Detroit Trophy Thoughts?

Lol guys they don’t have an all endings trophy cause the Devs don’t even seem to know how many endings they put in.

4 minutes ago, Valyrious said:

I agree with you. The trophy images are worst of the worst. Absolutely piss poor effort.

Thank goodness games matter more than trophies do. Well... it's the opinion I still hold anyway. I know some people on here would likely disagree.

Didn't glance at the trophies. Don't really want to know what they are. Would rather just go into it blind and enjoy myself rather and take notes what choices I need to make to be rewarded for them.

The trophy images are great, did you expect some kind of Masterful paintings for the images? If anything they did batter with the trophy images seeing as there’s not just 3 variations like in Heavy Rain and Beyond: Two Souls trophy lists.

Brief scan of the trophies, looks like a standard Quantic Dream type list.  No 'all endings' doesn't mean that you won't have to see most endings anyway to get the rest of the set.

I'll no doubt get this, loved Heavy Rain in the PS3 days and BTS was still fun.

I was one of the first to comment on how I didn't find the trophy images appealing, but come now! Lazy and an indication the game will suck is insanely hyperbolic.

If anything, my problem is the art style and the light colored on white background scheme. But for Pete's sake now, the rarity is when a dev focuses on trophy artwork and uniqueness, because most all don't. Why? Because most all devs realize that ain't no one that's going to give those trophy icons a second glance, because they flash on screen for seconds at best. I consider myself a trophy aficionado, and even I don't find myself going over my trophy collections my mouth agape as I take in the next Mona Lisa that I *earned* - in a video game! 

Trophy imagery does not matter in the slightest, and it has absolutely no bearing on overall or generalized game quality. How do I know this for certain? Because this is a Quantic Dream David Cage game, they clearly didn't spend much time on the trophy art, but this is a dev that is obsessive over every last element of gameplay and story, with branching arcs of story/game that is absolutely inconceivable having to design for and around. Not just that, but they spent an inordinate amount of time in development on this particular title - crap, years ago I was expecting this to be a mid-2016 release at the latest. This appears to be their masterpiece in complexity and depth to gameplay choices/branching story elements. They've spent *years* upon *years* working on this, far longer than most any other title for PS4 save a Square Enix game. 

Therefore, calling this game itself lazily done and writing it off entirely, sight unseen and having never played a second of it, just because they took a break during trophy *icons* time is simply insulting to the amount of effort and time they spent developing what'll surely be a gaming masterpiece.

• Like 1

I only skimmed the trophies. I'll take a better look once I've got into the game a little.

It looks a little easier than Beyond Two Souls, because of the no 'All Endings' trophy. That means I can't back out to the main menu by accident when getting the last ending needed, again! ?

Edited by Beeinhollywood
typo.

Finished the game today and got the best ending possible. It’s a great game and I’d say it’s Quantic Dream’s best work yet. Platinum should take 20 hours and only 2 playthroughs required. 

1 hour ago, shlomaniac said:

Survivors trophy is glitched? finished with all 3 alive and it didnt pop... maybe they mean everyone alive including side characters and such? 

All side characters need to be alive.

Edited by NaseemJohn
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, NaseemJohn said:

Finished the game today and got the best ending possible. It’s a great game and I’d say it’s Quantic Dream’s best work yet. Platinum should take 20 hours and only 2 playthroughs required. 

All side characters need to be alive.

thanks, didnt read a guide to avoid spoilers and thought there was a glitch :) 

this is indeed the best work of quntic dream and mr.cage, i had a salty ending with 3% worldwide player base having the same ending lol going to reedem it with another playthrough. 

5 hours ago, shlomaniac said:

thanks, didnt read a guide to avoid spoilers and thought there was a glitch :) 

this is indeed the best work of quntic dream and mr.cage, i had a salty ending with 3% worldwide player base having the same ending lol going to reedem it with another playthrough. 

This is my favourite Quantic Dream game too. I started it yesterday and finished it today because i was so addicted to see what happens next. Funny I also ended up with the 3% worldwide ending too. I made some poor decisions in my first playthrough that I regret and it stays with you a little while after completion.

Also I bet a lot of people will disagree but I actually think they should have included a trophy for completing every flow chart. I know thats time comsuming but gives another reason to do everything and replay the game 

Edited by parkerdip

10 hours ago, parkerdip said:

Also I bet a lot of people will disagree but I actually think they should have included a trophy for completing every flow chart. I know thats time comsuming but gives another reason to do everything and replay the game 

thats a good trophy idea actually, i would also add fun trophies for answering the survey or letting the android from the main menu go and such. 

thank god there is no any kind of speedrun trophy ?

2 hours ago, shlomaniac said:

thats a good trophy idea actually, i would also add fun trophies for answering the survey or letting the android from the main menu go and such. 

thank god there is no any kind of speedrun trophy 1f60b.png

Yeah that’s good too. I let the android go and now I want her back lol 

• Like 1

This trophy list seems much better than previous titles. The one thing that annoyed me about Beyond was having to see every signal ending and going back and playing multiple times and on top of it being unable to skip cut scenes or chapters.

If they had the trophy for "travel every single flowchart option" then it would have been a grind. Rather than linking that to a trophy, they should rather link that to a behind the scenes video / extras.

Just got the platinum, the trophies were just as annoying as they were in Beyond. Not hard, but super annoying having to do another playthrough and a half. One of these days they'll let you skip cutscenes after the first playthrough....hopefully....I just watched a bunch of Youtube with the game on mute after finishing once.

Edited by Pokedude97

5 minutes ago, Pokedude97 said:

Just got the platinum, the trophies were just as annoying as they were in Beyond. Not hard, but super annoying having to do another playthrough and a half. One of these days they'll let you skip cutscenes after the first playthrough....hopefully....I just watched a bunch of Youtube with the game on mute after finishing once.

These type of games aren't meant to just get trophies for. The trophies are setup for you to be able to see all kinds of the different possibilities. If you just bought this for easy trophies that's your fault not the games.

• Like 1