Trophy thoughts?

On 5/27/2018 at 0:03 AM, Dangisuckatgamin said:

I might have to get this. Loved these games in the past.

Won't be for awhile though and probably a sale price.

Trophies look fun too but time consuming. 1f60c.png

Uh, that depends by what you mean as "these games." There have only been a few entries in this series up to this point, and they've all failed compared to the real Harvest Moon series (which is now called Story of Seasons). What you're seeing here is simply a cash in using it's name. When the developers of Harvest Moon started publishing the games in the west, Natsume held onto the "Harvest Moon" name which forced the real games to be rebranded as "Story of Seasons." Then using the Harvest Moon name, Natsume started recruiting unknown developers to make clones in an attempt to continue "their" series.

So basically don't go into this game expecting Harvest Moon, because that's not actually what it is. Instead it's a farm sim of it's own that attempts to emulate the real series. (Although as far as emulating the series goes, every release so far has been greatly different, and they've even attempted to cash in on Mine Craft's popularity.)

• Like 4

Yeah, came here to basically say fuck Natsume.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Story_of_Seasons_video_games

Due to Natsume keeping the rights to the Harvest Moon name when Marvelous decided to have their own American division, Xseed Games, take over North American distribution, the latest title in the series had to change its name to Story of Seasons[6] while Natsume took the opportunity to start making their own "Harvest Moon" games starting with Harvest Moon: The Lost Valley. This has caused some degree of confusion.[7]

Edited by mako-heart
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, NettoSaito said:

Uh, that depends by what you mean as "these games." There have only been a few entries in this series up to this point, and they've all failed compared to the real Harvest Moon series (which is now called Story of Seasons). What you're seeing here is simply a cash in using it's name. When the developers of Harvest Moon started publishing the games in the west, Natsume held onto the "Harvest Moon" name which forced the real games to be rebranded as "Story of Seasons." Then using the Harvest Moon name, Natsume started recruiting unknown developers to make clones in an attempt to continue "their" series.

So basically don't go into this game expecting Harvest Moon, because that's not actually what it is. Instead it's a farm sim of it's own that attempts to emulate the real series. (Although as far as emulating the series goes, every release so far has been greatly different, and they've even attempted to cash in on Mine Craft's popularity.)

This is the most painful thing of all, and one of the reasons I am extremely hesitant to buy this game. No other series epitomizes my childhood the way Harvest Moon does. Every year, I pray for a new console game that can match the charm of those old farming sims, and every year I feel like a kid who didn't even get a lump of coal from Saint Nick.

Story of Seasons is fine, but I have the same problem with it as the main Pokemon series: when is it going to make the jump to the big screen?

If only my 12-year-old self could see me now, debating between this and Pure Farming 2018...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Cassylvania said:

This is the most painful thing of all, and one of the reasons I am extremely hesitant to buy this game. No other series epitomizes my childhood the way Harvest Moon does. Every year, I pray for a new console game that can match the charm of those old farming sims, and every year I feel like a kid who didn't even get a lump of coal from Saint Nick.

Story of Seasons is fine, but I have the same problem with it as the main Pokemon series: when is it going to make the jump to the big screen?

If only my 12-year-old self could see me now, debating between this and Pure Farming 2018...

But Harvest Moon was already on the "big screen", multiple times.

To be honest, I'm still kind of interested in this. But I won't buy it for a long time, and until it goes on sale.

1 minute ago, mako-heart said:

But Harvest Moon was already on the "big screen", multiple times.

To be honest, I'm still kind of interested in this. But I won't buy it for a long time, and until it goes on sale.

Right, but that was like 10 years ago, and even that was only on the Wii. The last one for Playstation was A Wonderful Life (2003), which I just finished playing and...yeah, it really doesn't hold up. It'd be nice to see SoS brought to the PS4 or even the Switch, which I thought they said they were going to do...

It's not like farming sims are that obscure. But the companies who make them do some really bizarre things.

7 minutes ago, Cassylvania said:

Right, but that was like 10 years ago, and even that was only on the Wii. The last one for Playstation was A Wonderful Life (2003), which I just finished playing and...yeah, it really doesn't hold up. It'd be nice to see SoS brought to the PS4 or even the Switch, which I thought they said they were going to do...

It's not like farming sims are that obscure. But the companies who make them do some really bizarre things.

go play stardew lol

17 hours ago, NettoSaito said:

Oh my. Thanks so much for the heads up.. had no idea.

Hopefully my wording didn't offend anyone though. I just hadn't followed these games in over 10 years. (lack of interest and/or no time)

Sad to see they aren't the same. You just saved me money! Thank you! :P:)

15 hours ago, mako-heart said:

go play stardew lol

Oh, I have. Stardew Valley has been a GODSEND. Admittedly, I've only put in about 10-15 hours on the PC, but it's clear they get it more the developers of the more recent HM games. It just doesn't have the Harvest Moon name, which I think upsets me because it makes me feel SV is what HM could have been, if it hadn't gone in a completely different direction. And now we have Light of Hope -- probably the most ironic name they could have chosen -- and I can't get over the fact that it looks like a mobile game.

Would somebody who has played this PLEASE tell me it's good? I want to be wrong. Lie to me, if you have to.

As for Little Dragons Cafe... I have not heard of it, I just watched a trailer, and it looks wonderful. I'm not sure if this makes me feel happy or sad.

But I'll be picking that up when it comes out.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Harvest Moon Light of Hope Platinum finally!!!!! 253 hours of game play to platinum it!

no missables.

advice for later gamers.

look up plant mutations and keep a check list of all recipes and active work on the from the start. They will take the longest.

• Like 1

On 11/7/2018 at 0:34 PM, juwaker230 said:

Harvest Moon Light of Hope Platinum finally!!!!! 253 hours of game play to platinum it!

no missables.

advice for later gamers.

look up plant mutations and keep a check list of all recipes and active work on the from the start. They will take the longest.

Congrats! I'm just starting (about 10 hours) and now I'm working on making enough first mutated crops to sell and get available seeds to work later on second (and even third) mutated crops.

With a little mining (floors 21 to 30) once every few days you can earn enough money to buy all you need, mining is maybe too profitable in this HM.

20 hours ago, gafpiratehook said:

Congrats! I'm just starting (about 10 hours) and now I'm working on making enough first mutated crops to sell and get available seeds to work later on second (and even third) mutated crops.

With a little mining (floors 21 to 30) once every few days you can earn enough money to buy all you need, mining is maybe too profitable in this HM.

Upgrade all tools first. Itll pay off faster

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/7/2018 at 9:06 AM, juwaker230 said:

Upgrade all tools first. Itll pay off faster

Done, they're a lifesaver indeed.

A question for you, how do you got great fruits? I have now 5 trees for every kind of fruit but still only normal fruits. I read that you need to wait years for trees to start giving great fruits, is this true?

Waiting a few years is not true. its very simple plant the tree with a decent amount of room, nothing around it at all. keep you farm free of rocks, weeds, and trees. Save every night starting on the 7th. when tree bears fruit and its not a great fruit just reload the night before until you get a great fruit. eventually you will get a great fruit. when you get it save. the rest of the season that tree will give you great fruits.

• Like 1