DanTheManGum

Empty Pockets farming method - faster than endless banquet halls

133 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Nighcisama said:

So I will be reaching the 80% milestone today, can't say right now how far I will go in this session because I am unsure how long I can force myself to grind. However I am getting more and more sure that the game is falling apart. I have witnessed an increasing number of bugs and issues during the last few percent. Enemies look like they are made out of rubber sometimes (insanely long strechted limbs on dead enemies), numbers often don't add up correctly anymore, combos don't get quite as high anymore, Unchained sometimes does not reset cd, wrong item gets used despite not being active, animations don't get shown ect. The weekly challenge is a few days overdue to get changed as well, so my guess is that they stopped doing whatever kept the game in an ok state and it will possibly go downhill from here. If you can, try finishing this thing fast to avoid the worst case scenario of the game breaking down entirely, because I doubt they would make the effort to fix it at this point.

Also, if you suddenly suffer from getting much less coin on average, try switching your traps. I have fallen from making 350k average per round to 335k average. I haven't changed any traps, parts or strategies but I am still getting less. I then switched the cursed ground with Viscous Tar, changed the direction of the Scorchers and switched the Zapper with Boom Barrel Roller, and with that I am somehow back in the 350k range despite the same change not making any noticeable difference in the past. It is all a bit weird at the moment, at least for me.

This was my ultimate concern as well whenever the “you didn’t close your previous game” issue popped up. I hope they at least hold up until the end for everyone. 

6 hours ago, Nighcisama said:

Also, if you suddenly suffer from getting much less coin on average, try switching your traps. I have fallen from making 350k average per round to 335k average. I haven't changed any traps, parts or strategies but I am still getting less. I then switched the cursed ground with Viscous Tar, changed the direction of the Scorchers and switched the Zapper with Boom Barrel Roller, and with that I am somehow back in the 350k range despite the same change not making any noticeable difference in the past. It is all a bit weird at the moment, at least for me.

Now this I have seen so much, what I do is not switch traps but I play a different map with a different character and then switch back.

It is something to do with the generation of coin bags.

As for the rubber banding of enemies I have had that since day ones which cause issues for me is I have had the perk screen stuck on the side of my screen so I could not use the direction pad, which locked me out of using the potions.

I funny one I had with DOT Damage add coloured strips to the enemies which were either Orange or Purple. based on cursed grounds or the brimstone.

https://imgur.com/o6d4xeb

Here a result picture of the buggiest match to date. I've suddenly, without even being near any traps, had a 12 combo, something I am sure never happened before in hundreds of matches, yet my combo money is slightly lower than usual for some reason. The ground around Dobbin was a constant metallic looking blue color, and there were many green colored stripes around him as well. There was also one enemy getting stuck in a wall so he became impossible to damage with anything other than Dynamite, took me more than 30 seconds to take this guy out. Last but not least there were a few occasions when a effect popped up near me, looked like a water effect of some sorts. There are more bugs happening than before on average, but this round was worse than usual and I hope it was an exception.

Almost done with the game story wise so I can start the grind for money.

If anyone can help me run through master and rift so I can quickly get on the gold id highly appreciate it.

I'm doing the best I can starting late but so far I did all the hero stuff and its down to stars and grind atm.

I'm hoping to catch up and do 20 million gold a day.

Anyways I'll be on a lot so I'll check back here occasionally.

Wish everyone luck for the platinum

7 hours ago, NekoRave said:

I'm hoping to catch up and do 20 million gold a day.

10% a day? That's ambitious. I've been doing 3-4% a day and that's about all I can take.

3 hours ago, Metal Slime King said:

10% a day? That's ambitious. I've been doing 3-4% a day and that's about all I can take.

Yeah I'm trying to do the gold this week maybe get 70% done.

I haven't tried it out yet but once I get the method down monday-friday and the very least doing 10am-11pm shifts right after work

18 hours ago, NekoRave said:

Yeah I'm trying to do the gold this week maybe get 70% done.

I haven't tried it out yet but once I get the method down monday-friday and the very least doing 10am-11pm shifts right after work

Depending on loading times a 10/11 min match is around 14 - 15 mins. So that is 4/5 matches an hour, at 325k flat that is 1,300,000 and hour at minimum. which would mean you would need just under 1 1/2 hours would be 1%.

So wanting to do 10% a day is a big grind man, that at the lowest time scale is around 12 hours a day at 350k each match and great load times.

1 hour ago, BTHRZeroX said:

Depending on loading times a 10/11 min match is around 14 - 15 mins. So that is 4/5 matches an hour, at 325k flat that is 1,300,000 and hour at minimum. which would mean you would need just under 1 1/2 hours would be 1%.

So wanting to do 10% a day is a big grind man, that at the lowest time scale is around 12 hours a day at 350k each match and great load times.

Yeah its roughly what I plan to do, on my days off maybe 16-18

I would be interested to know the highest coin per minute someone managed to earn on Frostbite. My last game was rather lucky with coin bags and managed to get 375k in 10:13, so 36700 coin per minute, a value I never would have believed to be realistic a month ago. Anyone managed to get a better result? Especially curious about Dans results since he posted the new strategy.

I don't match the times you guys are posting on Frostbite but I can't not take the extra time needed to nudge Bouncer Bear's corpse off a bridge at every single opportunity.

Been there, done that. Having a hard time to decide which mercenary is the most annoying. Bouncer Bear has not managed to kill me in forever, neither did the assassin, so I guess the Dwarf takes the crown for potentially fucking up the match time with his bullshit invincibility shield, and the Gnoll bum for perma slowing and fucking up the tunnel travel on occasions.

Actually tried to make a video of my improved strategy because I exchange information with a few people per pm on how to maximize coin on Frostbite and the strategy pretty much combines all working tips I have learned over hundreds of matches with all the tips they have learned. Thought they deserved a video because some great ideas, like using the Boom Barrel Roller the way I do now, were not my own. Would have shared it here too, but I can't seem to get this piece of shit ps4 video recording to work properly so I quickly gave up on it again. That crap does not do what it is supposed to, even following guides it just randomly stops recording mid match, or it just recorded parts. I am about to go to town on the last 10% of this horrible grind and expect to be done with it in like 2 days. Therefore I have decided to not bother with anything that annoys me more at this point, so sorry for not being able to provide more than statistic screenshots and maybe some written tips about how to improve things.

If it helps, the maximizing of coins was more a way for me to have some fun and does not actually have any significant impact on the overall grind duration. Even if you manage to get a constant 355k-375k like me since I switched to this strategy, if you are not close to the beginning of the grind you won't even save a noticeable number of matches. So I guess NekoRave is the only guy actually being affected by this, sorry pal.

Its all good, even if its a longer grind I'll just put in the work.

Thanks for the tips and vids.

Good luck on the plat everyone

11 hours ago, Nighcisama said:

I would be interested to know the highest coin per minute someone managed to earn on Frostbite. My last game was rather lucky with coin bags and managed to get 375k in 10:13, so 36700 coin per minute, a value I never would have believed to be realistic a month ago. Anyone managed to get a better result? Especially curious about Dans results since he posted the new strategy.

My earlier picture of 356k in 9:35 is 37147 coins per minute. I don’t know if that’s my best, it’s just the one I took a pic of to show the spread. Realistically though most of the gold/minute combo is down to rifts and mercenaries. There are things that could edge but they’re all luck dependent. Replacing the health root with firewall bracers or ring of storms could nudge up as those items add to the combo count. They also add damage though and between traps and your own attacks, it’d be a random spread.

Congratulations to everyone nearing the end of their grind. Developing and refining this strategy has really kept the game interesting enough for me to want to finish it. I’m at 76% currently and still trudging away at 1% a day but the end is getting closer all the time. 

5 minutes ago, DanTheManGum said:

My earlier picture of 356k in 9:35 is 37147 coins per minute. I don’t know if that’s my best, it’s just the one I took a pic of to show the spread. Realistically though most of the gold/minute combo is down to rifts and mercenaries. There are things that could edge but they’re all luck dependent. Replacing the health root with firewall bracers or ring of storms could nudge up as those items add to the combo count. They also add damage though and between traps and your own attacks, it’d be a random spread.

Congratulations to everyone nearing the end of their grind. Developing and refining this strategy has really kept the game interesting enough for me to want to finish it. I’m at 76% currently and still trudging away at 1% a day but the end is getting closer all the time. 

Yeah I have have resulted to having music or comedy shows on in the back ground to help me through xD and I just noticed I passed your old highscore Dan

I haven't slept 5:30am rn

I just played nonstop for a few hours starting the grind all night.

7% atm

I'll do the rift stuff tomorrow and continue the gold grind.

Time to bang out this game without sleeping.

I can't wait till this is over I'm making hell of a run since 2/4/19.

4 trophies left

8 hours ago, NekoRave said:

7% atm

4 trophies left

Rooting for you. Be sure you aren’t sitting all that time. No reason to die from blood clots for a plat. 

3 hours ago, Metal Slime King said:

Congrats @Nighcisama! How many milliseconds after syncing your trophies did it take to delete the game? :awesome:

My body reacted on its own and I already had the finger on the delete button before I even fully understood what happened. But I came to my senses in time and actually kept the game on my system for now. That is in case anyone needs help with a 5 star map, or has trouble getting a good Frostbite run coordinated, maybe I will jump in then. Also, the game is impossible to download now as far as I know, so maybe I keep it on forever if I don't need the space from it.

Something I forgot out of excitement while making my previous post. The last thing I did in the game was looking up my statistics. I played 1069 games, and during these , 864.900 Minions had to die in order to get the platinum for me. Stopping with less than 1 million casualties might annoy me slightly, but thankfully I will soon have no way to look that statistic up so I shall endure it.

Edited by Nighcisama
grammar

On 13.2.2019 at 2:33 PM, NekoRave said:

7% atm

4 trophies left

I wouldn't overdo it, believe me .. I am happy with 2% a day in the week and 5% a day at weekends.

Just take ur time .. there is still almost 2 month left and it's not like you have to make yourself unhappy with that :P

Congratz Nighcisama :)

6 hours ago, jayboo1991 said:

I wouldn't overdo it, believe me .. I am happy with 2% a day in the week and 5% a day at weekends.

Just take ur time .. there is still almost 2 month left and it's not like you have to make yourself unhappy with that :P

Congratz Nighcisama :)

I'm doing it in 11 days.

11 stream today

14 hour tomorrow

And even a 36 hour stream.

So I'm going to go hard at this so I can do drawn to death possibly.

Good luck on the plat

My coin bag drop rate even in the dust cloud is pathetic, lucky if I get 2 coin bags in the first wave, maybe 25 for the whole match, anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong?

11 minutes ago, Executioner0 said:

My coin bag drop rate even in the dust cloud is pathetic, lucky if I get 2 coin bags in the first wave, maybe 25 for the whole match, anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Dynamite after dust plus luck potion.

Hope that helps bud.

I'm streaming 20 hours tonight 

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UC3vHCmL78oNlkNVXo9B63IQ

In 25 minutes it starts if you want to watch how I do it.