since the announcement, I don't feel bad for anybody who doesn't have this done by now.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wasn't aware that they were no longer supporting it, it wasn't mentioned in any guides or forums regarding unachievable trophies. I really hope it gets fixed (Or fixes itself), because to lose a perfect completion rating due to this is so stupid. 

 

I'm assuming you can't get the 2 online trophies through the Steam version and have it amazingly pop up on the PS3 version right?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, SonicGamer12 said:

I'm assuming you can't get the 2 online trophies through the Steam version and have it amazingly pop up on the PS3 version right?

 

Nope, not without being able to connect to Steam on PS3. I think you could before though.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SonicGamer12 said:

I wasn't aware that they were no longer supporting it, it wasn't mentioned in any guides or forums regarding unachievable trophies. I really hope it gets fixed (Or fixes itself), because to lose a perfect completion rating due to this is so stupid. 

 

I'm assuming you can't get the 2 online trophies through the Steam version and have it amazingly pop up on the PS3 version right?

 

No - PSN Trophies can unlock Steam Achievments, but not the other way. Trophies can only be earned on PS3, and two online trophies require PS3 to be signed into Steam.

Edited by Kristmas2
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NOOOOOOOO! I just unlocked Professor Portal a little while ago and was thinking I needed to get round to knocking out the hugs one but just never sorted it.

I was going to make this my 100th platinum too!

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, booshy_89 said:

NOOOOOOOO! I just unlocked Professor Portal a little while ago and was thinking I needed to get round to knocking out the hugs one but just never sorted it.

I was going to make this my 100th platinum too!

 

Me too, man! :angry:

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, JNSpradlin said:

So glad I knocked this out late last year. 

 

I have unlocked my last Portal2 online trophy on 14th of May and it's impossible to sign in since 15th of May.. Can't belive how lucky I am :)

Edited by Kristmas2
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Kristmas2 said:

 

I have unlocked my last Portal2 online trophy on 14th of May and it's impossible to sign in since 15th of May.. Can't belive how lucky I am :)

Dude, go buy a lottery ticket.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, booshy_89 said:

NOOOOOOOO! I just unlocked Professor Portal a little while ago and was thinking I needed to get round to knocking out the hugs one but just never sorted it.

I was going to make this my 100th platinum too!

 

man, that is painful because Professor Portal is the most awkward trophy ever.

I only got it in April and I have a friend who has every co-op trophy apart from it.

 

If they've shut it down without any kind of warning that is really shit

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Incognito_D said:

 

man, that is painful because Professor Portal is the most awkward trophy ever.

I only got it in April and I have a friend who has every co-op trophy apart from it.

 

If they've shut it down without any kind of warning that is really shit

 

They've announced 2 years ago the PS3 version was no longer being supported. So they did give ample warning... it just stayed up for a long time afterwards. Still, my snarky comment aside, this still sucks and I hope they fix it or it fixes itself!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Afro_Gear said:

 

They've announced 2 years ago the PS3 version was no longer being supported. So they did give ample warning... it just stayed up for a long time afterwards. Still, my snarky comment aside, this still sucks and I hope they fix it or it fixes itself!

 

Many players don't use Steam (many have just created an account just to get those two trophies) and this warning is not viewed from the PS3 version.

Edited by Dr_Stranamore
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Dr_Stranamore said:

 

Many players don't use Steam (many have just created an account just to get those two trophies) and this warning is not viewed from the PS3 version.

 

Not trying to defend Valve or anything, but where were they supposed to announce it? Did you expect a Christmas letter with a picture of Santa telling you the trophy fairy was gonna shit on your parade? Every other server closure is always made on the developers web site, so how was Valve supposed to know this is how you wanted to be notified?

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Phil said:

 

Not trying to defend Valve or anything, but where were they supposed to announce it? Did you expect a Christmas letter with a picture of Santa telling you the trophy fairy was gonna shit on your parade? Every other server closure is always made on the developers web site, so how was Valve supposed to know this is how you wanted to be notified?

 

Like when connecting to Steam overlay on PSN, where you can see news and all? There are people here who have been playing two days earlier the one it stopped working.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dr_Stranamore said:

 

Like when connecting to Steam overlay on PSN, where you can see news and all? There are people here who have been playing two days earlier the one it stopped working.

Exactly. For something like Batman Arkham Origins, this is fair game. They made a public statement with a specific date and even when you go to the PSN store it's the first thing you can see in the description of the game. Granted, the online is still up and running for that game despite what they said, but if it goes down now then it's safe to say it's gone.

 

I bought Portal 2 on PSN this year and there was no such statement shown for it which is where'd you expect it the most outside of the game itself. Going by my Batman logic, it wouldn't seem too likely for the servers for Portal 2 to go back online, but apparently last year it was down for like 3 weeks? Could anyone confirm this? 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Dr_Stranamore said:

 

Like when connecting to Steam overlay on PSN, where you can see news and all? There are people here who have been playing two days earlier the one it stopped working.

 

They may have...2.5 years ago when they officially stopped supporting the ps3.

 

You should not be surprised by any closure on the ps3 from here on out. Servers have been closing or getting knocked off line. If it's the latter, best bet they aren't going to lift a finger to put them back online. This should just be common sense. It makes sense to me. Makes sense to almost everyone I know.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Phil said:

 

They may have...2.5 years ago when they officially stopped supporting the ps3.

 

You should not be surprised by any closure on the ps3 from here on out. Servers have been closing or getting knocked off line. If it's the latter, best bet they aren't going to lift a finger to put them back online. This should just be common sense. It makes sense to me. Makes sense to almost everyone I know.

 

Just makes more sense to just play single player games on the older consoles.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sucks to be the losers on the other end for you guys who can't get the trophies LOLOLOL

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Spaz said:

 

Just makes more sense to just play single player games on the older consoles.

 

That's definitely the safest thing to do.

 

1 hour ago, XLordXNightmareX said:

Sucks to be the losers on the other end for you guys who can't get the trophies LOLOLOL

 

xD

That troll comment had me giggling like a little school girl.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Phil said:

 

xD

That troll comment had me giggling like a little school girl.

haha right. Yeah they definitely should've got it done anytime before the shutdown. I wonder what'll be on the chopping block next.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe i was being very naive, but when I considered if i should risk playing Portal2 on PS3 I thought to myself: "Man, Valve is sooo great company and Steam will be online like, like.. forever, and Portal2 is like their last game they released (and maybe their last) (i am not counting DOTA and CS).. so I don't have to worry about it going offline anytime, it's not like it's EA or something. Right?"

 

Point is - i am dissapointed with you Valve. I thought you were better than that.

 

:)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Holly shit, I've got the game since 2015, I bought the pc version for platinum ;(

 
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24-5-2018 at 2:13 AM, XLordXNightmareX said:

haha right. Yeah they definitely should've got it done anytime before the shutdown. I wonder what'll be on the chopping block next.

This is one of those games that I just didn't get around to getting the online trophies for yet. It kinda sucks I guess, but you're right, I have nobody to blame but myself :)

 

On the other hand I still buy and play PS3 games even when I know the servers have already gone. I started the first WRC yesterday evening for example. I will have to do without about 10% of the trophies, but not playing it at all means I would lose out on 100% of the trophies. There you have it, the logic of a non-completionist ;)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.