boromir120

Path to Galactic Core stops 3000LY short

4 posts in this topic

So on permadeath mode I got a single glyph, got to a planet 5700LY from centre. I followed the Galactic core path and it stops 2500LY or so below core. With no more path available. Any ideas? I’ve been super unlucky and never found any travellers for more glyphs. 

Have you tried to go directly to the centre with a fully charged hyperdrive jump? About 3000 light years near the centre is actually the last stop before going there.

Edited by Hirnforscher

21 minutes ago, Hirnforscher said:

Have you tried to go directly to the centre with a fully charged hyperdrive jump? About 3000 light years near the centre is actually the last stop before going there.

I haven’t tried this no, but there are hundreds of systems closer than my location will this still work? 

From all I can remember, the last 2500 to 3000 lightyears near the centre are empty space, and before that there is some sort of inner rim of systems nearest to the core. While some may be nearer to the core than others, you should be able to jump to the core from any system in this group as it is the last stop before the centre. If I'm wrong and just the path to the centre did stop to work for you, you'll have to use the galaxy map mode where you can freely select which system you want to go to and try to get nearer to the centre.