PORTAL2 ON PS3 STEAM SIGN IN PROBLEMS!!

Kristmas2

Portal 2 servers probably were shut down intentionally because of GDPR (as expected). Here is a somewhat official statement regarding CS:GO. It probably also applies to Portal 2:

As you may know, GDPR legislation is going into effect worldwide on May 25th. Unfortunately, we no longer have an established process to deliver title updates for CS:GO on PlayStation 3 to make it compliant with GDPR. Because of this, we have turned off CS:GO's official game servers on PlayStation 3. The game will remain fully playable in offline modes, but PS3 CS:GO players will no longer be able to sign into Steam or play online against other PS3 players.

source: https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/6231617-post9028.html

original source: https://steamcommunity.com/app/620/discussions/0/1692669912398496957/#c1694922980043732397

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 5/22/2018 at 9:31 AM, Schivorer said:

Did somebody ask valve about it or can tell me where I can write them? I really think it’s just some problem with online which will be all good after some time but maybe they have to fix it. Maybe they don’t even know about it.

I wrote their support team ages ago, but they basically respond with the fact that they don't support PS3. 

• Like 1

• 4 years later...

Anyone tried this recently now that there's another game that links PSN ID + Steam? https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/players-can-now-link-their-playstation-network-and-steam-accounts/ silly article says SM is the 1st game but P2 was the 1st game. I have no idea where my P2 disc is, I only got around to hugging 2 of 3 for the trophy :(

24 minutes ago, oOMementoMoriOo said:

Anyone tried this recently now that there's another game that links PSN ID + Steam? https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/players-can-now-link-their-playstation-network-and-steam-accounts/ silly article says SM is the 1st game but P2 was the 1st game. I have no idea where my P2 disc is, I only got around to hugging 2 of 3 for the trophy :(

The PS3 servers are gone so even if this worked, there's nothing for you to connect to :(.

6 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

The PS3 servers are gone so even if this worked, there's nothing for you to connect to :(.

Bummer, nvm then, thought it was just Steam not letting us log into the game since steam players & ps3 players were able to play with each other in the same gaming session :(

Edited by oOMementoMoriOo

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
49 minutes ago, Phoenixgaming1 said:

Pretty sure I saw a recent video of people getting these through a Lan game on Xbox 360 unless the server situation is different on Xbox 360.

I can't speak for "Professor Portal" but I know for sure "friends list with benefits" is impossible with the servers offline.

1 hour ago, Phoenixgaming1 said:

Pretty sure I saw a recent video of people getting these through a Lan game on Xbox 360 unless the server situation is different on Xbox 360.

Ms directly host the 360 servers themselves. They didn't use a third party company like Sony insist on doing so.

As follows 

Crysis 2

Fear 2

Portal 2

Team Fortress 2

007 Bloodstone

007 Quantum of Solace 

All still with active servers on Xbox 360. Most are directly run by Microsoft themselves now. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, ResiGamer_28 said:

Ms directly host the 360 servers themselves. They didn't use a third party company like Sony insist on doing so.

As follows 

Crysis 2

Fear 2

Portal 2

Team Fortress 2

007 Bloodstone

007 Quantum of Solace 

All still with active servers on Xbox 360. Most are directly run by Microsoft themselves now. 

Mortal Kombat

Wolfenstein

Singularity

DJ Hero 1

Overlord 2

Midnight Club

50 Cent

Band Hero

MUD

Blur

Fuel

Damage Inc

Ghostbusters

Guitar Hero games (Except the last one)

Heroes over Europe

JASF

Lucha Libre

MLB 2k9,10,11,12,13

NBA 2k10,11

NHL 2k9, 10

SBK games

All games I own with shut down PS3 servers that are still doable on 360 (Some games do have discontinueds, but still have online obtainables, like the MLB games). I miss the days when MS hosted 2K's servers. 

On 2/5/2023 at 7:33 PM, ResiGamer_28 said:

As follows 

Crysis 2

Fear 2

Portal 2

Team Fortress 2

007 Bloodstone

007 Quantum of Solace 

Jesus and this is another reason I hate Sony, lock you behind a $60 subscription to play multiplayer, and yet they don't even host the servers, so you're not even paying for server cost, you're just paying to waste more money, makes me glad I moved away from the PlayStation ecosystem. And it's a damn shame.

1 hour ago, Phoenixgaming1 said:

Jesus and this is another reason I hate Sony, lock you behind a $60 subscription to play multiplayer, and yet they don't even host the servers, so you're not even paying for server cost, you're just paying to waste more money, makes me glad I moved away from the PlayStation ecosystem. And it's a damn shame.

Ps3 era was free for online multiplayer, where as on 360 where we had to pay for xbox live gold AND had to buy online passes on top!

On 2/5/2023 at 5:47 PM, Floorkiller74 said:

Mortal Kombat

Wolfenstein

Singularity

DJ Hero 1

Overlord 2

Midnight Club

50 Cent

Band Hero

MUD

Blur

Fuel

Damage Inc

Ghostbusters

Guitar Hero games (Except the last one)

Heroes over Europe

JASF

Lucha Libre

MLB 2k9,10,11,12,13

NBA 2k10,11

NHL 2k9, 10

SBK games

All games I own with shut down PS3 servers that are still doable on 360 (Some games do have discontinueds, but still have online obtainables, like the MLB games). I miss the days when MS hosted 2K's servers. 

JASF is dead, Fuel works now and then. Rogue Warrior is dead on 360 but works on ps3. 

35 minutes ago, ResiGamer_28 said:

Ps3 era was free for online multiplayer, where as on 360 where we had to pay for xbox live gold AND had to buy online passes on top!

JASF is dead, Fuel works now and then. Rogue Warrior is dead on 360 but works on ps3. 

Yeah, I think Rogue Warrior is just broken on xbox, like Far Cry 2 breaks occasionally. MOH is another game that's broken on Xbox (You can get online ,but can't match up with anyone), but it still works on PS3. I'm not saying it's a one way street, I was giving examples of PS3 games that are down but work on Xbox.

JASF is dead on PS3, works fine on Xbox. Are you saying FUEL works on ps3 intermittently? Looking on here and TT, nobody (except one cheater) has unlocked any online trophies since 2014. Works fine on Xbox.