Empty Pockets farming method - faster than endless banquet halls

This method is faster than banquet halls endless. You’ll want maxed out brimstone, arcane ground and floor scorchers. Any other traps just help combo count for gold generation. Hope this helps any of you looking to try still for empty pockets. I’ll be checking back here to see if there’s any questions or you can message me on PSN: DanTheManGum.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

So since the game will be dead in 3 months and this here is still hands down the best method for anyone who does not have t7 coin traps with optimal parts, how about we exchange and compare the informations our grind has brought up so far, maybe we can optimize the amount of coin we can make per minute. I have never managed to get up to 30k coins per minute, imitating the video exactly gets me around 25-26k, doing some adjustments got me as high as 29k, but that is sadly not consistent. I am currently at 25% and most of my progress was made with this method, and here is what I found out so far.

As far as I can tell, the best round to take the first money potion is round 3. Round 3 gives significantly more coin than any of the first two. The next one would be round 5, then round 8, then 10 and lastly round 12. Other combos I tried gave me less coin overall with the same trap layouts. I tested this with Max so Dobbins coinbags would not screw up the results. Doing this with Max gives 270.000 Coin at the end of the match and takes me 10:30 minutes on average. You can get more coin if your Power Generator is higher, mine is currently tier 4, but the difference should not be all that high. In some rounds you can get slightly more coin if you take the potion a few seconds delayed, but nothing significant.

I have tried the trap combination in the video, as well as others with more bounty generators and kill speed. What works best for me is Brimstone, Viscious Tar and Cursed Ground for floor traps because you have two more bounty generator parts thanks to the Tar, the kill potential is also much better thanks to the synergy of the Tar and the Cursed Ground. Waves die slightly slower on average but it hardly matters because you save some time that usually gets wasted because enemies keep getting thrown multiple times by the Floor Scorcher without dying. The two extra bounty parts only make a very slight difference in coin though, so the main reason I am using it is because the strong slow effect groups the enemies up more and makes it easier to get more coin bags.

Dobbin is still the best hero to use by far obviously. Even if you do not collect a single coin bag, the 8.000 bonus coins alone add up over several grind games. Generally speaking it is rarely worth it to go for too many coin bags. Killing enemies in round 1-3 is fine, as well as round 5 and every round after 8, but rounds 6 and 7 are best spent planting the traps for the last 2 gates. Collecting coin bags instead almost always brings down the coin per minute by a lot. Coin bags generally are very luck dependend, I had matches with tons of coin bags that I could easily collect, and some with a very tiny amount of which half were impossible to reach because they stuck in the ground or were floating in the air.

One thing you can improve compared to the video is using Dobbins tunnel ability. I always create a connection between the 2nd and 4th gate so I can collect coin bags in front of the second gate, then quickly travel near the 4th and kill the enemies that made it past the very small killbox there. It prolongs the match time slightly, but the amount of coin you can get for it is quite good. The highest I ever got with this was 335.000 in around 11:30 minutes. I have gotten higher total amounts by collecting as many coin bags as possible in every single round, but it prolonged the match by more than a minute, so not worth it at all.

I use pretty much the same traits as in the video, except the cheaper fire traps because it is one of 2 traits I still don't have. Is there anything I have missed so far? The video has been around for a long time now so I imagine some people optimized the strategy in some ways I have overlooked.

5 hours ago, Nighcisama said:

So since the game will be dead in 3 months and this here is still hands down the best method for anyone who does not have t7 coin traps with optimal parts, how about we exchange and compare the informations our grind has brought up so far, maybe we can optimize the amount of coin we can make per minute. I have never managed to get up to 30k coins per minute, imitating the video exactly gets me around 25-26k, doing some adjustments got me as high as 29k, but that is sadly not consistent. I am currently at 25% and most of my progress was made with this method, and here is what I found out so far.

As far as I can tell, the best round to take the first money potion is round 3. Round 3 gives significantly more coin than any of the first two. The next one would be round 5, then round 8, then 10 and lastly round 12. Other combos I tried gave me less coin overall with the same trap layouts. I tested this with Max so Dobbins coinbags would not screw up the results. Doing this with Max gives 270.000 Coin at the end of the match and takes me 10:30 minutes on average. You can get more coin if your Power Generator is higher, mine is currently tier 4, but the difference should not be all that high. In some rounds you can get slightly more coin if you take the potion a few seconds delayed, but nothing significant.

I have tried the trap combination in the video, as well as others with more bounty generators and kill speed. What works best for me is Brimstone, Viscious Tar and Cursed Ground for floor traps because you have two more bounty generator parts thanks to the Tar, the kill potential is also much better thanks to the synergy of the Tar and the Cursed Ground. Waves die slightly slower on average but it hardly matters because you save some time that usually gets wasted because enemies keep getting thrown multiple times by the Floor Scorcher without dying. The two extra bounty parts only make a very slight difference in coin though, so the main reason I am using it is because the strong slow effect groups the enemies up more and makes it easier to get more coin bags.

Dobbin is still the best hero to use by far obviously. Even if you do not collect a single coin bag, the 8.000 bonus coins alone add up over several grind games. Generally speaking it is rarely worth it to go for too many coin bags. Killing enemies in round 1-3 is fine, as well as round 5 and every round after 8, but rounds 6 and 7 are best spent planting the traps for the last 2 gates. Collecting coin bags instead almost always brings down the coin per minute by a lot. Coin bags generally are very luck dependend, I had matches with tons of coin bags that I could easily collect, and some with a very tiny amount of which half were impossible to reach because they stuck in the ground or were floating in the air.

One thing you can improve compared to the video is using Dobbins tunnel ability. I always create a connection between the 2nd and 4th gate so I can collect coin bags in front of the second gate, then quickly travel near the 4th and kill the enemies that made it past the very small killbox there. It prolongs the match time slightly, but the amount of coin you can get for it is quite good. The highest I ever got with this was 335.000 in around 11:30 minutes. I have gotten higher total amounts by collecting as many coin bags as possible in every single round, but it prolonged the match by more than a minute, so not worth it at all.

I use pretty much the same traits as in the video, except the cheaper fire traps because it is one of 2 traits I still don't have. Is there anything I have missed so far? The video has been around for a long time now so I imagine some people optimized the strategy in some ways I have overlooked.

So the video was a median run but I’ll add things that have increased the total for me. 

1.  ALWAYS destroy the rifts that open ASAP. 

You lose so much time waiting for them. 

2. SPEED above all else. The actual range of coin generation is limited by the map. This means the faster you do it all the better you are over the long term. 

I was usually hitting 9:40-10:10 and generating about 300k after working out all the kinks and sliming my time down. 

Unless youre having trouble clearing the waves I’d say avoid the viscous tar as you want to shorten your time. That tunnel between the areas is a great idea to grab the coin bags. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Nighcisama said:

this here is still hands down the best method for anyone who does not have t7 coin traps with optimal parts,

This method is still better with T7 and the parts. My banquet halls runs topped out at 875k / run, which is a little more than 23,500 coin / minute. Endless banquet halls, at least for me, had the habit of crashing the game around the 39th minute mark, wiping out the entire run's effort (blue-screen game crash, not just game end at the 40th minute which is what I expected). This also lets you break it up into 10-12 minute chunks, instead of the ~40 minute requirement in an endless run.

8 minutes ago, AntonLacon said:

This method is still better with T7 and the parts. My banquet halls runs topped out at 875k / run, which is a little more than 23,500 coin / minute. Endless banquet halls, at least for me, had the habit of crashing the game around the 39th minute mark, wiping out the entire run's effort (blue-screen game crash, not just game end at the 40th minute which is what I expected). This also lets you break it up into 10-12 minute chunks, instead of the ~40 minute requirement in an endless run.

No offense but I was around 22k reliably in banquet halls, that was with t5 Coin Forge, t2 Power Generators, no Wall building PhD and some other fuck ups back then. A good run made more coin of course. So you might have to consider that you weren't using optimal barricade and generator layouts if you only managed 23.500 per minute with those maxed out. I am not sure how high banquet halls could get with optimal layout and trap levels/parts, but I imagine it is not too far below the 27k I am averaging in Frostbite at the moment. Naturally you have to end a run before it reaches the critical endless time window and crashes.

Maybe I get the chance to test it out. The announcement promised a "copious" amount of currency once per day for the active players. While that may not directly help with Empty Pockets, tons of gold means you can get many chests, meaning progress for traps and gibs for trap chests, so maybe it is enough for me to max the coin traps and play around with it more. I hope they are actually generous enough with that stuff for it to make a difference.

Actually that does not even seem necessary anymore. I did not find my exact layout, but this video I have found on youtube comes very close to what I was doing in Banquet Halls, his traps are also maxed so he probably answers the question already:

Considering the time and the coin he got, he is between 29k and 29,5k coin per minute. I saw more than one fuck up just jumping through the video and he most likely has done no research on when his luck potions give the most coin. He does not show what parts are in his traps aside from the floor scorcher trap so perhaps there is room for improvement too, especially if you switch the traps with other traps that have more bounty generators. I would not be surprised if you can get 30k or more by just optimising this strategy a bit more. You are of course free to try that one for yourself, maybe you reach the 30k.

14 hours ago, Nighcisama said:

Actually that does not even seem necessary anymore. I did not find my exact layout, but this video I have found on youtube comes very close to what I was doing in Banquet Halls, his traps are also maxed so he probably answers the question already:

Considering the time and the coin he got, he is between 29k and 29,5k coin per minute. I saw more than one fuck up just jumping through the video and he most likely has done no research on when his luck potions give the most coin. He does not show what parts are in his traps aside from the floor scorcher trap so perhaps there is room for improvement too, especially if you switch the traps with other traps that have more bounty generators. I would not be surprised if you can get 30k or more by just optimising this strategy a bit more. You are of course free to try that one for yourself, maybe you reach the 30k.

This is a pretty good option. They’ve started rolling out free currency. Let me know how the testing goes. 

6 hours ago, DanTheManGum said:

This is a pretty good option. They’ve started rolling out free currency. Let me know how the testing goes. 

I doubt that I will do any testing. I received the currency, maxed all traps, switched some parts and did a few improved runs on Frostbite. The quick time is down to 9 minutes, but I prefer the 10 minute strategy with the tunnel and a few extra Power generators I mentioned. I can reliably get 33k coins per minute on Frostbite now, 330k-340k coin in around 10 minutes depending on the amount of coin bags, even if something goes wrong with the portals or a mercenary prolonging the time I am still above the 30k per minute mark. The amount of time I have to grind the last 70% is therefore reduced by quite a bit, probably only around 75-80 hours now, which is a lot better than before.

Testing around in endless Banquet Hall on the other hand, even if it turns out to be more lucrative in the end, which I doubt, requires quite a bit of time and work, most likely wasting more than it is worth. Testing the ins and outs of a endless run is a lot tougher than a survival match, not to mention that the strategy I have used before is more stressful, slightly more risky and a single run needs much more time at once. So I probably just do the roughly 420 Frostbite runs needed to slay this mother of all grinds. If I really can't see that shit anymore after another milestone or two, perhaps I try out my old Banquet Hall setup with the improved traps. I let you know in any case, perhaps sharing some of our milestones isn't a bad idea, could help keeping up the morale.

I had deleted my comment from earlier, because I never got around to making the video. But there's also another method in the Falling Folly (i think that's the name of the map) that gets around 300,000 in about 11minutes. I know it's right around the range of what other people are showing... but thought I'd throw that in there to give some variety in case you get sick of doing the same map over and over.

Sorry, I can't remember exactly what I did on the map (since it's been several months)... but I'm sure other people could come up with a better build than I wold suggest anyway lol. I mostly just remember killing Money Bags (his name?) at the end and then killing myself over and over before the last wave ended.

I really wish I had recorded my gameplay of Banquet Hall, because I would get 1.5Mil on that whenever I did it.

Edited by Fish613

On 5/22/2018 at 4:54 PM, DanTheManGum said:

This method is faster than banquet halls endless. You’ll want maxed out brimstone, arcane ground and floor scorchers. Any other traps just help combo count for gold generation. Hope this helps any of you looking to try still for empty pockets. I’ll be checking back here to see if there’s any questions or you can message me on PSN: DanTheManGum.

Dan what parts do you have in your traps?

On 09/01/2019 at 0:21 AM, Nighcisama said:

I'm happy to see someone analysing what i did, because whem i came up with this method my creativity was exausted, i could not think of any changes anymore. I want to adress some ideias i saw about the video, so maybe someone can figure a better way. This method was inspired by other two videos that use banquet hall, in the  corner of the longest hall and are also on youtube.

1 - this setup was used only to get from 84% to 100% of the total coins. Whem i got every other trophy completed i was still at 24%, so i have spent 120 mi coin (60%) trying to perfect setups. Literaly tried everything in every map. In fact, i think this helped me to not get bored... Otherwise i don't know if i would be patient enough to do it.

2 - a lot of people use the coin per minute calculation to find good strategies but i can't stand the grind of 10 minutes of gameplay and them repeat. Also, my ps4 takes a lot of time to load and start these games, so i think every run is affected by this.

3 - you said that i fucked up a little, but it's not the case in every situation. This setup ensures that i'll never lose, even if i let some specific unstable rifts open and enemies passing. I did this so i can stay always at the choke point beating waves.

4 - i did some testing with the potion, and the results prove that it's completely random. I used it 5 times at every wave to have a better understanding, and with this setup the waves in wich i got the most coin are the ones i used in the video.

5 - you say that maybe some other traps may improve but as far as i remeber i tested every trap possible and this setup got the best results. This is also linked to the account level, because i am pretty much using only Dobin as a source of damage. Diferent traps never got consistent results to hold waves past wave 25.

I also want to point out that the top number i got with this setup was 1,249,000 coin spent. Results were not always consistent, always between 1,050,000 and 1,210,000 in most cases.

Please, report here if you find any improvement to my setup. I spent a lot of time trying and noting numbers, and another brain is always the best option to improve something someone worked in a lot o time.

Also, this guy that got 1,5 mi could share a little about his setup, i'm excited to know because i can't even think of a way to get there.

And sorry for my speed gonzalez english.

• Like 4

Seems like I vastly underestimated the amount of thought and effort you put into that strategy, my apologies. Well if you actually compared the extra coin you can get with potions, or just the normal coin income per wave without any bonus, then there is not much left there to test out. Traps can generate more coin with the right parts obviously. Bounty parts are obvious, but they are capped and more than 3 or 4 are not doing anything. I also realized that puttin in multiple combo generators, despite the wiki claiming otherwise, actually does improve the combo counter by quite a lot and therefore gives more coin. I regularly have 9 and even occasional 10 combos on Frostbite with Dobbin, even at times when I am just walking around or placing traps I get the "highest trap combo 10" notification in a match, and that happens on gates with only 7 different trap types, so maybe this can improve things a bit.

What I did in Banquet Hall was similar to your strategy, as I already mentioned. I was splitting enemy waves though, forcing one to run through the Guardian and another to go past south of the guardian, placing 2 Coin Generator traps in total and prolonging the enemies way to the rift a bit more with extra barricades to make up for it. I am willing to bet it can make slightly more coin than your strategy, but I have to admit that it was not ideal because a unlucky rift could end up forcing me to end a run earlier than wave 30, and the way I had to run to kill Dynamite Archers and go back was longer too. This is one of the main reasons I prefer Frostbite now, even if I fuck up I only lose about 1-2k coin per minute in a 10 minute match, that is basically nothing as I am still above 30k with that, I also spend a good amount of time just placing traps, running around the map or going through tunnels, which is less tedious to me than repeating the same action on one spot for half an hour. I was thinking about testing things a bit further in Banquet Hall at some point, but if you put in as much effort as you said, and I believe you when you say that, then I highly doubt that anything I do will lead to significant improvements that could even remotely justify the time I would have to put in.

So, seems like the only way to improve our coin per minute above around 33k is if the guy who claimed to get 1,5M in less than 40 minutes shares some more details with us.

Edited by Nighcisama
  • Like 1

You are right about the combo generator... If you can get combos at 8x and above, the final coin spent is always higher; that's why i ended up with this very strange selection, they have a really good sinergy.

The floor schorchers, i think, are the most important trap, along with the spitters, because they help a lot to generate coin bags. Whithout all that fire you get 100~150k less coin.

Thinking about this now i see that it was actualy fun to do this achievement. I've spent so much time testing ideias that whem i came with a good setup it was almost done.

If Fish613 explains his strategy i might reinstall the game to try it.

On 1/10/2019 at 0:27 PM, BTHRZeroX said:

Dan what parts do you have in your traps?

Combo generators, double spring, subsidized parts, and bounty generators. I use 1 kinetic resonator and some unchained and fire resonators. The resonators I’m sure could use tweaking but I just don’t care enough to find out more at this point. I’m hitting the 303-309k at about 9:30-9:40 so that’s good enough for me. 

Just reached the 40% milestone. I did around 2% each day for the last week because I had a lot of free time, and wanted to abuse the fact that I still am somewhat motivated at this point. I really doubt I can keep up this speed though, both in terms of free time and motivation. I will probably try to reach 50% as soon as possible, and then take a longer break to recharge my batteries a bit and be more productive with my time. Once the break is over, I will make a marathon and see how far that will take me.

My strategy did not change all that much, I only replaced some traps to have more room for 3-4 extra Power generators on Gate 4, and I now place 2 Arcane Bowling traps at the beginning instead of 1. Still averaging between 32k and 33k coin per minute, it only becomes less when a Bouncer Bear rams me into the water and it only becomes more when I get super lucky with coin bags and unstable rifts.

1 hour ago, Nighcisama said:

Just reached the 40% milestone. I did around 2% each day for the last week because I had a lot of free time, and wanted to abuse the fact that I still am somewhat motivated at this point. I really doubt I can keep up this speed though, both in terms of free time and motivation. I will probably try to reach 50% as soon as possible, and then take a longer break to recharge my batteries a bit and be more productive with my time. Once the break is over, I will make a marathon and see how far that will take me.

My strategy did not change all that much, I only replaced some traps to have more room for 3-4 extra Power generators on Gate 4, and I now place 2 Arcane Bowling traps at the beginning instead of 1. Still averaging between 32k and 33k coin per minute, it only becomes less when a Bouncer Bear rams me into the water and it only becomes more when I get super lucky with coin bags and unstable rifts.

Good luck on your remaking amount. I’ve been trudging at 1% a day. Trying to make it habit forming rather than rely on motivation. So far so good. I need to complete 50% more. 

Did anyone else lose a little bit though? My friend was up to 20%, hasn’t played in a while but he came back for the closure and was at 16%. I also thought I was about 2% lower than when I left. Could just be our minds not remembering quite as clearly. 

1 hour ago, DanTheManGum said:

Good luck on your remaking amount. I’ve been trudging at 1% a day. Trying to make it habit forming rather than rely on motivation. So far so good. I need to complete 50% more. 

Did anyone else lose a little bit though? My friend was up to 20%, hasn’t played in a while but he came back for the closure and was at 16%. I also thought I was about 2% lower than when I left. Could just be our minds not remembering quite as clearly. 

Perhaps I try that too with the 1% or 1-2 matches a day during the break time, but I have to do something other than Frostbite then or else I will get fed up with it. I have not noticed the percentage going down so far, but I have the feeling that I am getting fewer coin bags on average. Could be that they are just much closer together because the overall amount of coin I get per match is not noticeably smaller, but I could swear that I am seeing less coin bags. Sometimes I also throw a match with Max in to get some variety, even though it gives slightly less coin the matches finish faster on average and are much less stressful without all the coin bag hunting.

My rotation is pretty effective at the moment: 

15 games of Frostbite a day.

Usually I only need 13 for 2% progression.

So sometimes I do more then 15 games,

sometimes less. But It doesn't get boring this way. 

I can do a couple of games in the morning, maybe a couple in the afternoon when I am home from work,

and I finsish the rest while my dinner is in the microwave at evening or just before I go to bed. 

You can also get motivated by giving yourself something every 5 games. Like candy. 

And if you mix in some marathon days, like playing 50 games, with a break every 10 games - it feels a little bit faster. 

Also, the higher your account level, to faster you can complete it,

so the more you do the rotation, the less time you will need.

I needed 4 hours for 15 games in the beginning of my grinding.

Now I can easily do it in 3hours 30 minutes. 

• Like 2

I just hit the 50% mark. My goal now is to reach 75% within a month, which is a bit less than 1% per day, and the last 25% will be done as quickly as possible so that I am done before the start of march. I ran out of things to improve by now, so the last 300 times I have to do this map will be pretty much the same thing.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, WaddysWDS said:

Hello, has anyone managed to control the one million system in 40 minutes? As much as I try, I can not, there comes a time about wave 15 or 17 where the avalanche of enemies is so great that it is impossible.

Remember your level matters here, because the higher your level the more damage you will do to the enemies. (hero damage) I have the same issue around round 18 I'm getting destroyed. 

I recommend grind all the other trophies first to gain some more levels, then go back to endless and farm as much as you can, the 10k traps, 100k kills, 500 boss kills, and destroying rift portals will camo along here. after a huge grind, you can go back to rift lord, being a high level will only help you out there. then you should have little more money to grind for the platinum^^ 

Edited by Yuichiro-Akuhei
  • Like 2