Brutal difficulty w/ tweaks - here's some up-to-date info

Thanks so much for your easy-to-follow instructions HusKyCode! I'm going for that trophy soon.

Just wanted to ask if the game gets too easy with the One-Shot Kills tweak activated? Don't you just breeze through the game with that tweak activated?

Edited by M-A-T-T--89

2 minutes ago, M-A-T-T--89 said:

Thanks so much for your easy-to-follow instructions HusKyCode! I'm going for that trophy soon.

Just wanted to ask if the game gets too easy with the One-Shot Kills tweak activated? Don't you just breeze through the game with that tweak activated?

You can breeze through it yeah. Combine it with Infinite ammo and it just depends on how well you can use cover but it definitely makes it much easier.

One section that's tough though and luck based is the chase scene when you're on the turret.

45 minutes ago, M-A-T-T--89 said:

Considering that you get two-shotted before the screen fades from black, it almost evens the playing field. 

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, GonzoWARgasm said:

Considering that you get two-shotted before the screen fades from black, it almost evens the playing field. 

And in the first one sometimes it only takes one shot too. Definitely evens it out.

• Like 1

I've read a lot about the trophy in forums and such and it often sounded as if brutal is unbalanced, unfair and buggy. And it's dumb that people with the golden guns (people who pre-ordered) are at such an advantage. So I'll definitely use the infinite ammo glitch for brutal to make up for that. I might try it without the One-shot Kill tweak first and see how it goes...

Edited by M-A-T-T--89

17 hours ago, M-A-T-T--89 said:

Personally I found the difficulty ridiculous. Even with one shot kills, you will die plenty. Basically, if more than 1 enemy rushes you, you are dead because you will instantly take those 2 shots and die. Also, there are certain areas where tweaks don't provide advantage and you will just have to keep trying over and over.

• Like 1

Oh, okay. Thanks for that insight. Well, in that case I'll use both tweaks. I just thought Crushing was a lot of fun and really not that hard, so Brutal might be just a tad harder. But from all I've read and heard by now, Brutal really doesn't sound like fun at all. So yeah, I'll try to get it over with as quick as possible.

Thanks for this! I’ll be playing these at some point cos the online for the originals is too painful ? I completed brutal on all 3 uc remasters on old account a few years ago and it is bullsh!t. Any sections that require you to run and all vehicle sections were extremely unfair. The game wasn’t designed for a brutal mode to begin with! Do you think this might work for 2 and 3 also? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HOGIE838IRE said:

Thanks for this! I’ll be playing these at some point cos the online for the originals is too painful 1f602.png I completed brutal on all 3 uc remasters on old account a few years ago and it is bullsh!t. Any sections that require you to run and all vehicle sections were extremely unfair. The game wasn’t designed for a brutal mode to begin with! Do you think this might work for 2 and 3 also? 

The method for those games is different. I haven't done U3 yet, but U2 requires the physical copy since they patched it out for some reason. So you have to uninstall the patch. After it's turned on you can install the patch and keep the tweaks on though. Not sure if U3 was patched or not, I've seen conflicting info on that. Thinking of saving U3 for my 150th plat so don't feel like dealing with it.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Oh, I didn't know there was "single retail" release, interesting. I used "The Nathan Drake Collection" and it was on 1.02.

Can't tell for sure it's going to work with your version but you should definitely try it out. It only takes couple minutes.

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

What a challenge that was.  Crushing without tweaks was easier than Brutal with tweaks. ?

Brutal is 1-2 shots you die! Hardest parts were the Jeep section and the SeaDoos... And library fight.  I'd say the sewer part but I glitched that part to make it easier.  ;) 

Thankfully U2 is going to be a bit more forgiving on Crushing and Brutal. 

Edited by Paradigmatica
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 23-2-2019 at 4:32 PM, Paradigmatica said:

What a challenge that was.  Crushing without tweaks was easier than Brutal with tweaks. 1f628.png

Brutal is 1-2 shots you die! Hardest parts were the Jeep section and the SeaDoos... And library fight.  I'd say the sewer part but I glitched that part to make it easier.  ;) 

Thankfully U2 is going to be a bit more forgiving on Crushing and Brutal. 

Lol right now I'm at chapter 4 during the fight at the plainwreck (without tweaks) and it drives me insane. Seeing now that this fight is probably nothing compared to the sections you mentioned makes me want to give up on this trophy entirely ^^ 

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I’ve just checked it out and it works on my digital copy. Thanks man! I was stuck at chapter 4... In the menu, tweaks seem disabled, but when you play they’re abled instead. I’ve also just finished Uncharted 2 at brutal difficulty without tweaks and I think that’s the hardest thing I’ve ever done in a videogame.

• Like 1

On 9/7/2019 at 11:34 PM, ShinySpidey said:

I’ve just checked it out and it works on my digital copy. Thanks man! I was stuck at chapter 4... In the menu, tweaks seem disabled, but when you play they’re abled instead. I’ve also just finished Uncharted 2 at brutal difficulty without tweaks and I think that’s the hardest thing I’ve ever done in a videogame.

Just to clarify in terms of the Digital version, Uncharted 1 exploit works with the patch while Uncharted 2 and 3 exploits don't work with the patch?

2 hours ago, Last-_-Judgment said:

Just to clarify in terms of the Digital version, Uncharted 1 exploit works with the patch while Uncharted 2 and 3 exploits don't work with the patch?

Yep pretty much.

I remember trying U2 with patch and it did not work. I removed the patch and it worked afterwards.

I'm not sure with U3 but I think I removed the patch there as well.

• Like 1

On 11/09/2019 at 0:52 PM, Last-_-Judgment said:

Uncharted 1 works even with the patch, I don’t think exploits works on U2 as well, but I’ve never checked. 

Soon I’m gonna check U3 because that’s the only left to me to plat.