Detroit Trophy Thoughts?

2 minutes ago, Leo_the_Lion25 said:

I'll be Back sounds like the new Uncontrollable trophy. 

Yeah, and it might actually turn out that we do have to unlock all endings for the These Are Our Stories trophy. It might be that each ending, or certain ending-specific actions in the game, earns you the bonus points necessary for said trophy. We'll see.

Gotta love all these trophies yelling at us.  That's what it feels like with all caps for trophies.  Not sure why games have trophies like that though.

But yeah, there is a trophy for keeping everyone alive in the end, so I wonder how tough that'll be.

I'll be checking this game out eventually, not release day though... but eventually.

• Like 3

I’m just hyped to play this game (preordered my copy) it don’t seem as much of a drag for time as beyond two souls, still I don’t care as long as there’s not to much repetition because so far the stories seem amazing.

Just annoying it’s taken this long to get the list up.

I was starting to think it would be up the same day as the game release.

I hope it’s as good if not better than heavy rain and beyond two souls ??

Edited by BlindMango
Merged into trophy thoughts thread
  • Like 1

So then, *finally* this list gets disclosed! Seems like I've been waiting forever to see this pop up on the site/anywhere. Looks like a great little trophy list to me! Been into this game since before it was even announced - I'm a *huge* Quantic Dream fan. Have been ever since Fahrenheit. By far, far and away, without any question whatsoever, my favorite developer. Period.

They have yet to release a title that I didn't fall crazily in love with, although Beyond wasn't my all time fave by any consideration. Heavy Rain, alternatively, is easily in my top 5 games of all time list - a masterpiece, plain and simple! So consider my bias appropriately, as I say:

THE ALL CAPS TROPHY NAMES SUCKS, IN THAT ANNOYING/IRRITATING WAY. NOT COOL, QUANTIC, NOT COOL AT ALL.

I'm also not totally into the trophy icons, themselves. These things aside? Awesome list, it seems. Cool there's no All Endings gold this time around, as that can get slightly annoying, depending on how much repetition is involved. I'm curious about the collectibles magazine silver - I enjoy a good collectibles hunt, so it's all cool, but I do wonder how many/how involved we're talking about just here. 

As for all the rest? It seems pretty standard fare for a Quantic release; no surprises or shocks. Looks like it won't be an overly difficult Platinum, which is always on the plus side of things. Supposedly a 25ish hour Plat, which sounds just perfect to me - I am *SO* looking forward come Friday morning, as this is going to be an insanely awesome weekend of my first new Quantic Dream fun in going on a half a decade just now! Wowsers - it's really been *that* long since Beyond: Two Souls was released? Craziness!

Need I even say it...? Count me in - this is an insta-buy for this cash strapped soul; and not even the slightest restoration nor pause in doing so. What a wicked cool concept in a fantastical genre with an incredibly awesome game design, done by the masters of this art form. Just so, so, so a GOTY for me this year, if nothing else (assuming no KH3), that I can't even believe it's only some 24 plus hours away right now!!! The anticipation for this is positively killing me!

Edited by Coladar
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, FielVeredus said:

Looks like with walkthrough after enjoy your own first playthrough can be a cake walk.

Yeah, going to play blind the first time through and hopefully there will be some guides up by the time I'm finished.

Seemed spoilery so I didn't look through it much, but if there a multiple endings trophy then it sounds like you could play the game how you want on your first playthrough without compromising the amount of time it will take to plat. Granted, I plan on playing blind the first time through anyway.

Oh yeah, there can be absolutely no doubt about it: Blind first playthrough, all the way!!!

Me...? I can't even imagine, nor fathom, destroying your enjoyment of narrative art at it's very best, by going into this anything but 110% blind. I mean seriously, folks, do yourselves the favor: Don't submit to temptation, and go into playing Detroit blind and spoiler free. The reward you shall receive for doing so is 1,000X greater than saving yourself, at best, a handful of hours just for some trophies. These games were meant to be enjoyed by a virginal brain, you best believe!

And furthermore...? A: There are no All Endings trophies, which means there's no reason to spoilerize yourself ahead of time. B: (and more importantly still) We are looking at a reported 8-9 hour max playthrough. I mean, come on now! 'Tis one thing when you're talking about some TLoUs ludicrously long game - this is only several hours in length, and was furthermore intended+meant to be replayed several times in order to explore all narrative choices/storylines. The primary game length aspect for Quantic Dream titles is in replaying them, for an entirely and totally different experience each time around - kill some of your PCs early on once over, then have them survive the whole game the next.

But, take it from a hardcore Quantic Dream fanboy here, and do not engage in *any* real spoilers or walkthroughs on your first experience for Detroit: Become Human. You just seriously can't even put into words the experience that you'll receive when you witness a masterpiece in storytelling unfolding before your very eyes that first time through. Commit to spoiler-freeness, and be prepared for something truly special! 

Like I said, this list = no "All Endings" trophy means there's now 0 reason to spoilerize yourself here - just don't you dare do it!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HOGIE838IRE said:

Don’t judge a book by the cover. Well in this case I am unfortuntately. The trophy images are so laaaaazy, they look awful. That makes me think the gameplay and story won’t be much better. I won’t be in any hurry to play this!

Never judge a book by the cover first and foremost. There's been great books with less than stellar covers, and amazing covers with a plot that any third grader could construct. 

Second, how can you even compare the two though.. trophy images usually are lazily down for the most part.

And last, I enjoy these images. They are modern and actually unique compared to most...

Edited by Dangisuckatgamin
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, HOGIE838IRE said:

Don’t judge a book by the cover. Well in this case I am unfortuntately. The trophy images are so laaaaazy, they look awful. That makes me think the gameplay and story won’t be much better. I won’t be in any hurry to play this!

I agree with you. The trophy images are worst of the worst. Absolutely piss poor effort.

Thank goodness games matter more than trophies do. Well... it's the opinion I still hold anyway. I know some people on here would likely disagree.

Didn't glance at the trophies. Don't really want to know what they are. Would rather just go into it blind and enjoy myself rather and take notes what choices I need to make to be rewarded for them.