Brutal difficulty w/ tweaks - here's some up-to-date info

Trucking through it now, if you really wanna see how broken the AI is set it to ultra slow motion and you will see some borderline impossible skillshots on part of the AI or better yet laser gunmen that follow your head when you jump up and down behind a solid wall with zero visibility. The chase scene in particular was absolutely broken, quads shooting you in the back or side while your range of motion is restricted from shooting back at them, split second timing from extremely far off and obscured distances made even worse by a giant firebomb going off in front of them every time you blow something up yet they can see just fine. It should be called Supernatural difficulty instead of Brutal.

However, if you play with ultra slow motion mode on during hard spots you can pull some pretty sweet navy seal type last stands clearing through an entire group of 10 or more without taking a shot. If you're lucky that is, eventually an AI always gets a 1 hit half a second insta kill on you depending on their gun (Micro 9mm).

Edited by Asmund89
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Hello guys. I don't want neither bragging nor disturbing. I completed Unch. 1 & 2 on brutal without any cheat.

Unch. 1 is worse, without any doubt, enemies move in strange ways and sometimes you have just to be lucky (the last chapter...).

I have to be honest, i'm pretty sad reading this thread; I think that brutal is a great challenge and what you have to do is just studying.
Study enemies, their movements, covers and find the best way to overtake an area.
I think they were two of my best experiences in videogames and considering that I loved (both on PS3 and PS4) the Uncharted series like many many others it's satisfactory to complete them on such a difficulty.
Ok, Unch. 1 is unbalanced
and stupid sometimes; but it's short, just 3\4 areas are very very difficult.

If you want a piece of advice I'm here, write to me, I'm not a pro-player (if you see my profile you'll see it, I barely turn on the console).
I hope someone will try anyway to complete them without cheats;
IMO if you play first Uncharted 2 on brutal then Uncharted 1 is better, 'cause the chapter 4 on the first is too challenging as impact.

If someone had completed on brutal without cheats I'd like to read that, just to share the satisfaction togheter

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Ha, awesome! Thanks HusKy! I just used your process to finish the last little bit of Crushing a little faster. It was really simple and easy! Funny how much different that Options button makes.

For reference for others, I was playing Uncharted 1 on the Digital Nathan Drake Collection version 1.02 that we got for PS+ free game.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/3/2020 at 9:02 AM, ChronoCliff said:

Ha, awesome! Thanks HusKy! I just used your process to finish the last little bit of Crushing a little faster. It was really simple and easy! Funny how much different that Options button makes.

For reference for others, I was playing Uncharted 1 on the Digital Nathan Drake Collection version 1.02 that we got for PS+ free game.

@ChronoCliff  Can you explain me how did  you do it please? 

After the step 6, when I press options button I'm in the difficuty selector.

I'm using the same version (Digital Nathan Drake Collection version 1.02)

EDIT: problem solved ?

Edited by Setus_Sama

• 5 months later...

Do this work for crushing? Or is it like the PS3 version where you need to beat Crushing to get enough points to buy the relevant tweaks? If you've only beaten it on Hard could you just repeat the steps but switch the difficulty down to Hard and enable the tweaks instead of Crushing?

Edited by bikeman223

1 hour ago, bikeman223 said:

Do this work for crushing? Or is it like the PS3 version where you need to beat Crushing to get enough points to buy the relevant tweaks? If you've only beaten it on Hard could you just repeat the steps but switch the difficulty down to Hard and enable the tweaks instead of Crushing?

Works for Crushing as well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HusKy said:

Works for Crushing as well.

Thanks. Is Brutal worth it via this method in your opinion? I’m probably not going for 100%, so if it’s a less stressful time with Crushing I’ll stick to that. 

Edit: Never-mind you have to beat Crushing to unlock Brutal.

Edited by bikeman223

• 1 month later...

I LITERALLY just beat CRUSHING last night and hoo boy did i die a shit ton on chapters 21 & 22, about 40x each, I'm not even exaggerating. I used the tweaks glitch when starting brutal, just to see if it did indeed work and was'nt a massive troll lol it worked. Gonna play brutal all the way through today.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, jonnythesmartguy said:

If you beat it on Hard, could you start a Brutal playthrough and change your difficulty to Hard for the glitch to work? Or do you have to beat Crushing?

You have to beat Crushing to unlock Brutal.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Well, I didn't need any of these tweaks the first time, but I guess this is good to know if I ever bother with this difficulty again. Yes, I understand how imbalanced Brutal is, but I'm glad I completed the games normally. It'd be fascinating to know what percentage of players on the website earned the Brutal trophies without this method. 

• 2 months later...
On 26/05/2018 at 1:21 AM, HusKy said:

I've just finished Brutal difficulty with tweaks enabled and thought I would provide some up-to-date info because it seems to be scattered across multiple threads in several forum sections. I was running latest patch and I had to enable them only once for my entire playthrough (I died many times and even shut down my console several times) and the trophy popped without an issue.

Game info:

Type: Physical (The Nathan Drake Collection)

Version: 1.02 (I did not remove patches; this should most likely work with digital release as well?)

Steps to start new game with tweaks enabled:

0. Finish the game on Crushing difficulty.

1. Start the game, in the main menu choose "New Game" and choose regular game on Brutal difficulty, not continuous speed run.

2. Create new save, just to be sure.

3. First chapter starts on the boat. Once you can control Nate, press Options button.

4. Go to "Options" -> "Game" -> "Difficulty" - set it to "Crushing", press O and a warning should appear.

5. Press Options button. Game should unpause.

6. Press Options button again.

7. Go to "Bonuses" -> "Rewards" -> "Tweaks" and enable anything you like. (In my case I enabled "Infinite Ammo" and "One-Shot Kills".)

8. Press O 3x. You should be back in the base pause menu.

9. Go to "Options" -> "Game" -> "Difficulty" - set it back "Brutal", press O and a warning should appear.

10. Press Options button. Game should unpause.

At this point tweaks should be enabled and you should be on Brutal difficulty. You can check that again via Pause menu.

When playing the game later again, choose "Continue" in the main menu, not chapter select.

If everything worked correctly:

- enabled tweaks should become part of your save

- you should not need to enable them again for this particular run even if you quit the game, turn off the console and later load your save

- you should not need to enable them again if you die in the game

- if you go to main menu, choose "Chapters", you should see all finished chapters marked with Brutal difficulty

Hope this helps someone. 1f44c.png

This is great, thanks for posting this.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, JediKnight_327 said:

If I want to use the tweaks on Crushing does my first playthrough have to be on hard or would explorer work too?

Assuming you can even access tweaks on explorer difficulty, it should probably work.

29 minutes ago, HusKy said:

Assuming you can even access tweaks on explorer difficulty, it should probably work.

ok thanks, I'll give it a go and post and update when I'm done.

Update: explorer mode locks you out of trophies so my first playthrough will be on easy

Update 2: infinite ammo and one-shot kills will only be unlocked after completing the game on hard

Edited by JediKnight_327
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Donath02 said:

Do you have to finish the game on crushing first or can it be every other difficulty, for example normal?

You have to beat the game on Crushing to unlock Brutal.

If crushing is too hard you can unlock the tweaks on hard mode which you can then use on crushing. Its an extra play through but its easier.

I thought I could play on easy and unlock them but the tweaks menu says that for infinite ammo and one-shot kills you need to beat it on hard.

• Like 1