Dark Souls III Fire Fades Save Compatibility?

Dreakon13

I bought the vanilla Dark Souls III disc release cheap online, because I wasn't sure how much I'd get into it.  Never really played Dark Souls before.  After sitting down with it for a while, with my brother to help keep my temper in check... I've become quite enamored with the game.  I'm not done with it, so I have a standard vanilla edition savegame still being played.

If I sold my vanilla copy and bought a cheap new copy of Fire Fades Edition (just to have the latest and greatest disc copy with DLC)... would it be compatible with my existing vanilla save?  I'm really enjoying the game but it'd be tough to start all over at this point. :)

(EDIT: Probably invest in Dark Souls Remastered and Dark Souls II Scholar of the First Sin at some point too.  All the more reason to get the complete Dark Souls III edition to accompany them, and wrap this collection up with a nice pretty bow. ;) )

Edited by Dreakon13

16 hours ago, Dreakon13 said:

Well, I would go vanilla disc to Fire Fades Edition disc, not digital... but I figure that probably shouldn't work any different than yours @RoxasOnFire

Yeah bud, it's not as bad as the ps3 was with instances like that. The game will change names based on the new disk title. But don't worry. A buddy did the exact same thing since it was cheap recently in stores.