Do you still continue trophy hunting despite having unobtainable trophies on your list?

ButtingHam

So today I found out I might've been robbed of 2 online trophies for Portal 2 due to not being able to connect to Steam. People are looking into it and messaging support, but if it doesn't come back online then I have to face the facts. Of course, I'm extremely pissed off by this, but the way I see it, there are only 2 things I can do.

1. Start fresh and avoid any old games that have online trophies like the plague.

2. Continue on with my current account/hide any games on my list that have these issues.

I'm leaning way toward the latter since I've put way too much time in all my other games to have to start again (Life is too short). In a perfect world, I'd hope Sony would one day come up with a solution to this issue. Maybe if a game has unobtainable trophies we could delete it from our list or the trophies wouldn't be able to sync into our accounts in general. I wouldn't mind the hiding option so much if it wasn't for my stupid OCD and the fact that this site makes it painfully obvious that you've done so. I'm really mad right now especially because I'm a completionist even outside of doing trophies, but I guess I'll get over it one day.

How about you guys? Ever run into this situation and if so did you eventually cope with it?  

• Like 3

I have unobtainables, but I don't care too much. Shit happens.

Accept life isn't perfect. I'm not defined as a person by my trophy profile. It's not going to get you a bigger raise at work. It's not going to make life easier. It isn't going on your resume. It's not going to get you a better interest rate on your loans.

• Like 2

I don't mind it anymore. The only one that annoyed me was the crew because I spent weeks on that only to have one trophy glitch on me. Now I'm just casually going through a couple more quick trophies I can get off that game before I abandon it. I'm not even going to bother with that dirt road mileage trophy or the 500 gold skills trophy since I can't plat it anymore.

I wouldn't delete my account other unobtainables. I have plenty on my profile (looking at you Midnight Club: Los Angeles). Much like @Elvick_ I like looking back at my trophy list to see what games I played and enjoyed and what I accomplished in them. I've had this account for almost 8 years now. Deleting it would greatly disappoint me. 

• Like 1

My average trophy % is around 94%. I’ve had this happen to me a few times where games I’ve played now have unobtainable trophies. It does suck, but I play for me and nobody else, so I’m comfortable being in the knowledge that my list represents my gaming and so while I wish I could get some trophies I can’t get anymore, I won’t lose any sleep over it. 

• Like 1

I'll probably be the only one who will tell you different lol. I just started a new account after weeks of struggling in my head to try and just not let incomplete games bother me. In the end I succumbed to my OCD. Luck based trophies like The Last Guardian's catch Trico in the act I just could not get. It really annoys me and I've no desire to keep trying to get it, I'd prefer to start the whole game again and try for it instead of just trying to get that one trophy for days - that doesn't make sense lol. Then Call of Duty, they are great games but I hate the mp so I'm never gonna get those. Plus the other games I tried and didn't like or were too tough. I'm going to play all my games on a blank account and only sync when I unlock all the trophies now. I'll avoid mp games that I know I won't complete too. My other account is @Hogie838

In the end if staying with this account is going to constantly wreck your head then you may be better to start a new one sooner rather later. It's up to you only you know the answer... hope that helps in some way.

Just now, drthomys said:

3. Keep playing and don't care about not having a 100% profile. 

I agree 100% with this!  I've got a couple trophies in Madden 15 that are unobtainable for me due to server errors.  It was one of the first few games I played on PS4 and the problems with these trophies were not widely known (and only seem to effect some people's accounts, most seem to be able to get them with no trouble... who knows why or why I'm one of the unlucky ones).  Really, the last time I checked this problem still wasn't widely known.  You'd have to dig into EA's support forum to find out about it.

Probably almost everyone will pick up some unobtainables along the way if they play enough games.  And research isn't always enough to avoid it.  Maybe I'm lucky to have had it happen so early in my account.  Knowing that you'll never get 100% makes things more enjoyable.  You can take a leap on something difficult that you're not sure you can do, for example.  Really try to push yourself, you know.  And as it turns out, you might actually be able to do it sometimes!  Maybe I'd still do stuff like that anyway, but I don't know.  If I was aiming for 100% as a goal, there's stuff I've done that I probably wouldn't have even tried to do in the first place.

And if/when you run into something unobtainable again, it's not a big deal.

• Like 3

yeah its kinda too late for me, with a 6-7 year old account and started hunting back in 2012. near to perfect completion is very appealing, but that's been out the window. oddly, i only started caring about that when i visited this site. all those numbers on your profile page can really rev up your OCD, i still haven't figured a solution to deal with it. statistics like world/country rank, completion percentage for profile. wish there was a feature to block what you wanted on your page to avoid the stress lol. 

I don't try for a 100% profile would be too much of a headache for me to do and is impossible for me to do at this point.
Considering I have games on my account with trophies that are glitched, Dead online servers or the servers went offline in general.
And I generally just don't care to play online that much either guess if I did try for 100% I probably would've started it when I first made this account.

It's no secrecy. I have unobtainable trophies. But yeah I still keep going on my trophy run. But my old PS4 is about to give out. So all my progression trophies are postpone until I get a PS4 Slim. But I don't know about PS4 Pro though.