Banner Saga 3 Hype!!

NaseemJohn

So excited for this game I can’t even explain. Trophy list seems to be similar to the other games. I’m just wondering how challenging beating the game on hard without loosing will be this time around since it was pretty tough in the first game but easier to manage in the second one. Also if you haven’t played these games yet you’re seriously missing out on a great series. 

Edited by NaseemJohn
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Elvick_ said:

Wasn’t aware there was a 3rd on the way. Still need to play the first, but hearing it was hard put me off a bit... and like 90% procrastination 

The first one is a 8/10 difficulty but it was my first time ever playing a turn based strategy game so I’m pretty sure you can do it aswell. Second one I’d say 5/10 difficulty just because everything is easier to manage and there’s also more to work with.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Soufwar said:

I hear these games are an example of how crowd funded video games can turn out to be great! I was thinking about getting into them but I think i’ll wait for a trilogy pack with all the games. 

I believe there’s a trilogy pack that can be pre ordered. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Soufwar said:

I hear these games are an example of how crowd funded video games can turn out to be great! I was thinking about getting into them but I think i’ll wait for a trilogy pack with all the games. 

A physical trilogy pack launches on July 24th, $40 US, includes DLC from the second game as well.

1 hour ago, NaseemJohn said:

I believe there’s a trilogy pack that can be pre ordered. 

I never pre-order unless the company making the game is called Rockstar Games, but since there's a physical trilogy then i'll check it out!

5 hours ago, NaseemJohn said:

Also if you haven’t played these games yet you’re seriously missing out on a great series. 

Absolutely agree.  Interesting world/story, good tactical combat system, and obvious Oregon Trail influences too.  I'm really looking forward to playing #3.

Im still trying to plat the second one, its on my agenda to get it done next month.

Also you can't beat a monty  python reference.

12S1ae13f.png

I'm Being Repressed 
Now we see the violence inherent in the system.   

Edited by wolverine123

• 1 month later...

I just bought the first game, if I like it (up to now I do, anyway) then I'll get 2 and if I like that I'll get 3. Playing it on the Switch, which has a standard discount on 2 if you've bought 1 and a standard discount on 3 if you've bought both 1 and 2. More games do that kind of discounting, I guess because there's no packs like on PSN containing multiple separate games. Not having packs in this case means though that I can safely buy only the first game and see if I want to invest in the others.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/22/2018 at 10:13 PM, communistwookiee said:

A physical trilogy pack launches on July 24th, $40 US, includes DLC from the second game as well.

it's probably for the best playing them all at once. I played 1 and and 2 like 2 years ago, and playing through 3 now i can't remember anything that happened before lol. there's a little "previously on..." but it doesn't really help with any of the characters.

Edited by BENJAM1N_LINUS

On 02/08/2018 at 2:06 PM, BENJAM1N_LINUS said:

it's probably for the best playing them all at once. I played 1 and and 2 like 2 years ago, and playing through 3 now i can't remember anything that happened before lol. there's a little "previously on..." but it doesn't really help with any of the characters.

Exactly why I waited. The art style appealed to me when I found out about the game, but knowing half a year ago that the third was already far in development made me wait with deciding whether or not to buy the first game until the third was close to releasing.