Trophy thoughts?

Didn't expect this to have a tie in video game at all.  But I am curious as to what it will actually be like, especially seeing as how there seem to be fights, and in turn, how the fights are to be handled... and if the game itself will actually be not too bad or not.

20 minutes ago, grifteskymfning said:

If this gets a physical release, I am all in.

Seems it’ll get one for $40usd. 

All i I could find were some screenshots almost all the same like this, so it kinda looks like Pikimin/Overlord? idk

ht3_screen_5.png

13 minutes ago, Elvick_ said:

Seems it’ll get one for $40usd. 

All i I could find were some screenshots almost all the same like this, so it kinda looks like Pikimin/Overlord? idk

ht3_screen_5.png

Gotta say, the design isn't that bad.  Was curious on who you would play as in this game if Mavis of Dracula, but looks like it's Dracula.

I mean, if the game plays good, I wouldn't mind giving it a go... well that, and for a decent price.

4 minutes ago, DrakeHellsing said:

Gotta say, the design isn't that bad.  Was curious on who you would play as in this game if Mavis of Dracula, but looks like it's Dracula.

I mean, if the game plays good, I wouldn't mind giving it a go... well that, and for a decent price.

Haven’t seen the films, but I assume this is that other character. More details here, not much though

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2018/04/30/hotel-transylvania-3-monsters-overboard-release-date/#/slide/2

ht3_screen_2.png

Edited by Elvick_

2 minutes ago, Elvick_ said:

Haven’t seen the films, but I assume this is that other character. More details here, not much though

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2018/04/30/hotel-transylvania-3-monsters-overboard-release-date/#/slide/2

Seen the first two films, the third film is coming out sometime soon (not sure when).  So it did look like Dracula is who you play as by the screenshot you showed off.  But the game does at least seem interesting.

Hope it is one of the better movie tie in games though.

Edit: Also yeah, looks like Mavis is the other character to play as.

Edited by DrakeHellsing

2 hours ago, ChampionPrince said:

I didn't even know they made movie videogames anymore. So 2010! haha. 

I was hoping for a return!

I thought the first and second one was alright, kinda consistent in terms of quality, so here's hoping the third keeps it steady.

As for the trophies, I could some purple in my list, And that is a pretty funny plat name!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Been playing this on PC for review (as they had no PS4 codes left) - It's not a long game, about 3 hours to 'finish' - longer when looking for all the collectables. I've actually had fun with the game - it's had a few issues but they are probably all PC based from what I can see, but it's basically Pikmin but with the Hotel Transylvania cast.

You pick between Mavis or Drac (Can change at any point) and you have 9 minutes on an island to take your Impas (Pikmin) around and kill enemies, spawn more Impas, find treasure and progress towards the boss. You also have mini-missions like meeting up with the Mummy, finding Franks body parts and digging out the wolfman. Each of those mini-missions gets you a new style of Impa which allows you to re-visit older islands and find more treasures.

Sure, it's not the most detailed or feature-rich game, but it's better than most movie tie-ins and as a 34yr old man, I've enjoyed playing it :)

• Like 2

On 5/23/2018 at 7:30 PM, ChampionPrince said:

I didn't even know they made movie videogames anymore. So 2010! haha. 

I'm hoping to see more of them. I miss the PS3 days where we were called trophy whores for these. They need to make a comeback. Plus good games for little ones to watch and play.

• Like 1