My thoughts after platinum,even though nobody cares.

In2umniaKillH3r

27 minutes ago, In2umniaKillH3r said:

For anyone wondering if they should play the game for what it is or just for the platinum,here's my thoughts from amateur MMO player.

I've solely started playing this game cause the platinum looked easy and it was.

I've played very few MMO before but i can say, that in my opinion,that's easily the worst one.

The story and quests and plain old boring. If you just want the platinum, just skip everything, you won't miss much.

There's basically 4 types of quests-

1- Talk to NPC that tells you to go talk to another NPC, which tells you to go talk to another NPC, which tells you to go talk to another NPC. The 3rd one tells you to kill something.

2- Kill this 10 times, then kill this 5 times.

3- NPC tells you to collect valuable stuff that are 10m away from him/her.

4- Complete 5-man dungeon, that you can't access since you're overleveled.

Everything is too easy.

Campaign bosses are easier than some mobs.

Dungeon aren't challenging at all, there's basically no strats for most of them as long as you're bright enough to avoid the big red circles.

Everything is confusing and there's not enough tutorials, you have to wing it or Google it.

The only good part about this game is the combat,which is fun.

All in all, if you're looking to play a good MMO, there's plenty of better options  out there.

If you're for an easy platinum, then go ahead,the hardest part of the game is finding people to do the dungeons. Most is around 5-10 mins.

HOLY SHIT IS THAT IN2 :o

It took me a second to recognize the profile name (as I knew you mostly as just IN2). How are you doing? 

This is the man responsible for a lot of my kickass Trophy Guide Banners from back in the day. I still love this one

0uy75.png

Also this is the guy who created the super smexy platbars that I could never find anyone to recreate. 

• Like 3

You just described the MMO formula that's been around since WoW. It sounds like you just don't like MMOs. The pull for the game is also the fact that is has actual gameplay. Which was a huge deal when it first game out, and it's still something that sets it apart from a lot of other games in the genre. Especially F2P MMOs.

It's also not difficult to plat, but the actual end-game can be. Telling people not to play this game, and saying it's bad, just because what is essentially the tutorial is too easy, is a bit ridiculous. If you only want the trophies, then it's a fairly easy, enjoyable, and free plat. If you want to actually play the game, then yeah, leveling is going to be easy, like it is for basically every MMO these days. You're going to be doing the same types of quests where you go kill or collect things in the nearby area. There's a reason they call it grinding. Leveling has never been the fun part of any MMO. The fun part of MMOs is the endgame. Getting your character all decked out so you can run the latest and greatest content that actually does push you and your party/guild to the limit.

Also, it's an MMO. If you play it solo, it's not going to be as fun. Same is true for basically every multiplayer game. Go play Heroes of the Storm or Paladins by yourself, against bots, and only with bots as teammates. It's going to get real boring, real fast. But play those games with a group of friends, against real people, and it's going to be a lot more fun.

It's fine if you didn't like the game. This is the internet, so nothing I say will change your opinion. I get that. This post is for other people to see, because it'd be a shame for someone to miss out on a fun, and free, game, just because of one opinion from someone who apparently doesn't even like the genre.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, DARKB1KE said:

https://www.trueachievements.com/n32083/tera-review

Just imagine that it is a 2012 game with old MMO mechanics, being played in 2018.

Because that's what you're doing.

Everything is gonna be dated. 

I understand about the dated mechanics.

In my opinion, Neverwinter was better and it came out 1-2 years after this game.

Anyway, it was just my opinion from an MMO-amateur point of view.

1 hour ago, Dr_Mayus said:

HOLY SHIT IS THAT IN2 :o

It took me a second to recognize the profile name (as I knew you mostly as just IN2). How are you doing? 

This is the man responsible for a lot of my kickass Trophy Guide Banners from back in the day. I still love this one

0uy75.png

Also this is the guy who created the super smexy platbars that I could never find anyone to recreate. 

Yeah, it's me. That brings back memories. From an outside view or understanding, this banner looks probably awful. 

Doing awesome, i've restarted doing more platinum,was on a slowdown for a couple of years.

Hope you're doing well.

Edited by In2umniaKillH3r
typo
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, ExHaseo said:

You just described the MMO formula that's been around since WoW. It sounds like you just don't like MMOs. The pull for the game is also the fact that is has actual gameplay. Which was a huge deal when it first game out, and it's still something that sets it apart from a lot of other games in the genre. Especially F2P MMOs.

It's also not difficult to plat, but the actual end-game can be. Telling people not to play this game, and saying it's bad, just because what is essentially the tutorial is too easy, is a bit ridiculous. If you only want the trophies, then it's a fairly easy, enjoyable, and free plat. If you want to actually play the game, then yeah, leveling is going to be easy, like it is for basically every MMO these days. You're going to be doing the same types of quests where you go kill or collect things in the nearby area. There's a reason they call it grinding. Leveling has never been the fun part of any MMO. The fun part of MMOs is the endgame. Getting your character all decked out so you can run the latest and greatest content that actually does push you and your party/guild to the limit.

Also, it's an MMO. If you play it solo, it's not going to be as fun. Same is true for basically every multiplayer game. Go play Heroes of the Storm or Paladins by yourself, against bots, and only with bots as teammates. It's going to get real boring, real fast. But play those games with a group of friends, against real people, and it's going to be a lot more fun.

It's fine if you didn't like the game. This is the internet, so nothing I say will change your opinion. I get that. This post is for other people to see, because it'd be a shame for someone to miss out on a fun, and free, game, just because of one opinion from someone who apparently doesn't even like the genre.

I've played both ESO and Neverwinter for 5 months(each) in a row for more than 8hrs+/day.

Check my profile, but sure, i hate MMO. /s

You like the game, i don't like it. End of story.

Different opinions for people to see.

8 hours ago, ExHaseo said:

Yup, the real time combat was something new to the mmo scene at the time instead of lock-on combat style.  Nowadays it's nothing special but yeah a product of its time. 

Play this game if you want an easy Plat and some trophies

Play it if you're looking for bright worlds and pleasing character design and outfits ;)

Edited by DARKB1KE

12 hours ago, In2umniaKillH3r said:

I understand about the dated mechanics.

In my opinion, Neverwinter was better and it came out 1-2 years after this game.

Anyway, it was just my opinion from an MMO-amateur point of view.

1-2 years a lot can be improved. Final Fantasy XIV came out I guess about a year later than Tera and around Neverwinter but is better than both combined. Too bad its sub based though or a lot of people could see the difference F2P and Sub based really is. The quality is night and day. My only complaint is the amount of lag and screen tears the game seem to have on PS4. And this is PS4!! that can handle much more. PC Tera still looks way better and plays more fluid than PS4 though. And I doubt its cause PS4 cant handle it; again look at the quality with FFXIV on PS4 vs PC. Pretty close.

I agree some of the mechanics for TERA is a bit outdated and should had expanded like WoW. It;s the only F2P that is still standing from that era pretty much. Everything is pretty easy even more now in PS4. It seems they just want to hand out stuffs and let people enjoy the game than have it rough like the original PC release time. Leveling to bosses are easier, at least in "NORMAL" mode. Try Elite mode. Im surprised the trophy list too is so easy. Theres no elite stuffs!!? wow. And no crafting whatso ever trophies?...They are reallly trying to get people to play this game. At least more trophy hunters too. But yeah its a 2012 MMO, thats how they come.

Edited by ERGOPROXY-DECAY

15 hours ago, In2umniaKillH3r said:

Yeah, it's me. That brings back memories. From an outside view or understanding, this banner looks probably awful. 

Doing awesome, i've restarted doing more platinum,was on a slowdown for a couple of years.

Hope you're doing well.

Yeah you are probably right :P If they saw the original request I believe I asked you to make me a shitty looking banner in the style of pictionary ^_^

For all of you noobs here is a nice looking banner that in2 made me 

vlwUk.png

Well glad you are around here. We need more of the old faces making themselves known :D

8 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Yeah you are probably right :P If they saw the original request I believe I asked you to make me a shitty looking banner in the style of pictionary ^_^

For all of you noobs here is a nice looking banner that in2 made me 

vlwUk.png

Well glad you are around here. We need more of the old faces making themselves known :D

Haha thanks. Gotta say this is one of my favorite banner. Mainly due to the overly colorful typography. :)

23 hours ago, stupot00 said:

Well at least I know what I'm getting myself into when I start it, also nice to see you back on the platinum hunt in2 1f600.png

Enjoyment of a game is very subjective. Hope you'll have more fun than me and let me know your thoughts once you get the platinum.

On 5/24/2018 at 11:49 PM, DARKB1KE said:

https://www.trueachievements.com/n32083/tera-review

Just imagine that it is a 2012 game with old MMO mechanics, being played in 2018.

Because that's what you're doing.

Everything is gonna be dated. 

@DARKB1KE is right, I was surprised to see it as a console release after so long. Its biggest selling point on its initial release was the combat system. Which if you play a much superior MMO (FFXIV) you'll find the combat mechanics similar, yet more improved and it actually has a decent story and non-repetitive quests. Yes it costs to play, but the trophies are rewarding and the game itself has an insane amount of replayability.  

53 minutes ago, gnova said:

What's the general plat road map? Can you pretty much skip all the side quests?

Yes, all that matters is leveling up enough to access instances and fight world bosses. Easier than DCUO but only bc you need 1 character.

Edited by RoxasOnFire
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

A good MMO that is not too easy is Dungons and Dragons Online ( its only on pc) It has a great class system, battle system, loot system, good story and most importantly, a good combat system. It is a really under rated mmo. The real reason why it is almost dead is that even though it is a mmo, you need to pay for a membership or buy all of the packs (packs are dlcs) in order to really beat the game. and there is a lot of lag. but it gets updated monthly. I agree. This mmo sucks. It is almost a eye sore tbh.