Empty Pockets farming method - faster than endless banquet halls

3 hours ago, Metal Slime King said:

Near the end of the match you kill yourself then buy your way back into the match immediately by hitting :triangle:. It costs around half of the money you have so you can blast through your money pretty quick by repeatedly dying and buying back in. Look for an area you can jump into the water for an instant death.

Dude, you are awesome. Thank you very much!

4 minutes ago, NekoRave said:

Congrats man!

32% atm, need to play it more I have been working a lot and doing drawn to death.

I'll wrap this up in two weeks 

Insane to me you started so late and are already that far. Is drawn to death closing down too?

• Like 1

On 2/5/2019 at 7:11 PM, DanTheManGum said:

Video is up with my updated method. This run is for 359k with a time of 9:50. Also, I forgot to build a tunnel! Told you all I’m bad at tunnel jumping. Alright everyone, fine tune it and let’s see if we can push it higher. 

Would love to see which parts you used for each trap! Thank you for the method!

18 hours ago, NastyNeezer said:

Would love to see which parts you used for each trap! Thank you for the method!

For pretty much every trap that has the slots that can take it, high priority to these:

Bounty Generator

Combo Generator

Fire Resonator

Debilitation Resonator

Kinetic Resonator

Charging Spring

Double Spring

Heat Activated Trigger

Subsidized Parts

A sample of what I did on my traps:

Brimstone: Bounty Generator, Fire Resonator, Charging Spring

Cursed Ground: Bounty Generator, Debilitation Resonator, Double Spring

Floor Scorcher: Fire Resonator, Charging Spring, Heat Activated Trigger

Naphtha Sprayer: Subsidized Parts, Bounty Generator, Heat Activated Trigger

Arcane Bowling Ball: Kinetic Resonator, Double Spring, Subsidized Parts

Power Generator: Bounty Generator, Subsidized Parts, Bounty Generator

(Depending on what you do based on Dan's videos and the availability of what traps you have)

Shock Zapper: Fire Resonator, Charging Spring, Combo Generator

Lightning Rod: Subsidized Parts, Short Spring (the re-fire penalty isn't really a big deal for these), Combo Generator
Great Wall: Revenge Rune, Subsidized Parts, Double Struts

The majority of the parts I used combo into other traps that are meant to debuff enemies, increase combo counts or increase damage. You get more coin on combo kills so you would want to kill everything as fast as possible with the highest combo count possible. The longer something stays alive, the lower the combo count becomes due to resets. The big one is Bounty Generator. I highly recommend opening premium part chests until you get all the Bounty Generators you need. It was the difference of 30k for me in my runs.

--

Doing each run based on Dan's videos:

Under Tier 7 Traps (because they don't kill as fast): I averaged about 180k

Tier 7 Traps: I averaged about 190-200k

Tier 7 Traps with bad parts not optimized for these runs: 210k

Tier 7 Traps with all Bounty Generators and optimized parts: 250k

Tier 7 Traps with all Bounty Generators and optimized parts AND using EXP Potion and Luck Potions: 290k

Tier 7 Traps with all Bounty Generators and optimized parts AND using EXP Potion and Luck Potions AND dragging mobs into Power Generators: 300-310k

All the above while using Unchained at the right moments AND killing everything as fast as possible, maximizing Luck Potion: 315-320k

Running Dan's new video with proper barricades pushing mobs into Power Generators: 330-360k

You pretty much have to do everything like I had mentioned, otherwise you get vastly different numbers (as you can see how I listed them) from my experience.

I keep Ring of Storms and Fire Wall Bracers over the Teleportation Ring and Mending Root for combo generation.

I've also been playing around with not using Arcane Bowling Ball. There's really only 1 spot that is effective for it: The very first placement Dan does in his videos.
During the 3rd Entrance break, the two that he places is too high to be useful.

I opted to move those two particular Arcane Bowling Ball to using just one on the backside of the Stablehand Guardian near the teleportor, 1 grid up so that it shoots at the same level of any enemies coming through. Basically, the Arcane Bowling Ball fires a shot directly behind the Stablehand Guardian, it goes through him and hits any mobs that manages to round the corner into him. Other than that, there aren't really any other spots that are great for these.

I've actually started to do these runs with Lightning Rod's simply for combo generation, consistency and pricing. Though, I am also playing around with putting Tar / Vicious Tar Traps with 2 Bounty Generators each.

I kept the EXP Potions over the Caffeination Potion and I run Has Ultimate Set of Tools and Overachiever over the Arcane and Fire sales as this setup works better for me and has consistent returns in each match. Doing a bad run where you get something stupid like Chaotic Kobold or a combo like Dwarf Priest + anyone, the setup I have will at worst, always net me 300-310k. If I have a perfect run where nothing goes wrong, I hit every Unchained at the right time, I take full advantage of killing mobs with Luck Potions (because I'm killing so fast), I can get above 360k. I once even hit 372k.

I even purchase an extra Stablehand Guardian in the middle area between the two entrances so I can catch Chaotic Kobold running through.

--

Just a sample of what I did using Dan's methods. Not saying what I did is better, it just happens to work for me more consistently given certain factors and observations. To say the least, following those videos with optimized parts and high level traps will definitely net you above 300k every 10-12 minutes, hands down.

4 hours ago, ShianKiri said:

For pretty much every trap that has the slots that can take it, high priority to these:

Bounty Generator

Combo Generator

Fire Resonator

Debilitation Resonator

Kinetic Resonator

Charging Spring

Double Spring

Heat Activated Trigger

Subsidized Parts

A sample of what I did on my traps:

Brimstone: Bounty Generator, Fire Resonator, Charging Spring

Cursed Ground: Bounty Generator, Debilitation Resonator, Double Spring

Floor Scorcher: Fire Resonator, Charging Spring, Heat Activated Trigger

Naphtha Sprayer: Subsidized Parts, Bounty Generator, Heat Activated Trigger

Arcane Bowling Ball: Kinetic Resonator, Double Spring, Subsidized Parts

Power Generator: Bounty Generator, Subsidized Parts, Bounty Generator

(Depending on what you do based on Dan's videos and the availability of what traps you have)

Shock Zapper: Fire Resonator, Charging Spring, Combo Generator

Lightning Rod: Subsidized Parts, Short Spring (the re-fire penalty isn't really a big deal for these), Combo Generator
Great Wall: Revenge Rune, Subsidized Parts, Double Struts

The majority of the parts I used combo into other traps that are meant to debuff enemies, increase combo counts or increase damage. You get more coin on combo kills so you would want to kill everything as fast as possible with the highest combo count possible. The longer something stays alive, the lower the combo count becomes due to resets. The big one is Bounty Generator. I highly recommend opening premium part chests until you get all the Bounty Generators you need. It was the difference of 30k for me in my runs.

--

Doing each run based on Dan's videos:

Under Tier 7 Traps (because they don't kill as fast): I averaged about 180k

Tier 7 Traps: I averaged about 190-200k

Tier 7 Traps with bad parts not optimized for these runs: 210k

Tier 7 Traps with all Bounty Generators and optimized parts: 250k

Tier 7 Traps with all Bounty Generators and optimized parts AND using EXP Potion and Luck Potions: 290k

Tier 7 Traps with all Bounty Generators and optimized parts AND using EXP Potion and Luck Potions AND dragging mobs into Power Generators: 300-310k

All the above while using Unchained at the right moments AND killing everything as fast as possible, maximizing Luck Potion: 315-320k

Running Dan's new video with proper barricades pushing mobs into Power Generators: 330-360k

You pretty much have to do everything like I had mentioned, otherwise you get vastly different numbers (as you can see how I listed them) from my experience.

I keep Ring of Storms and Fire Wall Bracers over the Teleportation Ring and Mending Root for combo generation.

I've also been playing around with not using Arcane Bowling Ball. There's really only 1 spot that is effective for it: The very first placement Dan does in his videos.
During the 3rd Entrance break, the two that he places is too high to be useful.

I opted to move those two particular Arcane Bowling Ball to using just one on the backside of the Stablehand Guardian near the teleportor, 1 grid up so that it shoots at the same level of any enemies coming through. Basically, the Arcane Bowling Ball fires a shot directly behind the Stablehand Guardian, it goes through him and hits any mobs that manages to round the corner into him. Other than that, there aren't really any other spots that are great for these.

I've actually started to do these runs with Lightning Rod's simply for combo generation, consistency and pricing. Though, I am also playing around with putting Tar / Vicious Tar Traps with 2 Bounty Generators each.

I kept the EXP Potions over the Caffeination Potion and I run Has Ultimate Set of Tools and Overachiever over the Arcane and Fire sales as this setup works better for me and has consistent returns in each match. Doing a bad run where you get something stupid like Chaotic Kobold or a combo like Dwarf Priest + anyone, the setup I have will at worst, always net me 300-310k. If I have a perfect run where nothing goes wrong, I hit every Unchained at the right time, I take full advantage of killing mobs with Luck Potions (because I'm killing so fast), I can get above 360k. I once even hit 372k.

I even purchase an extra Stablehand Guardian in the middle area between the two entrances so I can catch Chaotic Kobold running through.

--

Just a sample of what I did using Dan's methods. Not saying what I did is better, it just happens to work for me more consistently given certain factors and observations. To say the least, following those videos with optimized parts and high level traps will definitely net you above 300k every 10-12 minutes, hands down.

The bowling balls on 3 hit tall enemies. They aren’t meant for frost soldiers. If you have an unchained on wave 3 you can easily take out kobold or priest which is the only time mercenaries can cause issues really. 

What trap are you not using to utilize the shock zapper again? 

Also, what kind of times are you pulling down with your switches?

12 hours ago, DanTheManGum said:

The bowling balls on 3 hit tall enemies. They aren’t meant for frost soldiers. If you have an unchained on wave 3 you can easily take out kobold or priest which is the only time mercenaries can cause issues really. 

What trap are you not using to utilize the shock zapper again? 

Also, what kind of times are you pulling down with your switches?

In regards to Unchained on Wave 3, it's more that my Account Level isn't high enough to smack them down before they buff their mercenary partner.
Just to give you an idea of what that looks like: If I follow your setup 100%, with traits and everything and with the same timing, at Level 6 against that Unstable Rift on Wave 4, you're doing over 400 damage.

I do less than 200 damage. So there are circumstances with RNG when those Mercenaries spawn, the worst possible setup for me is actually not Chaotic Kobold because the guardians I have setup will kill them on their own, it's when the Dwarf Priest shows up. I can't do enough damage to him with Unchained to stop him from putting up a shield on his partner. So if his partner is anyone BUT Chaotic Kobold, it's a bad day all around for me (hence why I mentioned that a perfect run for me nets higher gains).

Using an account in the 80 range, it gets closer and closer to what you're seeing on your clears.
With my account at the 40 range, I can get the same coin results, but with worst times because I simply can't wave clear as fast, which was something I didn't consider when I wrote my post earlier.

With the switches I've done:
Using Shock Zapper/Arcane Bowling Ball/Lightning Rod doesn't change the time nor does it change the coin amount that much. It's within the same ranges that you've seen. What seems to matter is whether you get a combo or not to build up coin. Arcane Bowling Ball in that first spot is great because it just hits that entire line and it's a free +1 the entire game. It doesn't appear these particular changes made much of a difference.

It's the 3rd Entrance that really sucks. Like you said, tall enemies get smacked by it, but you lose all the combo generation upfront against the smaller enemies.

If I go with your recent video and substitute the Arcane Bowling Ball with Vicious Tar Traps, I do get higher coin, but my time goes up significantly. What would take me 10-12 (this depends on the mercenaries) minutes changes to 12-14 minutes because you're slowing these enemies down and end up not killing them as fast for higher coin numbers at the end (which isn't worth it). That's the one 375k I got, just taking full advantage of what I could, but I sacrifice clear time to do it.

A thought that I kind of had doing all of this is... if you take on average, 3 minutes to load/quit out of a game (on completion) and you finish the map in 10-12 minutes. You can only get about 4 games done in an hour because you're looking at a load/play time of 13-15 minutes.

300k to 360k at roughly a 13-15 minute completion rate (loads and everything), you're seeing about 1,200,000 to 1,440,000 an hour. That's around 0.7% every 1 hour. 2,000,000 is a full 1%.

If you can push your clear time to 7 to 8 minutes, you're going to see lower coin amounts (because you'll be around less to pickup money bags). But you're doing 6 games in an hour instead of 4.

Optimally, a clear time in the 7 to 8 minute range with a coin count higher than 200k will be the same thing as doing a 300k-360k run at 10 to 12 minutes.

At my Account Level (45-ish), the fastest clear I was able to do was 8:12 with 290k coin at the end.

TL;DR

The switches with Arcane Bowling Ball / Lightning Rod / Shock Zapper didn't seem to make a difference. It affects the coin ranges at the end, but not enough to matter.

Switching for more Bounty Generators DOES get you more coin, but your clear time goes up by a lot.

Kill speed seems to be the best determining factor in how fast you will get through this Trophy. 200+k at 8 minute clear time will out pace 300+k at 10 minute clear time.
If you're looking to grind, go for kill speed.

If you can only squeeze like 1 or 2 games and not a full hour of play, shoot for high coin count.

Edited by ShianKiri

Finally made it. Had to grind around 450 matches after I heard the news the server was going down, keeping track on paper.

On average 320k every 9:45 using the strategies described here. Thank you for that! And special thanks to nighcisama for helping optimizing my strategy.

The last week I grinded 35-40 frostbite maps a day for the last push. If you want a tip: take a break every 7 matches, listen to a podcast, drink water.

I calculated I could do 6 matches an hour, depending on loading times.

For the record, my final stats (keep in mind I was a day one player, occasionally completing maps for fun and doing dailies for the chests):

990 games played

773764 minions killed

account level 93

Back to normal games now!

• Like 3

Not sure if this is useful but I though I share my farming method.

I have been using a different character to farm money, because I started the money grind before hitting level 40 and found myself to be often wasting time killing mercenaries and running after enemies. Losing serveral minutes for a difference of 10-20k money. My main focus was on time and combo coin bonus. After finding myself a nice path to take I am getting an avg time of about 9:20 and 315k coins spent. Personally I also found it much more relaxing to play because I am just standing behind a totem for half the time.

The main reason why I went for lightning rods over the arcane bowling bals is because they can be placed on every gate and don't kill enemies to increase the combo multiplier. Everything else is mostly the same.

6 hours ago, Danny_Johansen said:

Not sure if this is useful but I though I share my farming method.

I have been using a different character to farm money, because I started the money grind before hitting level 40 and found myself to be often wasting time killing mercenaries and running after enemies. Losing serveral minutes for a difference of 10-20k money. My main focus was on time and combo coin bonus. After finding myself a nice path to take I am getting an avg time of about 9:20 and 315k coins spent. Personally I also found it much more relaxing to play because I am just standing behind a totem for half the time.

The main reason why I went for lightning rods over the arcane bowling bals is because they can be placed on every gate and don't kill enemies to increase the combo multiplier. Everything else is mostly the same.

Solid strategy, did something similar with Max on occasion. A few tips from me to increase coin income. I recommend not to use the first luck potion in round 1, as there are very few enemies in round 1 and 2 and that passive combo coin increase was very small when I did the math on it back then. Round 3 has significantly more enemies and therefore a lot more coin income. The other rounds are fine I guess, maybe you could optimize it a bit but differences would not be huge with a character that isn't Dobbin.

The next thing I recommend is getting rid of the barricades. The way you are using them, all they do for you is giving you the increased coin from 3 more power generators tops, as the enemies naturally go past 1-2 of the generators already, and even that increased coin is only for rounds 9-12, so the slot is pretty much wasted. Instead of the barricades you could use Boom Barrel rollers on each gate, as they allow you to place 1 over each of your wall traps there, giving you yet another combo point and killing enemies a bit quicker. You can still get enemies on gate 4 to run through more power generators if you place them on the walls behind the first small set of stairs, just don't drop your guardian down so he does not slow the wave, place the generators and a few floor traps and kill whatever makes it into the killbox or past it. You will not lose time with this because enemies on gate 1 are usually the last to die.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nighcisama said:

Solid strategy, did something similar with Max on occasion. A few tips from me to increase coin income. I recommend not to use the first luck potion in round 1, as there are very few enemies in round 1 and 2 and that passive combo coin increase was very small when I did the math on it back then. Round 3 has significantly more enemies and therefore a lot more coin income. The other rounds are fine I guess, maybe you could optimize it a bit but differences would not be huge with a character that isn't Dobbin.

The next thing I recommend is getting rid of the barricades. The way you are using them, all they do for you is giving you the increased coin from 3 more power generators tops, as the enemies naturally go past 1-2 of the generators already, and even that increased coin is only for rounds 9-12, so the slot is pretty much wasted. Instead of the barricades you could use Boom Barrel rollers on each gate, as they allow you to place 1 over each of your wall traps there, giving you yet another combo point and killing enemies a bit quicker. You can still get enemies on gate 4 to run through more power generators if you place them on the walls behind the first small set of stairs, just don't drop your guardian down so he does not slow the wave, place the generators and a few floor traps and kill whatever makes it into the killbox or past it. You will not lose time with this because enemies on gate 1 are usually the last to die.

I will give it a try on wave 3. I am not sure about replacing the barricades. When I didn't use them I never got fully rid of all the stacks of a single power generator. When I go by your standard of 3 fully used traps that is still 3 * 4 * 1,1 * 468 = 6178 coins. I am sure it is more because using the barricades gave me an avg increase of more than 10k. Combo generation is also better when they are stacked.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Danny_Johansen said:

I will give it a try on wave 3. I am not sure about replacing the barricades. When I didn't use them I never got fully rid of all the stacks of a single power generator. When I go by your standard of 3 fully used traps that is still 3 * 4 * 1,1 * 468 = 6178 coins. I am sure it is more because using the barricades gave me an avg increase of more than 10k. Combo generation is also better when they are stacked.

You can place more combo generators after the stairs on gate 4, 5-6 of them if you want. You can fight enemies while they are standing in them, you can let them pass and kill them on the second stairs (the long ones, does not make a difference with a character that isn't Dobbin because you do not need to collect coin bags). The only problem you might run into is trap limit because your small zapper ceiling trap is using up quite a high trap count for what it is doing. At the end of the day it does not really matter all that much because, at some point when your level is higher, the higher coin from using Dobbin will tempt you away from Stinkeye anyway. I got up to 360k per 9:30-10 minute match with Dobbin at the end, with my record being in the mid 370k's as far as I can remember, so a noticeable difference once you have gotten used to a optimized Dobbin strategy, of which there are 2 mentioned in this thread.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nighcisama said:

You can place more combo generators after the stairs on gate 4, 5-6 of them if you want. You can fight enemies while they are standing in them, you can let them pass and kill them on the second stairs (the long ones, does not make a difference with a character that isn't Dobbin because you do not need to collect coin bags). The only problem you might run into is trap limit because your small zapper ceiling trap is using up quite a high trap count for what it is doing. At the end of the day it does not really matter all that much because, at some point when your level is higher, the higher coin from using Dobbin will tempt you away from Stinkeye anyway. I got up to 360k per 9:30-10 minute match with Dobbin at the end, with my record being in the mid 370k's as far as I can remember, so a noticeable difference once you have gotten used to a optimized Dobbin strategy, of which there are 2 mentioned in this thread.

Wave 3 is a lot better, like 5k. I was a little concerned about having enough money for all the traps but it works out. I don't realy want to delay that 4th gate by to much. Wave 10 and 12 need to die quick or it can cost a lot of time. It could be useful for wave 9 and 11. I think I will stick to this char to the end, I don't have to pay much attention anymore and dobbin on avg is at best 5% better because of speed lose. What is the avg gold you are getting? Highest is all fun but sometimes I didn't get many bags or just lose them to the bridge. 

3 minutes ago, Danny_Johansen said:

Wave 3 is a lot better, like 5k. I was a little concerned about having enough money for all the traps but it works out. I don't realy want to delay that 4th gate by to much. Wave 10 and 12 need to die quick or it can cost a lot of time. It could be useful for wave 9 and 11. I think I will stick to this char to the end, I don't have to pay much attention anymore and dobbin on avg is at best 5% better because of speed lose. What is the avg gold you are getting? Highest is all fun but sometimes I didn't get many bags or just lose them to the bridge. 

Wave 12 can be dealt with a bit better by placing the guardian at the end of wave 11, which is what I did because I wanted to suicide a bit earlier to save time. As I said depending on the mercenaries, the unstable rifts and coin bags I got I usually was between 355k and 365k in average, with occasional higher income going into 370k, and 375k being my record with a 10:13 time. The fast matches took a little less than 10 minutes, the longer ones up to 10:30, but never more until I really fucked up hard. I would place my tunnel between gate 2 and 4, collect coins on gate 2, kill the enemies and go to gate 4 to clean up the enemies that are just about to make it past the killbox. For that to work, a slow is helpful, which is why I used viscious tar to group enemies together more and have more money from the double bounty part. There is a trick to have a shitload of coin bags pretty much guaranteed, and that is to leave 2 rows empty right in front of gate 2, and only doing tornado and hits whenever the enemy wave is hitting the first trap row which should be, on this gate only, be viscious tar instead of a damage trap. Don't ask me why that happens or how it works, but anyone I showed this to was baffled by the sheer number of coin bags they were getting.

• Like 1

Something I did in my last runs: use a luck potion on wave 2 instead of wave 3. For some reason I had a more stable coin result at the end of the game.

Especially when a bad merc duo popped in wave 3.

And I would drop lightning traps for boom barrelrollers occasionally. Placing them aboce coin forge and spray.

Not a big difference, but mobs die faster on gate 2, so you can grab more bags on gate 4 when tunneling using nighcisama's strategy.

Good luck everyone!

Edited by Drajkoh

15 hours ago, NekoRave said:

30 hour session, wish me luck folk.

I'm getting this shit done tonight so I'll have 25 more hours left for the plat after this session

Good luck, lol.

You're a warrior to try a 30 hour session, all I can bare is a 8 hour one before getting bored to death at this horrible grind.

I'm getting motivated though, as I'm at 69%, getting ahead of my daily goals.

Can't wait to be free of this grind and have this plat.

• Like 2

went from 0% to 100% in ~18 days, and i only grinded for around 30h :)  shoutout to my boi Klye for developing an AFK method to score up to 700k/h... my PS4 hasn't had a break since March 10 :lol:

finish the last 15 Rift Lord maps, or finish Sekiro plat? :hmm: decisions, decisions

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Trope Hore said:

went from 0% to 100% in ~18 days, and i only grinded for around 30h :)  shoutout to my boi Klye for developing an AFK method to score up to 700k/h... my PS4 hasn't had a break since March 10 :lol:

finish the last 15 Rift Lord maps, or finish Sekiro plat? :hmm: decisions, decisions

Is this completly afk? Or you need to start every match manually?

1 hour ago, ganryu_pl said:

Is this completly afk? Or you need to start every match manually?

completely afk; i'd leave it on overnight and have +2/3% in the morning

sometimes it would glitch and mess up, but i'd always be ready to fix it

15 minutes ago, Trope Hore said:

completely afk; i'd leave it on overnight and have +2/3% in the morning

sometimes it would glitch and mess up, but i'd always be ready to fix it

Is there any chance for any short description of this set up? Video could be even better if you have one. 

44 minutes ago, ganryu_pl said:

Is there any chance for any short description of this set up? Video could be even better if you have one. 

it's not as simple as you might expect, so i doubt it'll be useful to anyone here, but i did livestream 10h of it for science (found here) if anyone's curious