Yakuza 3, 4 and 5 gets remastered

dermarx

Yakuza 3 for PS4 demo now available in Asia

Yakuza 3

A demo for the PlayStation 4 version of Yakuza 3 is now available via the PlayStation Store in Hong Kong, Korea, Malaysia, Singapore, and other Asian countries.

The demo has yet to appear on the Japanese PlayStation Store.

The PlayStation 4 version of Yakuza 3 runs at 1080p resolution and 60 frames per second.

It will launch on August 9 in Japan.

https://gematsu.com/2018/07/yakuza-3-for-ps4-demo-now-available-in-asia

Furthermore, Nagoshi revealed that the remasters will be dedicated primarily to the new overseas fans of the game who didn’t get the opportunity to experience the games originally.

What triggered the company to remaster Yakuza 3, 4, and 5 is when Yakuza 0 and Yakuza 6: The Song of Life was released.

Damn right. I still have to play through almost all the games. Got Yakuza Kiwami 2 preordered for the end of the month. Don't think I'm ready. Oh well. Since I finished Kiwami I don't mind making the jump directly to Kiwami 2. Been waiting quite a while to see Ryuji Goda again.

Since i played 4 and 5 in the day i loved every single minute of it,

Recently done yakuza 0 now and loved it.

In fact i like the series so much i will buy all of the games twice probably, because this serie is worth it and i enjoy their games thoroughly something wich is rare when you trophyhunt

• 4 weeks later...

Welp, so much for the remasters not having cut content... Sega have decided to remove the substories involving Michiru (the drag queen character) in all versions of the game due to the "current moral values and judgement standards". Other changes have been made too, like one of the family crests being modified so it doesn't resemble the Rising Sun Flag anymore (to appease South Koreans). I guess this is what happens when you target oversees markets instead of your home country...

6 hours ago, Undead Wolf said:

Welp, so much for the remasters not having cut content... Sega have decided to remove the substories involving Michiru (the drag queen character) in all versions of the game due to the "current moral values and judgement standards". Other changes have been made too, like one of the family crests being modified so it doesn't resemble the Rising Sun Flag anymore (to appease South Koreans). I guess this is what happens when you target oversees markets instead of your home country...

Well we're getting the games atleast, no complaints here! ?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Undead Wolf said:

Still better than what the western release of of Yakuza 3 was. And I'm assuming that the cut content from the remaster in present in the western PS3 release? If that's the case, then I can play both versions and not miss out on anything.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Undead Wolf said:

If that's all they removed content wise, I don't think people should be too disappointed

If someone really wants to experience the missing content, watching a YouTube video would probably suffice.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ZireaelReviews said:

Well we're getting the games atleast, no complaints here! 1f601.png

First of all, we already had the games on PS3 with this content. Second of all, that's a bad attitude to have. Basically "So what if they lied to us and cut content? I'll still buy it!". Now you can't say that the remaster is objectively better. I honestly don't think I'll be buying these remasters now because I don't agree this kind of practice, at least not at launch. Who knows what else they're going to cut in Yakuza 4 & 5?

1 hour ago, Golden Devil Gamer said:

Still better than what the western release of of Yakuza 3 was. And I'm assuming that the cut content from the remaster in present in the western PS3 release? If that's the case, then I can play both versions and not miss out on anything.

Yes, the substories they cut from the remaster are in the PS3 western release, but you shouldn't have to play two different versions of the game to get the full experience. The remaster is supposed to be the definitive version of the game but that's no longer the case. It shouldn't have to be this way.

58 minutes ago, Lostknight179 said:

If that's all they removed content wise, I don't think people should be too disappointed

If someone really wants to experience the missing content, watching a YouTube video would probably suffice.

The point is that they promised there wouldn't be any cut content and they went back on their word because they're afraid of backlash from people who wouldn't even buy these games anyway. Being able to see what was cut on YouTube isn't a good solution - it should be in the game. You might not see it as a big deal, but it's less about how much content was cut and more about the decision to do it and their reasons behind that. I can't support the remasters in good conscience.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

First of all, we already had the games on PS3 with this content. Second of all, that's a bad attitude to have. Basically "So what if they lied to us and cut content? I'll still buy it!". Now you can't say that the remaster is objectively better. I honestly don't think I'll be buying these remasters now because I don't agree this kind of practice, at least not at launch. Who knows what else they're going to cut in Yakuza 4 & 5?

Yes, the substories they cut from the remaster are in the PS3 western release, but you shouldn't have to play two different versions of the game to get the full experience. The remaster is supposed to be the definitive version of the game but that's no longer the case. It shouldn't have to be this way.

The point is that they promised there wouldn't be any cut content and they went back on their word because they're afraid of backlash from people who wouldn't even buy these games anyway. Being able to see what was cut on YouTube isn't a good solution - it should be in the game. You might not see it as a big deal, but it's less about how much content was cut and more about the decision to do it and their reasons behind that. I can't support the remasters in good conscience.

I never played the originals, so from my perspective i dont have a complaint

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

I couldn't disagree with you more but I do understand your position. Having watched the video I for one am glad they removed the drag queen side story as it would have been offensive to me and a few others I know. Sometimes things in games should change when being updated because our overall social norms have moved with it. My two cents.

Either way, I'm just glad to have the game for PS4 as trying to get the PS3 disc at a reasonable price was getting harder and harder. And I've never played any of these games so might as well have them smoother and prettier.

Edited by redknightalex
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

People get offended by anything and everything these days. There's no point in game developers trying to please the perpetually offended because they will just find something else to complain about. The substories (there's more than one) are lighthearted/funny to the vast majority of people. If something like this bothers you that much, then I have to wonder why you're even playing Japanese games in the first place.

I'm offended that you're offended that they're offended :awesome:

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, dadoudelidou said:

Sooooo , 

Any news if Yakuza 3 4 and 5 are coming To the West on PS4 ? 

From the info I have so far, nothing official yet but the games could come to North America in the future ?

http://www.siliconera.com/2018/06/04/yakuza-creator-bringing-3-4-5-remasters-overseas-theyre-kiwami-remakes/

only this

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Cave_Johnson_ said:

Well said. I don't have much to add; I just wanted to say that I agree 100%. Talking to people who are okay with censorship, or worse, those who are for it, can feel like speaking to a brick wall.

Which doesn't happen enough, sadly. Censorship apologist 2665.pngs are the reason this shit continues to happen. 

Well, there are some people that just don't care if something is censored or not as long as they can play it in their native language

• Like 1