Trophy Thoughts?

This is a really easy trophy list, considering most of the legitimately difficult games have no trophy (Kid Chameleon) or an incredibly easy trophy to get (Alien Soldier).  Also the save states make the couple potentially hard challenges not a challenge at all.

Streets of Rage 1 - getting to the final boss without a continue might be the hardest one, but that's still not too bad.

Getting all emeralds in Sonic 1 might be the most annoying.  Those rotating bonus levels are the worst.

We don't know what all the challenges are, but I can't imagine them being that crazy.

Edited by Jordache7k

29 minutes ago, Jordache7k said:

This is a really easy trophy list, considering most of the legitimately difficult games have no trophy

I'm guessing you haven't played Streets of Rage 3. Even with save states that trophy won't be a cakewalk. The Western version of SoR3 is famed for being really tough D:

I'm glad they've changed up the trophy list this time rather than just copying and pasting the list from the PS3 version. Gives an extra reason to play it. The rest of the list does look easy for the most part. These challenges have gotten me curious and I'm wondering how they'll be integrated :hmm:

• Like 2

Some of the challenges. I couldn't quite make out the rest, though this gives some insight as to what kind of difficulty level the challenges are eyeballing.

A lot of challenges have a "launch" button, meaning the conditions have been set up already and you can try it immediately using a pre-determined save state.

• Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine — Starting in the middle of a game, get a score of at least 4,000.
  • Beyond Oasis — Defeat the crab nabber using just the dagger.
  • Columns — Starting using the provided mid-game save, get to a score of 5,000.
  • Shadow Dancer — Complete stage 1-2 with the dog in its puppy state.
  • Space Harrier 2 — Complete stage 1 without losing a life.
  • Sonic the Hedgehog — Complete Green Hill Zone Act 2 in mirror mode in under 1 minute.
  • Streets of Rage — Finish stage 1 with a full bar of health.
  • The revenge of Shinobi — Complete the first level with just one health bar remaining.
  • Streets of Rage 2 — Complete stage 2 without picking up any items.
  • Streets of Rage 3 — Beat the twin bosses at the end of stage 2 with just 10% (or less) health remaining.
  • Shining Force — Make it to alterome with no more than 1 team member dying in battle.
  • Ristar — Complete planet flora round 1 without taking damage.
  • Golden Axe — Take on level 8 of the duel and win as Gilius Thunderhead, but your health is low.
  • Golden Axe 2 — Defeat the second boss while playing as Ax Battler, but using no magic or continues.
  • Golden Axe 3 — Beat the 2 minotaurs without using a continue.
  • Flicky — Complete round 10 in under 2 minutes.
  • Crack Down — Finish stage 1 act 3 with at least 1:50 left.
  • Vectorman 2 — Collect all 123 photons on level 2.
  • Virtua Fighter 2 — Take control of Kage-Maru and perform an epic comeback to win the fight.
  • Comix Zone — Win the kung fung tournament, but your health bar is looking low.
  • Like 3

I was really hoping Phantasy Star would have a trophy for just beating the game, but I guess they can't force you to play it now.

However, we don't know what these "challenges" are.... Maybe Speedruns of all the games? OMG, I would die laughing! xD it'd go from a 30% to a 3% plat in an instant!

Yeah, that's gonna be the deciding factor; whether or not save states/cheats disable trophies.

That aside, I do like that trophies want you to actually play through the majority of the games, instead of doing simple tasks like collecting 100 rings on one level or other things that could be accomplished by beating stage one like it was for SUGC.

But man, that is one lame looking platinum. I mean, compare it to the SUGC one; all that is is a blue Sega token, and that alone is more appealing than a dull grey colored trophy.

C'mon now, how hard is it to at least color it BLUE?

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Milktastrophe said:

Really disappointing list. I'll probably just wait until there's a separate release for a Phantasy Star Collection or Shining Force Collection.

Kinda with you on this. Even though there's challenges, which kinda makes up for a bit of a poor list, they could have had a trophy for each game at least. Plus the challenge trophies added on top. Oh well, I'll still be playing it at some point.