Empty Pockets farming method - faster than endless banquet halls

I would be interested to know the highest coin per minute someone managed to earn on Frostbite. My last game was rather lucky with coin bags and managed to get 375k in 10:13, so 36700 coin per minute, a value I never would have believed to be realistic a month ago. Anyone managed to get a better result? Especially curious about Dans results since he posted the new strategy.

Been there, done that. Having a hard time to decide which mercenary is the most annoying. Bouncer Bear has not managed to kill me in forever, neither did the assassin, so I guess the Dwarf takes the crown for potentially fucking up the match time with his bullshit invincibility shield, and the Gnoll bum for perma slowing and fucking up the tunnel travel on occasions.

Actually tried to make a video of my improved strategy because I exchange information with a few people per pm on how to maximize coin on Frostbite and the strategy pretty much combines all working tips I have learned over hundreds of matches with all the tips they have learned. Thought they deserved a video because some great ideas, like using the Boom Barrel Roller the way I do now, were not my own. Would have shared it here too, but I can't seem to get this piece of shit ps4 video recording to work properly so I quickly gave up on it again. That crap does not do what it is supposed to, even following guides it just randomly stops recording mid match, or it just recorded parts. I am about to go to town on the last 10% of this horrible grind and expect to be done with it in like 2 days. Therefore I have decided to not bother with anything that annoys me more at this point, so sorry for not being able to provide more than statistic screenshots and maybe some written tips about how to improve things.

If it helps, the maximizing of coins was more a way for me to have some fun and does not actually have any significant impact on the overall grind duration. Even if you manage to get a constant 355k-375k like me since I switched to this strategy, if you are not close to the beginning of the grind you won't even save a noticeable number of matches. So I guess NekoRave is the only guy actually being affected by this, sorry pal.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Nighcisama said:

I would be interested to know the highest coin per minute someone managed to earn on Frostbite. My last game was rather lucky with coin bags and managed to get 375k in 10:13, so 36700 coin per minute, a value I never would have believed to be realistic a month ago. Anyone managed to get a better result? Especially curious about Dans results since he posted the new strategy.

My earlier picture of 356k in 9:35 is 37147 coins per minute. I don’t know if that’s my best, it’s just the one I took a pic of to show the spread. Realistically though most of the gold/minute combo is down to rifts and mercenaries. There are things that could edge but they’re all luck dependent. Replacing the health root with firewall bracers or ring of storms could nudge up as those items add to the combo count. They also add damage though and between traps and your own attacks, it’d be a random spread.

Congratulations to everyone nearing the end of their grind. Developing and refining this strategy has really kept the game interesting enough for me to want to finish it. I’m at 76% currently and still trudging away at 1% a day but the end is getting closer all the time. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DanTheManGum said:

My earlier picture of 356k in 9:35 is 37147 coins per minute. I don’t know if that’s my best, it’s just the one I took a pic of to show the spread. Realistically though most of the gold/minute combo is down to rifts and mercenaries. There are things that could edge but they’re all luck dependent. Replacing the health root with firewall bracers or ring of storms could nudge up as those items add to the combo count. They also add damage though and between traps and your own attacks, it’d be a random spread.

Congratulations to everyone nearing the end of their grind. Developing and refining this strategy has really kept the game interesting enough for me to want to finish it. I’m at 76% currently and still trudging away at 1% a day but the end is getting closer all the time. 

Yeah I have have resulted to having music or comedy shows on in the back ground to help me through xD and I just noticed I passed your old highscore Dan

• Like 1

8 hours ago, NekoRave said:

I haven't slept 5:30am rn

I just played nonstop for a few hours starting the grind all night.

7% atm

I'll do the rift stuff tomorrow and continue the gold grind.

Time to bang out this game without sleeping.

I can't wait till this is over I'm making hell of a run since 2/4/19.

4 trophies left

Rooting for you. Be sure you aren’t sitting all that time. No reason to die from blood clots for a plat. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Metal Slime King said:

Congrats @Nighcisama! How many milliseconds after syncing your trophies did it take to delete the game? :awesome:

My body reacted on its own and I already had the finger on the delete button before I even fully understood what happened. But I came to my senses in time and actually kept the game on my system for now. That is in case anyone needs help with a 5 star map, or has trouble getting a good Frostbite run coordinated, maybe I will jump in then. Also, the game is impossible to download now as far as I know, so maybe I keep it on forever if I don't need the space from it.

Something I forgot out of excitement while making my previous post. The last thing I did in the game was looking up my statistics. I played 1069 games, and during these , 864.900 Minions had to die in order to get the platinum for me. Stopping with less than 1 million casualties might annoy me slightly, but thankfully I will soon have no way to look that statistic up so I shall endure it.

Edited by Nighcisama
grammar
  • Like 1

On 13.2.2019 at 2:33 PM, NekoRave said:

I haven't slept 5:30am rn

I just played nonstop for a few hours starting the grind all night.

7% atm

I'll do the rift stuff tomorrow and continue the gold grind.

Time to bang out this game without sleeping.

I can't wait till this is over I'm making hell of a run since 2/4/19.

4 trophies left

I wouldn't overdo it, believe me .. I am happy with 2% a day in the week and 5% a day at weekends.

Just take ur time .. there is still almost 2 month left and it's not like you have to make yourself unhappy with that :P

Congratz Nighcisama :)

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, NekoRave said:

Dynamite after dust plus luck potion.

Hope that helps bud.

Basically what I've been doing. Every now and then it drops quite a few, but usually only 1 or maybe 2 and half the time they're off the edge of the bridges. I'm rank 68 and find I get frozen a lot and die when I go to pick up the dynamite, perhaps I just need to rank up more to get more health and damage output.

9 hours ago, Executioner0 said:

Basically what I've been doing. Every now and then it drops quite a few, but usually only 1 or maybe 2 and half the time they're off the edge of the bridges. I'm rank 68 and find I get frozen a lot and die when I go to pick up the dynamite, perhaps I just need to rank up more to get more health and damage output.

I had the same problem, of course level is important... but if you watch @DanTheManGum video, i was doing something wrong, not waiting to hit several objectives. Use dust, use dynamite (unleashe if u can), and now... wait, just hit one or two enemies, and use dynamite... and always, always with dust. Good Luck

14 hours ago, Executioner0 said:

Avoid deaths at all cost. Don’t go for coin bags or anything if you’ll die from it. You might play Max until you level up a bit. Although a lot of my gold is from bags and dobbins free 8k, you’ll easily be losing out if you die and don’t maintain your 10%. You might also change out your traits to help your survivability. 

• Like 1

On 2/17/2019 at 8:50 PM, NekoRave said:

21% increase from my 7% 4 days ago.

Let's see what I can do by next Tuesday!

You’re crazy! I’ve got 16% to go. Hoping to end my grind this weekend but we’ll see if I have enough playtime to finish by then. Hopefully we see ~10 more people get it done! Good luck all. Stay sane. 

• Like 3

I can mange over 300K pretty well every time now, but it's taking me 15-18 minutes depending on merc spawns. I can get 600K in Banquet Halls in about 25 mins, so it's pretty similar coin per minute for me and I'm alternating between the 2 methods. Money bags are so random, sometimes you get zero, other times you get 10, but I am getting many more than I was before since I started standing just in front of the dust cloud and running to collect them when safe.

5 hours ago, Executioner0 said:

I can mange over 300K pretty well every time now, but it's taking me 15-18 minutes depending on merc spawns. I can get 600K in Banquet Halls in about 25 mins, so it's pretty similar coin per minute for me and I'm alternating between the 2 methods. Money bags are so random, sometimes you get zero, other times you get 10, but I am getting many more than I was before since I started standing just in front of the dust cloud and running to collect them when safe.

Use the Potions art Wave 1, 5, 8, 10, and 12 for a higher payout. I have been getting 325k min this way.

On 05/02/2019 at 10:11 PM, DanTheManGum said:

Video is up with my updated method. This run is for 359k with a time of 9:50. Also, I forgot to build a tunnel! Told you all I’m bad at tunnel jumping. Alright everyone, fine tune it and let’s see if we can push it higher. 

can somebody compile the most important tips to improve efficiency, into 1 cohesive post? I've skimmed the last couple pages, so I have a general idea, but some details would be nice. 

I've barely started the trophies; still need most miscs and 5-stars, so I'd appreciate some guidance to use my time efficiently. Some additional questions:

1. Should i grind coin to account level 70+ before attempting Rift Lord maps? or can i do these maps well below lv70 since I've every trap at tier 7? it's pretty frustrating how stat boosts are skewed towards high levels... (a lv100 has 4x more dmg and 2x more HP than a lv1, but improvements are negligible until lv50+) 

2. What is the best loadout for 5 stars? (hero, guardians, consumables, upgrades, traps, parts, traits)

I'm told that Max is the best char for 5-stars. So assuming that's true, what's the best upgrade path for him? And what are the best traps & such? There are guides out there, but they intentionally use mediocre traps to demonstrate how F2P players can still achieve 5-stars. I only care about what works best

that's all for now. any & all advice is appreciated

• 2 weeks later...

Near the end of the match you kill yourself then buy your way back into the match immediately by hitting :triangle:. It costs around half of the money you have so you can blast through your money pretty quick by repeatedly dying and buying back in. Look for an area you can jump into the water for an instant death.

• Like 1