Trophy Thoughts

12 hours ago, Virdeborn said:

Does anyone know what reaching blue belt level in ranked entails?

Given how the belt ranks usually work in martial arts, Blue would be a bit over half the ranks. It goes White > Yellow > Orange > Camouflage > Green > Purple > Blue. Then there are 3 more and finally Black Belt.

I will probably just play 3rd Strike in another account to try it out. I would have gotten all the trophies, even without a plat, but the online stuff makes it not worth it.

Edited by AndresLionheart

11 hours ago, Spaz said:

You mean the Mega Man X Collection?

I guess Capcom doesn't want to give collections of their older games with a platinum.

Yeah, Mega Man X collection :) regardless of that they still deserve it. Resident evil 4 was such a disappointment too, specially the PS4 version which was also released on retail. :(

As for this Street fighter collection, a single trophy for beating each game and they think it's enough is beyond me, there's so much content. 

I get that people wanted more, but this is an AWESOME collection of games. I don't play video games for trophies alone, or I would never play Nintendo lol........look at the bright side, people. At least it's very likely you can obtain a 100% trophy completed Street Fighter game. Most other major Street Fighter releases are pretty unreasonable without devoting your life to it :)

• Like 1

On 5/22/2018 at 11:51 PM, Evilsworn said:

Not even going to touch this seeing as it doesn't have a platnium...

cool-story.jpg

Can't say that I had particularly high hopes for this trophy list anyway, but the main deal breaker for me is that we're getting the arcade version of Alpha 3 as opposed to the console version, which means no Fei-Long, Guile, Evil Ryu, Dee Jay or T. Hawk, and no World Tour mode (this mode alone could have multiple trophies dedicated to it).  So, on these grounds, it's a no-buy from me I'm afraid.  Nothing to do with the trophy list or the lack of a platinum (which is no big deal anyway).

So many triggered people! Way too funny. ? So, there are actually people who avoid this game because it has no plat? Would a really hardcore one be okay where you barely had any chance to even get it or no? You know like Super Street Fighter. Anyway, I am really excited for this game. I love the Alpha and 3 series and I am also excited to see the second part as an arcade port, since I only know the SNES versions. 

• Like 2

On 5/24/2018 at 4:18 PM, StewartBros said:

cool-story.jpg

Can't say that I had particularly high hopes for this trophy list anyway, but the main deal breaker for me is that we're getting the arcade version of Alpha 3 as opposed to the console version, which means no Fei-Long, Guile, Evil Ryu, Dee Jay or T. Hawk, and no World Tour mode (this mode alone could have multiple trophies dedicated to it).  So, on these grounds, it's a no-buy from me I'm afraid.  Nothing to do with the trophy list or the lack of a platinum (which is no big deal anyway).

The console version is trash, though, performance wise anyway.  Also, they said they were releasing the arcade versions of the games :hmm: 

On 5/26/2018 at 3:11 PM, grimydawg said:

The console version is trash, though, performance wise anyway.  Also, they said they were releasing the arcade versions of the games :hmm: 

I owned Alpha 3 for the PS1 and never had any issues with its performance or gameplay, and I never played the arcade version so can't compare the two.  And I know that they confirmed the arcade versions - I just feel that omitting 7 characters and multiple game modes is a pretty big deal.  I used to live in hope that console Alpha 3 would receive a standalone release one day, but Capcom clearly don't give a damn about any of their franchises bar Resident Evil these days.

37 minutes ago, Ptirle said:

So what's the deal with Blue Belt trophy, no one has it yet? How many wins u need and such?

You need 1055 Belt Points for 1 specific game in ranked. You earn points when you win, and lose points when you lose. If you want every match without losing at all, it would require roughly 100 to 200 wins depending on the players you were paired up with. Between all 4 game's online so far, there are only 5 Blue Belts in total across all the games so far

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ptirle said:

Sooo it's not so easy afterall for average player unless there is a way to boost it...  good to know, will play it still. Thanks JOEYGGDXDREAPER7

I don't think there's a way to boost it.  You definitely want to try and find higher ranks as well because I see some folks who have won 90/100 matches, yet aren't even red belt.  Based on my experience so far, this would take a person who's competent in SF a solid 20 hours or so.  Assuming you beat each game on its first try, it will take roughly 10 min to beat each game (so 2 hours there) and the rest will definitely be online grind to blue belt.

• Like 1

Well, as much as the trophies are easy, there is one that most people won't get. To be a blue belt you need to have 1055 points in any of the 4 games and this means you have to beat a lot of skilled players online. Most average players won't make it past green or orange belt. The "orange" belt looks red, but there is actually a red one after blue.  Take into consideration that you lose points for losing games and you gain very few points from lower belt players when you win. Similar to SFV.

It's:

White

Yellow

Green

Orange (looks dark red)

Blue (I got mine on Super Turbo, it's 1055 points)

Red

Black

Edited by NeuralFrights101
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...