Yakuza 6 has the best western launch of the entire series

For the first time in the series’ history, a Yakuza game has made the top 20 of NPD at position 17th! Beating out Sea of Thieves, Kirby and FIFA, the title was also the month’s 4th best selling Playstation 4 game (In a month which saw the PS4 record the best April sales for a leading console since 2009) and must now cement its place as the series most successful Western release. It’s funny how not only strong this series has become but a jump from Kiwami 1 to 6 has had no negative effects on the series sales potential which has been on an upward trend since 2015’s release of Yakuza 5. Numbers are yet to be published but if we ever see them in the wild we’ll be sure to share them with you but for now it’s certain that Kazuma Kiryu’s final outing as the main protagonist of the series is the most successful Western release yet.
http://segabits.com/blog/2018/05/22/yakuza-6s-records-biggest-series-launch-in-us-sales-history/

Honestly, this is the best news any of us could ask for. I do wish it could sell a little bit better, but it's undeniable that the series is getting a lot of popularity of late.

Sounds like the odds of us getting Yakuza 3, 4, 5 ports localized are pretty good.

• Like 4

fantastic. it's such an underrated series. 3, 4, and dead souls bring back highschool memories of avoiding homework for me haha

to be honest I was greatly dissapointed in 5. It's the only yaukza part I bought and never finished. So I've been very reluctant to buy 6th, but I've only heard good about it so far so I might give it on try (tho i think i just missed it on sale OTL)

maybe if it gets enough attention, yakuza kenzan will be released for the west...

On 5/24/2018 at 4:51 AM, communistwookiee said:

So, 3,4, and 5 are getting Western PS4 launches? You know we want it Sega. Make it happen.

Nothing is confirmed yet, but it's a pretty safe assumption if Yakuza 6 sold well despite going up against God of War.

It's really great to read this. Especially since the struggle we had to go through to get a localized version of Yakuza 5.

Hopefully all future Yakuza games, including possible spin-offs will now get a western release without trouble.

On 24.5.2018 at 10:35 AM, Tepp-a said:

fantastic. it's such an underrated series. 3, 4, and dead souls bring back highschool memories of avoiding homework for me haha

to be honest I was greatly dissapointed in 5. It's the only yaukza part I bought and never finished. So I've been very reluctant to buy 6th, but I've only heard good about it so far so I might give it on try (tho i think i just missed it on sale OTL)

maybe if it gets enough attention, yakuza kenzan will be released for the west...

IMO, yakuza 5 was better than yakuza 3/4 but there is not a single bad yakuza game ;D

Back to topic, I am not really a fan of the combat in yakuza 6 (demo) but I will still get it the next few months.

Edited by GoDBoss173

• 2 weeks later...