Are you looking forward for Detroit: Become Human?

Haven't played any Quantic Dream games before, but this game looks amazing. To be honest, although Beyond: Two Souls is a free PS Plus game, I am not planning on playing it, because of it's poor reception. But, as the tittle suggests, are you looking forward for Detroit: Become Human? Should one wait for reviews or a sale, or is a pre order worth it, before the release on Friday?? Good to know single player experiences aren't dead, and no micro transactions is also a big plus. Here is the Launch Trailer released today: 

5 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

I’ll wait and see the reviews - Could be alright, but David Cage hasn’t earned the benefit of the doubt.

Plus, it comes out on International Dark Souls Day 

For my The Last of Us 2 and Red Dead Redemption 2 deserve pre order, since Rockstar and Naughty Dog have an excellent track record. That being said, I am not familiar with David Cage's Quantic Dream. The narrative for Detroit: Becomes Human looks AMAZING, being based partially on Ray Kurzweil's "The Singularity is Near", I am Intrigued to say the least... hope reviews come out before release!   

Edited by jorge_carpio88

Just now, jorge_carpio88 said:

For my The Last of Us 2 and Red Dead Redemption are deserved pre order, since Rockstar and Naughty Dog have an excellent track record. That being said, I am not familiar with David Cage's Quantic Dream. The narrative for Detroit: Becomes Human looks AMAZING, being based partially on Ray Kurzweil's "The Singularity is Near", I am Intrigued to say the least... hope reviews come out before release!   

It’s David Cage’s apprent total lack of understanding of the genre that gives me a bit of pause.... I remember when he made a comment about the game early on,  saying something along the lines of “Imagine Bladerunner, but the Androids are the good guys...”

uh....

....okay dude....

...I think you might have missed the point of that movie! ?

I have it preordered, so yes.  Heavy Rain and Beyond: Two Souls certainly have their faults... but both games hold a special place in the gaming section of my heart.

Unless it goes completely DragonBall Z apeshit in the final act and ruins things (ala Indigo Prophecy/Fahrenheit), I think I'll really enjoy it.  Even despite the supernatural elements of Beyond Two Souls, they kept it pretty classy right up to the end.  And Heavy Rain never really "went there" in the first place.  So I'm confident we won't see that happen again.

Unfortunately, since people have pretty much decided to hate David Cage no matter what now... the game will have serious detractors, even if its pretty good.

42 minutes ago, GoldenShaka said:

I'll definitely get it in the future but many other games from my backlog are my priority right now. I just hope that it is worth it in general.

I currently don't have a backlog, so I need a game ASAP ? But not time consuming, since I don't have as much time as before (I regret playing destiny and nba 2k18 so many hours last year ? ). I think Detroit: Become Human will be an awesome gaming experience (fingers crossed)!

• Like 1

I'm very much looking forward to it. If I remember correctly there are 2 other authors working, or were working on the script so the game might turn out to be the best one from Quantic Dream. I enjoyed Heavy Rain and even Beyond Two Souls. Suprisingly I felt like BTS was even more memorable than HR. Still, I wouldn't preorder and probably won't be buying it until most of the reviews are in. There still is a chance it could be something different from what I am expecting.

I kind of was following the game from 2012 when it even wasn't a game but a simple tech demo. I thought it was fantastic.

Edited by DonGurke93

2 hours ago, jorge_carpio88 said:

To be honest, although Beyond: Two Souls is a free PS Plus game, I am not planning on playing it, because of it's poor reception

I am surprised nobody mentioned this lol. I recommend you try the game for yourself first! And especially that it is free, there are no costs!

1 minute ago, DonGurke93 said:

I'm very much looking forward to it. If I remember correctly there are 2 other authors working, or were working on the script so the game might turn out to be the best one from Quantic Dream. I enjoyed Heavy Rain and even Beyond Two Souls. Suprisingly I felt like BTS was even more memorable than HR. Still, I wouldn't preorder and probably won't be buying it until most of the reviews are in. There still is a chance it could be something different from what I am expecting.

If I wait post release, definitely waiting for a 15-20% discount, this games tend to go on sale rather quickly. If reviews come out tomorrow or Thursday, praising the game, I would pre order it.... all you get is a theme, looks pretty kewl haha   

Enjoyed both Heavy Rain and Beyond, so I look forward to this. Don't really understand the mixed reviews of Beyond compared to Heavy Rain. It seems like people either like or don't like both of these games. It's not always the case, obviously, but I still think it'd be a good idea to play Beyond just to know what to expect from Detroit. Or at least give Heavy Rain a chance since it's better received critically. These games aren't for everyone.

Anyway. I'll probably rent the game like I did with Heavy Rain and Beyond. It's apparently an 8-10 hour game and the platinum will take roughly 25 hours or so. Source

21 minutes ago, PooPooBlast said:

I am surprised nobody mentioned this lol. I recommend you try the game for yourself first! And especially that it is free, there are no costs!

Read all about Beyond: Two Souls, although Ellen's Page acting looks spot on, I am simply not interested on the story... in the case of Detroit, I am intrigued, technology is changing exponentially, so to have a thriving A.I. in 20-30 years isn't far fetched (correct me if I'm wrong but does Beyond: Two souls have supernatural elements?). Although I haven't experience any of David Cage's games, I am all in when regarding story based games. Have played in the past Life is Strange and many telltale games, and regarding quality, Detroit: Become Human looks superior, played the demo, and I was hooked! 

• Like 1

I am certainly looking forward to “Detroit: Become Human”. I love both “Heavy Rain” and “Beyond: Two Souls”, so I know that I will like this new game from Quantic Dream too. I am avoiding watching trailers and gameplay, because I don’t need them to decide if I’ll like the game or not and I don’t want spoilers. I couldn’t resist playing the demo, though, and I really liked it, unsurprisingly. I am not going to buy it on release day, though, because I avoid giving 70€ for a game, unless it’s something I absolutely can’t wait to play. This year, for example, I only intend to buy “Shadow of the Tomb Raider” full price and, next year, certainly “The Last of Us: Part II”. So, yeah, I really want to play Detroit, but I’ll wait until it’s cheaper.

2 hours ago, jorge_carpio88 said:

Read all about Beyond: Two Souls, although Ellen's Page acting looks spot on, I am simply not interested on the story... in the case of Detroit, I am intrigued, technology is changing exponentially, so to have a thriving A.I. in 20-30 years isn't far fetched (correct me if I'm wrong but does Beyond: Two souls have supernatural elements?). Although I haven't experience any of David Cage's games, I am all in when regarding story based games. Have played in the past Life is Strange and many telltale games, and regarding quality, Detroit: Become Human looks superior, played the demo, and I was hooked! 

Ahhh okay. I thought that you just read reviews only but you actually haven't looked at gameplay or something xD.

To me both games don't appeal to me but that's also after looking at gameplay.

• Like 1

This is a hate or totally love it game. Really liked it so far. i played the first Mission and then experienced a problem with my PS4 Pro

So after the first scene where you start in that store my Pro sounded like a starting Jet. It did this never before .... so do have the same issue?