Yakuza 3, 4 and 5 gets remastered

dermarx

1 hour ago, soniq said:

It's on sale right now, but only by -25%. It his been reduced to 10€ twice before.

https://psprices.com/region-it/game/118442/yakuza-5

Thanks for the info but now i'm gonna wait anyway now :P 

I only have Yakuza 3 on Ps3 (Bought like 5 years ago) so i'm just gonna get every single title (3 Included) on Ps4 after this announcement :) l

51 minutes ago, yellowwindow7 said:

it said 9 side missions in chapter 3 and 4 been scrapped out, the Mah-Jong board game been removed, a trivia game show been removed and of course the host clubs.

Ah, never noticed since I never did any of the mini games or side missions

I'm hyped for Yakuza 4 Finale in 1080p 60FPS and this music blowing up my head again and again:

Also for Yakuza 3 which I couldn't play beause I couldn't find a copy. Now my BD is broken ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

I have my doubts that these remasters will come to the west. I mean the remasters of Yakuza 1 & 2 never did, although granted, that was before they started pushing these games in the west like they are now. There's also the issue of Yakuza 3 having a lot of cut content in the west. Either they release the western version as is which would be extremely disappointing, or they spend the time and money to localise the content that was cut. I just don't see that happening.

Let's say they do bring these remasters to the west, though, I only see myself getting them if they're released physically. I already own all of these games on PS3 and there are more than enough Yakuza games to play as it is without replaying old ones. The 60fps is nice, but it's not a big enough incentive for me to play them again. The PS3 versions are good enough for me.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Undead Wolf said:

I have my doubts that these remasters will come to the west. I mean the remasters of Yakuza 1 & 2 never did, although granted, that was before they started pushing these games in the west like they are now. There's also the issue of Yakuza 3 having a lot of cut content in the west. Either they release the western version as is which would be extremely disappointing, or they spend the time and money to localise the content that was cut. I just don't see that happening.

Let's say they do bring these remasters to the west, though, I only see myself getting them if they're released physically. I already own all of these games on PS3 and there are more than enough Yakuza games to play as it is without replaying old ones. The 60fps is nice, but it's not a big enough incentive for me to play them again. The PS3 versions are good enough for me.

Eh. I would be doubtful if Kiwami 1 and 2 haven't arrived to the west but they did! So we can quite safely assume that even the others Kiwami will arrive (Finally Sega understood that It can make good money with the big Fanbase in the west...). As they spent money for this ones i don't see why not for the others. I doubt the Cutted contents are like 20 hours of different scenes and stuff to do that will need a lot of dedication anyway, i read it was side quests, Majong and the Host Mini-Game, could quitely translate that!

Never been happier. I've been wanting this so bad. Sega's been really good, so I will assume they'll localize them no problem. I've been buying the games and will continue to do so since 0. Despite not getting around to Kiwami yet, I will buy Kiwami 2 immediately on release. As I did 6.

Don't know if everyone read the article, so here is a small update:

The remaster announcements are also featured in the latest issue of Weekly Famitsu, which has gone up with an online preview. The magazine clarifies that the contents of the remasters will be the same as the original games, but will run in 1080p resolution and at 60 frames per second. Development on the Yakuza 3 remaster is currently 90 percent complete.

On 5/22/2018 at 8:13 PM, JapanimeGamer said:

This should force people to lower the prices of Y3 and Y4 that they are trying to skank on e-bay.

I remember bringing back Kiwami and Ishin in 2016 from Japan, Kiwami was $15 brand new and Ishin was about $20. In fact I think I spoke to you about Kiwami? In any case I've just checked Ebay prices on Yakuza games and what a rip off!

Such a great series though I have them all except 6, If they %100 3 and 4 then sure I'll buy it.

• Like 1

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2018/05/29/yakuza-producer-says-that-the-remasters-are-for-overseas-fans.aspx

There we go. The TL;DR: Not confirmed for Western release, but they are "made for fans outside Japan", no content will be cut for a Western release, but some hostesses will be replaced due to actor contracts.

Edited by communistwookiee
Clarification

33 minutes ago, communistwookiee said:

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2018/05/29/yakuza-producer-says-that-the-remasters-are-for-overseas-fans.aspx

There we go. The TL;DR: Not confirmed for Western release, but they are "made for fans outside Japan", no content will be cut for a Western release, but some hostesses will be replaced due to actor contracts.

That's very interesting. We've come a long way from a few years back when the west was very much an afterthought for them.

I'm glad to hear that Yakuza 3 won't have any cut content this time around. Unfortunately, it seems quite likely that Tanimura from Yakuza 4 will have a new voice actor and face considering how the guy who voiced him originally retired from professional voice acting on bad terms. I wonder who else is getting replaced.

I might just hold off playing Yakuza 5 so I can experience it in glorious 60fps. :) 

8 hours ago, communistwookiee said:

Yeah as i guessed, it would be really stupid giving us Kiwami 1-2 and not the others xD

Great to see it will be full Un-Cutted! Guess i'll play 3 on Ps3 maybe meanwhile so i experiece the "Bad version" first :P 

17 hours ago, Undead Wolf said:

Unfortunately, it seems quite likely that Tanimura from Yakuza 4 will have a new voice actor and face considering how the guy who voiced him originally retired from professional voice acting on bad terms. I wonder who else is getting replaced.

Oh yeah, wonder how that's going to be handled. Tanimura is played by Hiroki Narimiya, an actor (not voice actor only), who retired from all of showbiz about 2 years ago from unfounded allegations going public.

I really liked his character in Y4 too.

• Like 1

77c5c2bf1e.jpg

Could anybody find out where to find this song (from the Y3 trailer) on the internet? I sadly can't typ or translate Japanese.

It reminded me a lot of BLEED (guess it was the credits theme from Kiwami) which I really loved.

Thanks in advance.

Hype is up for the remasters.

EDIT: Nevermind. I just found out that it's Yazawa Eikichi. :) 

Edited by triplejmzu8

1 hour ago, Intoner_Zero said:

Oh yeah, wonder how that's going to be handled. Tanimura is played by Hiroki Narimiya, an actor (not voice actor only), who retired from all of showbiz about 2 years ago from unfounded allegations going public.

I really liked his character in Y4 too.

Yeah, that's right. He did a great job playing Tanimura, who's actually one of the most unique playable characters in the series, so it's a shame that in all likelihood he's going to be replaced. I don't see him signing off on them using his likeness considering how, in his own words, he wanted to "disappear from the entertainment world". Yakuza 4 won't feel the same without him. :(

• Like 1