Yakuza 3, 4 and 5 gets remastered

dermarx

Hopefully these come west, I've only just started on the Yakuza series (on 5, I know I should really start with 0 or 1, but I wanted to get 5 out of the way first since I have it on rental with PS Plus). I already have 3-5 on PS3, but it'd be great to actually be able to own the 5th game physically, assuming these games get physical versions of course. If not, I'll still be re-buying all of 'em, it'd be nice to have all the Yakuza on one console.

Edited by SuperSmexy500

Nice, but I'm not going to wait for them. Once Kiwami 2 hits the stores, I'm going from 2 to 6 back to back. I already have 3 on PS3 and 4 and 5 on PS+, so I just need to get 2 and 6 to be able to finally continue the story from kiwami 1.

I will still buy the kiwamis when they come out though.

Now I need to work on some more disposable income so I can import those Japanese only games (the shipping costs are insane...).

• Like 1

Shout out to the people that told me to hold back from buying Yakuza 3 on PS3. I was going to THIS MONTH.

This is such good news. Especially the prices. Yakuza 3 on PS3 runs from anywhere between $50-$100 in Canada. I'll be happy to pay $50 for the PS4 version.

10 minutes ago, Great_MazingerZ said:

That's cool but it will be perfect once they hit the west, won't touch them in Japanese version

Show Sega you will buy it by buying Yakuza 6 at full price then. 

Otherwise what incentive would they have to localize it? Gotta show them you want it.

This is pure gold!

I approached Yakuza games not long ago with Kiwami. I always wanted to start the saga, but the impossibility to find the first games at human price always get me down.

With Kiwami and Kiwami 2 coming to the west (along with this remastered hopefully), all the games will be avabile on PS4!! ?

Will probably get the games on sale for collecting purpose.

I already got the plat for all 3 games so I'm not planning to replay them anytime soon due to time constraint and all the Yakuza games takes very long time to 100% (with the exception of 6).

Just finished 6 the other day, I'm taking a break then moving to Zero, Kiwami 1, Kiwami 2

This might mean that Yakuza 5 might finally be getting a physical release in the West. I have Yakuza 0 in my backlog, but I pretty much suspect I'm going to love this series, so I really want a full physical collection.

• Like 1

What sucks is that if the games do get localized, they'll get cut again probably SMH.  The Western version of Yakuza 3, for example, has 20% less content than the Japanese version -_- I'm glad folks are starting to notice this series here, though.

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, grimydawg said:

What sucks is that if the games do get localized, they'll get cut again probably SMH.  The Western version of Yakuza 3, for example, has 20% less content than the Japanese version -_- I'm glad folks are starting to notice this series here, though.

Given Sega's commitment to releasing 0, Kiwami, and 6 uncut and uncensored, I'd imagine that they would want to do right by the now magnitudes larger fan base and release it content equal with the Japanese remaster.

• Like 2

This should force people to lower the prices of Y3 and Y4 that they are trying to skank on e-bay.

Edit: 

I have got the Japanese versions of Y1 and Y2 on PS3 but they are painfully unpleasant on the eye so I just never played them, I am all in favour of remasters of games for that reason.

Edited by JapanimeGamer
  • Like 2

this is a good news, I never got the chance to play Yakuza 3, only experience was the Demo.

the physical version is very rare to find in where I live, and Sony or maybe Sega decided to not release a digital version for it.

guess this is the only hope for me.

also I was waiting for a sales on 5 for the ps3 but there's aren't any at the moment as last one happen I was broke.

41 minutes ago, communistwookiee said:

Given Sega's commitment to releasing 0, Kiwami, and 6 uncut and uncensored, I'd imagine that they would want to do right by the now magnitudes larger fan base and release it content equal with the Japanese remaster.

That's reassuring then.  I was a little salty about 3 TBH.

I'm happy about this news :3 I only have Yakuza 3 on Ps3 and Right now 0 & Kiwami 1 to play on Ps4, gues si'll just wait and get them one by one on Ps4 now! 

I'm mostly Glad for the Yakuza 5, Being onyl Digital here on Ps3 it never drops down, always full price, with this (and I Give by itself a Retail release like the others) maybe it will go on Sale and drop price down when out!!!

That's nice, in like 8-9 months all the Series is on Ps4, great :3 

Well at leats in Japan but i guess for Summer/fall 2019 even in the West, thankfully it doesn't seem to take them years like For Yakuza 5 now to localize.

Edited by Sora9427

28 minutes ago, Sora9427 said:

I'm mostly Glad for the Yakuza 5, Being onyl Digital here on Ps3 it never drops down, always full price, with this (and I Give by itself a Retail release like the others) maybe it will go on Sale and drop price down when out!!!

It's on sale right now, but only by -25%. It his been reduced to 10€ twice before.

https://psprices.com/region-it/game/118442/yakuza-5

These are some pretty good news for people that have yet to get the games. I do have Yakuza 3 and 4 on PS3 because I had the chance to get them at a ridiculously good deal that I couldn't ignore last year. I still haven't played the games though.

Hopefully, they will follow suit and get a release date for the west soon.

I second the notion of getting Kenzan and Ishin on this side of the world as well. Been eyeing those imports for a while now. Pretty sure they would be great to play in a language I can understand. ;)

2 hours ago, JapanimeGamer said:

You must have been unlucky or unaware because Y5 was free on PS3 for a while.

yeah i'm aware of that, the problem is that I never subscribed to the PS plus before.

the only two times I got it was free, the first one was in the time when when the massive block out happen I got the plus for free for one month, the second one was I believe in 2016 when Sony gave away the plus subscription for free for only two days.

Edited by yellowwindow7
  • Like 1