So about the Battlefield 5 reaction.

Tusked-Lattice

35 minutes ago, Tusked-Lattice said:

Is there anything more pathetic than being an absolutely butt frustrated loser who gets absoulutely enranged about video games and "social justice warriors" because a game has a woman on the cover? 

Things like this make me ashamed to even be associated with the wider gaming community. 

To even buy into their "argument" you would to believe in the ridiculous premise that battlefield is some realistic war sim to begin with. 

I keep myself relatively in-the-know and I haven't really seen too much of a negative reaction over the games cover.  That being said, in my experience, usually that kind of volatile over-reaction is a result of (ignorant as it may be) compensating for a volatile over-reaction from another side (ie. the demand for women to have a higher penetration in games regardless of how relevant or necessary it is within the context of that game).  For example, being upset that there is a woman on the cover of Battlefield 5 is "a taste of their own medicine" to something like, being upset that one of the leads in GTA V wasn't a woman... which was quite a thing back when GTA V came out originally.  It's petty and childish IMO, that kind of eye for an eye social posturing... but the gaming community as a whole is childish and petty.  Even the people who champion the supposedly better/open minded/tolerant side of it.

Personally, I think the cover art for Battlefield hasn't really changed very much since Battlefield 4.  Only thing its guilty of is being a bit unoriginal at this point... man, woman or otherwise.

EDIT: Honestly, I'm surprised people aren't more upset that the "deluxe edition" swaps a man character in for the woman on the cover. xD

Edited by Dreakon13
  • Like 2

I'm curious about the level that takes place in Rotterdam.

7 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

There are people upset a female is on the cover? Even though there were female combatants in world war 2? Seems really petty

I'm surprised people are upset about this too. Seems like there are complaints both when females are in games and when they're not :facepalm: .

2 minutes ago, Dreakon13 said:

Personally, I think the cover art for Battlefield hasn't really changed very much since Battlefield 4.  Only thing its guilty of is being a bit unoriginal at this point... man, woman or otherwise.

Battlefield 3 also has a similar cover art style.

Edited by Dragon-Archon

3 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Battlefield 3 also has a similar cover art style.

I went back and looked.  It was "different enough" that I chose to not include it... but yeah, it's pretty similar too. :)

Edited by Dreakon13

8 minutes ago, Dreakon13 said:

EDIT: Honestly, I'm surprised people aren't more upset that the "deluxe edition" swaps a man character in for the woman on the cover. xD

I even read on Twitter people saying is a marketing strategy to make the butthurt men give more money for BFV.

If is true (I doubt it, though) would be hilarious because is going to work xD T

The campaign is suppose to be a true reflection of events during that time period. IMO it seems like EA/DICE feared a backlash from not having a major lead female character, so shoehorned one in, even though its not historically accurate.

I honestly couldnt care less - as long as the game is decent, which at this stage im still cautious at - hasnt claimed my bank card just yet.

• Like 2

I dont mind there being a female lead in BF5. I mean its a game i dont really care about historical accuracy. What does annoy me is that we are seeing a lot more companies catering to the SJW's. Just make the game how you want without worrying about hurting someones feelings. 

• Like 4

Tbh I'm just happy that they are still including a story **side glance at BOPS IIII** and not jumping on the battle royale band wagon.  But on topic, I don't think it really changes the story in any way whether it is a male or female character...it still plays the same.  But I do know people who won't play games simply because they have to play as a female, which is sad.

1 hour ago, waterfields1 said:

The campaign is suppose to be a true reflection of events during that time period. IMO it seems like EA/DICE feared a backlash from not having a major lead female character, so shoehorned one in, even though its not historically accurate.

I honestly couldnt care less - as long as the game is decent, which at this stage im still cautious at - hasnt claimed my bank card just yet.

What's not historically accurate? Women from multiple countries around the world served in actual combat during world war 2

• Like 3

I understand people thinking the trailer was bad, aside from the inclusion of a female character anyway. The term "SJW" has pretty much no meaning anymore. I guess it now stands for anyone with a remotely left leaning view that someone disagrees with? Pffft, okay.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Jay_Cash said:

I understand people thinking the trailer was bad, aside from the inclusion of a female character anyway. The term "SJW" has pretty much no meaning anymore. I guess it now stands for anyone with a remotely left leaning view that someone disagrees with? Pffft, okay.

The vocal gaming community can't seem to be anything but very right or very left on certain topics.  Claiming that much of what we read is "remotely left leaning" is generous at best.

I seen the battlefield 5 trailer it looks beautiful can’t argue with graphics, voice, sound effects, and the little gameplay they showed, dice put a lot of effort into their games. Now I am upset that they are females in battlefield 5, in different countries women have served, don’t know if there will be American females running around the frontline. If there are battlefield is another cod ww2 just bigger and better. Battlefield 1 stood up with all males in multiplayer and in the story there was only 1 female. When the add ons came there were female in the Russian team which then again it was historically accurate 3k women served, saw the whole rags youtube video calling out a channel “the know” saying “oh it’s 2016 women should be a playable character in multiplayer” no no no that’s not how it should be. It should be fair put in a vote should women be in ww2 or historical events in games fighting like in that trailer of battlefield 5. Can’t stand sjw they get all the attention now they are probably changing the course of games. 

Yes,  i think it's not inclusion of woman in the game or cover. It's about how they position themselves in first place. and turn out reveal trailer is so anime that is not justify what expectation view of WW2 could be.

Edited by FielVeredus
  • Like 1

I thought that putting a MECHANICAL ARM in the girl a little to much, but the rest of the trailer was so over the top that any complaints about "authenticity" is bullshit IMO. If someone say to me that it was a rebooted trailer from Brothers in Arms: The Furious 4 I would believe it.

I heard somewhere that you can customize your character as you like in the online mode, so you can expect reeeeeeeeeeeally wacky shit. I have I friend that I'm sure will play as a nazi black woman with some strange colored face paint if the games allow it just for the lulz.

Edited by ElBolovo
grammar

19 hours ago, waterfields1 said:

Over 350,000 women served in the United States Armed Forces alone. They had their own branches of services (Woman's Auxiliary Corps, Women Airforce Service Pilots, etc.)

So.....historically innaccurate right? Because in a bunch of a people's opinions, having women in a game and in a starring role has to be some kind of conspiracy against video gamers. This kind of sexism behaviour makes me sad.

• Like 3

Yes, your strawman is certainly stupid. But most people have multiple issues with the game. Like the way the trailer was edited, the prosthetic the woman has, the sword using dude, among other things. I don't care about Battlefield so meh, I haven't even seen the trailer.

How people can honestly think gamers, by and large, give two shits about women in games or minorities in games is beyond me. Go look for people complaining about Left 4 Dead and see what comes up. Bet you'll struggle to find anything.

• Like 1