Trophy Thoughts?

WorldsBestSpy

Looks really fucking cool. 

It might be the alternative for a racing game that ModNation Racers currently is. If we fail to save that game, at least we'll have this...if it turns out good. Trailer looks promising. Though 75 bucks for the deluxe edition seems... excessive.

Trophies don't look too bad at all.

Edited by BlindMango
Renamed title from “thots” to “thoughts”, lol
  • Like 1

Trophies look fairly grindy, especially the gold ones might take a lot of time before they're finished.

Also, before you even consider buying this game, make sure to play a demo or something because the game is nothing like Motorstorm or Burnout. At least that's how the public BETA felt.

See some feedback here: https://www.reddit.com/r/onrushgame/comments/8jk1bj/onrush_open_beta_feedback/

37 minutes ago, HusKyCode said:

Trophies look fairly grindy, especially the gold ones might take a lot of time before they're finished.

Also, before you even consider buying this game, make sure to play a demo or something because the game is nothing like Motorstorm or Burnout. At least that's how the public BETA felt.

See some feedback here: https://www.reddit.com/r/onrushgame/comments/8jk1bj/onrush_open_beta_feedback/

People see cars and automatically thinks: its a racing game. Then, the Motorstorm look-a-like game comes up. This is a Beat’em up game just like Rocket League is a Sports game.

They didn’t need to test the beta, devs already have confirmed long ago about this is not being a Racing game. Eurogamer has an article about it...

2 hours ago, TurtlePM said:

People see cars and automatically thinks: its a racing game. Then, the Motorstorm look-a-like game comes up. This is a Beat’em up game just like Rocket League is a Sports game.

They didn’t need to test the beta, devs already have confirmed long ago about this is not being a Racing game. Eurogamer has an article about it...

It's developed by the same team that created Motorstorm, of course everyone is going to compare it with Motorstorm.

Regarding whether it's a racing game, this is stated in their store description: "A celebration of sensational speed, outright fun and over the top spectacle ONRUSH is a racing game where you are always in the heart of the action." I did not mention "racing game" in my comment anywhere btw.

However, I did find this game lacking, especially for a 70€ price tag.

1 hour ago, HusKyCode said:

It's developed by the same team that created Motorstorm, of course everyone is going to compare it with Motorstorm.

Regarding whether it's a racing game, this is stated in their store description: "A celebration of sensational speed, outright fun and over the top spectacle ONRUSH is a racing game where you are always in the heart of the action." I did not mention "racing game" in my comment anywhere btw.

However, I did find this game lacking, especially for a 70€ price tag.

Hmm maybe I wasn’t implying anything about what your comment, I was agreeing with you about what OP said.

The only thing I said about “racing” was mentioning Eurogamer and others already said that it wasn’t a racing game, long before the BETA. So you don’t need to play it, just watch the first gameplay video and it’s obvious. SSX is also marked as “Racing” in the description, it has some “races” but it’s one of the modes, like this one should have...

And yes, it’s a Codemasters game, rather the Motorstorm team is in it or not. Look what they did to Micro Machines...  

I played the Beta for roughly two hours and all my hopes for this game have been destroyed afterwards.
The concept of a race without finish line and auto-deathmatch whatever may sounds pretty cool and different but it just doesn't work out. Stuff like that every vehicle feels the same could be fixed but this overall not working concept can not. From a racing game point of view its bad too – the cars handling belongs to the worst i ever experienced and I have played a lot racing games. Let's not mention the grafiks and overall look.

Mark my words: this game will flop... :D 

• Like 1

I still haven't been able to get a game in this timed demo thing, so they aren't making a very good first impression. I'm assuming I need to be online to play the game at all, then? 

Anyway, I feel this is more MP focused than I want it to be. I'm ok with having to complete 10 of each MP mode, but if that player level has anything to do with MP count me out. That is, if I ever even get a chance to try this game before release. Every video has looked like you can't control the cars very well. Looks way too chaotic for my tastes. 

6 hours ago, Patrickosan said:

I'm only worried about those golden trophies. Seems like a lot of grind, like in other Codemasters games. Really hope it won't be that bad but it's getting really annoying that each game has some boring grindy trophies... Just why?! 

Beacuse its CodeMasters, and hey long ago went all in with MP. There seems to be a belief that heavy MP grinds keep players active in the MP longer. This reduces second hand sales and keeps the MP populated.

In theory.

It also seems like a good way to disguise a lack of actual content.

• Like 1

On 5/24/2018 at 5:31 PM, OBSTINATIO said:

I played the Beta for roughly two hours and all my hopes for this game have been destroyed afterwards.
The concept of a race without finish line and auto-deathmatch whatever may sounds pretty cool and different but it just doesn't work out. Stuff like that every vehicle feels the same could be fixed but this overall not working concept can not. From a racing game point of view its bad too – the cars handling belongs to the worst i ever experienced and I have played a lot racing games. Let's not mention the grafiks and overall look.

Mark my words: this game will flop... :D 

Agreed. Granted I only played for 20 minutes but I didn't like it at all. Maybe if the battles were placed in arenas and not on a linear track it would have been more enjoyable. And the $60 price tag is just way too much for this.

On 29.05.2018 at 11:13 AM, shlomaniac said:

the beta was fun for me but 60$ is too much but if i wait for sale the game will be empty on servers.

huge platinum achievement dilemma here. 

to buy the guy full price and do it quick or to wait for sale and beg for boosting lol. 

Wait until it will drop down in price, many other better games there to play :)

Edited by Patrickosan