accessories for PSV

shenik

What accessories do you use on PSV? mine are: 

Joystic caps.

Cyber hard one to find but they are the best 

Cyber neko cute one easy to find 

Power bank. 

PS Vita Portable Charger good thing to have

PISEN USB Charging Adapter if you like to use normal power bank.

Games cases.

Vita game case folio i really like this one but hard to find one now

PSV case/bag.

Resident evil case as RE fan a must have :P

what accessorie can you recommend?

Edited by shenik
  • Like 1

This thing was a godsend when I started playing stuff like Ratchet and Clank. It takes a bit to get used to the mushy feeling of the buttons compared to what you'd find with real buttons. But it's really great for a surprising amount of Vita games. Especially when you're able to remap controls like in Borderlands.

l2r2-button-grip-cover-for-pch1000-black

PS Vita sleeve from 4Gamers. It's pretty cheap (around $9) and the quality on this thing is amazing.

I only use my Vita on the go so keeping it simple and clean is a must for me.

If I were more enthusiastic about Vita I would definitely go for a grip (simple ones are dirt cheap anyway) or joystic caps (Cyber ones that you linked look really neat).

Here's this bad boy (4Gamers sleeve, unfortunately only available in UK):

Image result for psvita 4gamers case blue

5 minutes ago, Elvick_ said:

But it's really great for a surprising amount of Vita games.

Not only that, but I assume that it also works great with Remote Play since some of Dualshock buttons are mapped to the rear touchpad.

Edited by Skadoki

I have just Turtle Beach headphones Ear Force Stealth 400 (also for ps3 and ps4), and also a power bank for travel. But my power bank is not the vita one, its a regular universal one with 2 standard USB ports that can be used to charge anything, from my laptop, phone and computer to both my vita and 3ds. 

No need to waste on a special Sony branded vita one as there are plenty of better and cheaper ones out there.

I don't use game folio cases as I prefer to have a nice display of all my game cases on my shelf, but for the Vita most of my games are the DL versions.

Don't have any vita specific accessories as all mine are multi platform use

1 hour ago, Skadoki said:

Not only that, but I assume that it also works great with Remote Play since some of Dualshock buttons are mapped to the rear touchpad.

Yup, it's just a shame there's quite a few games which map things to the touch screen. :(

edit; oh yeah I use this when I travel have to take my Vita out of the attachment though [not my pic]

p4case.jpg

Edited by Elvick_

I agree with getting a grip.  I have the one angelgrievious recommended and it’s awesome.  The portable charger is nice to have too.  

The sound on the vita isn’t very good.  If you care about that and can wear headphones while you play I’d recommend getting a pair. 

After raging while I was playing Jak II and trying to hit the R2 L2 and R3 etc buttons underneath the vita I bought this.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B0073ESZ58?psc=1&ref=yo_pop_mb_yo_pop_mb_pd_t1#immersive-view_1527030690098

I don’t know how good it is because I hate playing on the vita and I never used it ?

it has L2 and R2 on the sides and L3 and R3 underneath.

Edited by HOGIE838IRE

On 5/23/2018 at 0:32 AM, Elvick_ said:

Yup, it's just a shame there's quite a few games which map things to the touch screen. :(

edit; oh yeah I use this when I travel have to take my Vita out of the attachment though [not my pic]

p4case.jpg

I got same case only resident evil one they are nice

• 1 month later...

Love my NYKO power grip.

14vtg86.jpg

Essentially doubles battery life due to the powerbank built into the grips.  Also has a port that allows charging of the grip/vita without having to remove the grips.

(White PS Vita was a special edition I purchased while I was in Tokyo in 2017)
(Can't stand that the X and O buttons are backwards, but still feels cool to have a foreign version)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Are correctly you mean :awesome: 

Also, wouldn't that plastic thingy affect touch screen functionality?

lol, having 2 vitas, it's weird having to use x and o in different ways for each.

No part of the grip actually touches the screen, and thus I've had zero issues with functionality.

37 minutes ago, supertrunksman said:

lol, having 2 vitas, it's weird having to use x and o in different ways for each.

No part of the grip actually touches the screen, and thus I've had zero issues with functionality.

you do realise you can remap these? Go to the accessibility section and just choose the button inputs and allocate them to the layout you want then done. Mine is the Dragon Quest Builders special edition and i had no issues mapping western control layout 

9 minutes ago, DarkSoleride said:

you do realise you can remap these? Go to the accessibility section and just choose the button inputs and allocate them to the layout you want then done. Mine is the Dragon Quest Builders special edition and i had no issues mapping western control layout 

I did not know that, I know individual games allow you to customize keybinds usually.  Will have to check this out.

2 minutes ago, supertrunksman said:

I did not know that, I know individual games allow you to customize keybinds usually.  Will have to check this out.

no it is on the actual system got to Settings > Accessibility > Button Assignment

Once you have done this on you PS Vita it will reassign these commands across your whole system and any game used with that system. 

2 hours ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

Y'all got all these cool things hooked up to your Vitas, you know the only thing that touches my Vita?

Dust.

Considering your most recent game is a vita game, and a couple other vita games just before that, I'd say you need to clean your vita while you're playing it.

Edited by supertrunksman
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, DarkSoleride said:

no it is on the actual system got to Settings > Accessibility > Button Assignment

Once you have done this on you PS Vita it will reassign these commands across your whole system and any game used with that system. 

Yeah, so that ended up failing.

The thing is, it fixes the system buttons, but then it messes up the game controls.

Currently, the x and o are reversed on the handheld itself, but in game controls work like normal.

If I switch the settings, the console buttons work like normal, but any game controls are now reversed.

We have 3 Vitas, one 2000, two 1000's.

Best accessory is a Anker Powerbank. Not all theirs are Vita compatible but I bought one that is with 3 ports so it's able to juice them all simultaneously. Anker Powerbanks are very good.

I would recommend a Silicone sleeve, it does protect a lot and it's easy to remove if necessary (like dust cleaning ? ...). We have 2 different ones for the 1000s, one has holes in the Select and Start buttons and they're difficult to reach specially for me as my hands are big, the other the silicone covers these buttons and it's better.

A generic grip which is useful for action games.

I have several game card boxes. The best ones by a gazillion miles are the ones from Hori. They have one for 24 cards, but it's difficult to find now.

The Hori Vita case is pretty good too:

https://www.amazon.com/HORI-Hard-Case-PlayStation-Vita-2000/dp/B00L6AVNB8

but the best one is this one:

https://www.amazon.com/Butterfox-Double-Compartment-Carry-Case/dp/B007GYBTGW/

Those joystick caps do look very interesting...

12 hours ago, supertrunksman said:

Yeah, so that ended up failing.

The thing is, it fixes the system buttons, but then it messes up the game controls.

Currently, the x and o are reversed on the handheld itself, but in game controls work like normal.

If I switch the settings, the console buttons work like normal, but any game controls are now reversed.

It shouldn't do? My Japanese system is set to the western PSV layout along with the games? could you provide a screenshot so i can see your button assignment? rember R3 and L3 is the bottom rear touchpad and R2 and L2 is the top rear touchpad if you have accidentally assigned a bottom to those.