Platinum Unobtainable

After having difficultly connecting the game to PSN in order to get the Friends with Benefits trophy, I contacted the developer through their website. This is a copy-and-paste of the response I received:

Unfortunately we were forced to change our game servers a couple of months ago, which is why the friend list feature isn’t working. We’re sorry to say that the friends list and other online features in the PS4 version of Matchmaker are no longer supported.

Unlike the mobile and PC/Mac versions of the game, the console versions of Matchmaker were developed and published by another studio. This means that we’re not able to release an update, and there are currently no plans to work with the other studio to release one.

So it appears Kitty Powers Matchmaker is no longer able to connect online and will not be able to in the future. Therefore the Friends with Benefits trophy, and by extension the game's Platinum trophy, are unobtainable.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Kishnabe said:

Held off playing it. Did not know it had a multiplayer trophy. Oh well.

Well you create an avatar of yourself in the game, and then any of your PSN friends who are also playing the game can have thier avatars show up in yours and you can match them up. There's a trophy for matching up three friends. But since the game cant connect to PSN now, you can't do that.

• 8 months later...

If The Game had a Patch it might be a fix if you downgrade to the older version? (Hmm its online so even so might not work but possible worth looking into)
if not check see if the peoples avatar are still in the game  You can match the same user up 3 times and see if it pops im aware the issue you are talking about but if the avatars do show up Then its possible it could count towards the trophy 

i wil try this later as i did not achieve the trophy either way this kind of sucks ^-^"