Seriously...? A Trophy For $$ Marketplace?!

Coladar

As a huge VR fan, and even bigger horror fan, a quick glance at this name/genre and it sounded right up my alley. An even faster glance at the trailer, and... Yeah. A guaranteed "no way in heck am I paying for this crud!"

But then I look at the trophy list - omg!!!! And, like that isn't bad enough, is that *actually* a trophy that requires you spend real world money in their little marketplace crap?!? I cannot fathom this, a trophy with that requirement - is there a way around spending real cash, or does this game have a trophy that necessitates you spending money on top of the game purchase? If so, just... Whoa. And, even that aside, a look at the trailer for it... Wow. 

Why can no decent devs develop some decent horror games around VR? It is such a no-brainer! How we haven't had much since RE7, going on 18 months ago, is mind blowing. This sure won't break that trend.

I don't know why you think that you have to spend real money. It's incredibly common for a game to have an in-game market where you spend in-game currency.

Honestly though, there's plenty of trophies that you have to spend extra money to get, in the form of DLC. Don't know why this is would be so upsetting. Especially considering there's no plat. And if we're being brutally honest, it's really just a matter of time before companies started requiring in-game purchases with real money for a trophy. 

3 minutes ago, ExHaseo said:

Don't know why this is would be so upsetting. Especially considering there's no plat. And if we're being brutally honest, it's really just a matter of time before companies started requiring in-game purchases with real money for a trophy. 

So then it's okay?

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, MMDE said:

So then it's okay?

I never said it was "okay" I said it was a matter of time. I don't think DLC is an "okay" practice either, because 99% of it is cut content that they're selling to people for extra. Just because it's anti-consumer, or because I'm personally against it, doesn't mean it doesn't/won't happen.

Edited by ExHaseo

1 hour ago, RNumbers said:

I'm certain this would violate Sony's policies, because if it didn't we'd be seeing it everywhere.

Will that policy change in the future? Who knows, but for now we're safe, at least from this.

Well, there has been the odd trophy for checking out the marketplace, like that EyePet game... at least I think that's the game I'm thinking of.  But nothing to do with spending real world money on microtransactions.

And this trophy in question, yeah, I can see it being the in game market.  As in, where one goes to buy things like upgrades, another weapon, ammo, health or whatever the case might be.

• 3 weeks later...

if you read the description of the game from ps store it says "Use the in-game real-time marketplace to purchase weapons, ammo and upgrades strategically and on-the-go. Manage your cash earned through kills and equip yourself with the weapons and tools best suited to your playstyle." hope this helps. 

Edited by XellossFang

• 3 years later...
  • 4 months later...
On 8/27/2021 at 11:23 AM, Livingstone7728 said:

There are no game that require micro transactions for the base list... There are games however that make it insanely easier to platinum if you spend money... Fallout Shelter comes to mind ?

Fantasy Strike: Allow me to introduce myself.
https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/9420-fantasy-strike
Gun Club Vr : Hahaha, Not so fast.
https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/8578-gun-club-vr

Currently the only game I know of that requires you to spend real money for trophies is fantasy strike to unlock dlc that is needed for trophies. Its like here's the game for free but if you want to actually want to play it send us 12.99 then we,ll let you do what the game intended 

• Like 1

On 18/01/2022 at 5:36 AM, Prometheous101 said:

Fantasy Strike: Allow me to introduce myself.
https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/9420-fantasy-strike
Gun Club Vr : Hahaha, Not so fast.
https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/8578-gun-club-vr

Gun club? Which trophy...?

As for fantasy strike... Its a free game.... So yes to platinum you need to purchase it..  That's like saying any demo requires you to make a micro transaction of the actual game ??‍♂️

• Like 1

On 1/18/2022 at 2:47 PM, Ultraxian said:

Currently the only game I know of that requires you to spend real money for trophies is fantasy strike to unlock dlc that is needed for trophies. Its like here's the game for free but if you want to actually want to play it send us 12.99 then we,ll let you do what the game intended 

How about Singstar XMB? It only allow you to earn trophies if you buy/get from other discs 10 songs.

• Like 1

On 27/08/2021 at 11:23 AM, Livingstone7728 said:

There are no game that require micro transactions for the base list... There are games however that make it insanely easier to platinum if you spend money... Fallout Shelter comes to mind ?

Also DC Universe Online. You cant earn a single trophy if you havent bought anything. Everything could be prepared so if you were to get the requirements done. Buy something and you have a 1 second platinum. 

2 hours ago, Livingstone7728 said:

Gun club? Which trophy...?

As for fantasy strike... Its a free game.... So yes to platinum you need to purchase it..  That's like saying any demo requires you to make a micro transaction of the actual game ?1f3fd.png‍♂️

Buy all weapons. Dlc was released but the trophy was never modified to only include base game weapons.