*Spoilers* What ending did you get?

19 minutes ago, ThisAintRuff said:

and made him blow up Detroit

I've been wondering how to get that ending, as none of the paths I've been down so far have given me that option... Even when I have the switch on me and all seems lost, you'd have thought that Markus would pull it out but no, he doesn't. 

I lost Luther at the Midnight Train chapter because I didn't close the curtain in time. 

Markus launched a very successful, peaceful protest, and gained the public's support. North became his lover (Loved those two!) 

I sacrificed Hank when Connor went to Cyber Life. 

I lost Kara and Alice at the bus station. (I stupidly did the security check.)

I chose not to save Jerry on the way to the bus station and I took the detour. 

Connor became a deviant, activated the other androids and joined Markus. 

I lost Hank, Luther, Jerry, Kara, and Alice during my first playthrough.

That's everything I can remember. Even though I lost some of those I really liked, I was happy I got a good ending and the androids were finally free. 

Edited by Beeinhollywood

I had a similar outcome with the three main persons:

Spoiler

Marcus led the Androids peaceful, gaining public support. He became lovers with North, even though (or maybe because) he shot Simon on the roof.

Kara, Alice and Luthor passed the border to canada peacefully, becoming a family along the way. Alice's father wasn't that lucky, he got shot in a struggle.

Connor turned deviant, resisting the hacking attempt. Unfortunately, Hank attacked the Anndroid with the gun and got shot. I wonder if you can save Hank?

And I will be that person: Why no nudity in a David Cage game? :P

Edited by Rally-Vincent---
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Rally-Vincent--- said:

Reveal hidden contents

Marcus led the Androids peaceful, gaining public support. He became lovers with North, even though (or maybe because) he shot Simon on the roof.

Kara, Alice and Luthor passed the border to canada peacefully, becoming a family along the way. Alice's father wasn't that lucky, he got shot in a struggle.

Connor turned deviant, resisting the hacking attempt. Unfortunately, Hank attacked the Anndroid with the gun and got shot. I wonder if you can save Hank?

The andriods remove their skin. Does that count?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I felt I did a great job pretty much up until the end when I then BOMBED lol

Spoiler

Marcus - Led a peaceful protest and got everyone saved and Androids their equality....although he did get shot at the end by Connor which was a major bummer...more about that below. North and Josh were OK. Simon was killed at the Stratford tower.

Connor - No deaths with him (although I felt I got very close multiple times). Successfully converted the Cyberlife Androids, Hank is still alive. However (and this is per above) I REALLY overthought the last ending sequence with the Connor Hack. I thought "the way out" was a whole rA9 thing. For some reason I walked up the ramp looking for an exit and then I saw a CHESS BOARD. I WAS CONVINCED THIS WAS RA9!!! ROOK TO A9?? (There is no A9, only A8...hindsight is 20-20). So I spent the whole damn time trying to figure out how to interact with the chess board. Yup, fail on my part at the very end

Kara - This is also where I blew it at the end. During the Jericho raid, Luther got killed, and when trying to escape, Kara and Alice got captured. In the recycling camp, I had both Jerry and the messed up Android present but I NEVER SAW the messed up Android behind me. So after sending Jerry to distract the front guard, I moved over to Alice and the game essentially fast tracked me to the chamber (assumedly since I didn't spot the other Android to unlock that option) and therefore Kara and Alice marched to their doom. I honestly thought something would cross-over from the other storyline in time to save them. Nope. Kara and Alex gone, man the felt bad.

If I had one "edit" I could make to my story (we all get one freebie edit right?), it would be changing Connor's hack at the end to succeed. Which, honestly I would have seen had I not been overthinking the dang thing. I would take that over Kara and Alice...which is very sad, but I think would be a poignant contrast to add weight to what Marcus accomplished.

Total lost in first playthrough: 5: Simon, Luther, Kara, Alice, Marcus*

Edited by Dead-Sync
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Dead-Sync said:

when I then BOMBED lol

Well, at least you don't have to go back too many chapters to get your save everyone trophies out of the way!

Luckily for me, I had spotted that weird thing in Connor's mind palace since my first trip there, and had interacted with it (to no avail) every time I went there to see if it did anything (it doesn't until the end). So once that sequence started I knew exactly what I was looking for. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, StrickenBiged said:

Well, at least you don't have to go back too many chapters to get your save everyone trophies out of the way!

Luckily for me, I had spotted that weird thing in Connor's mind palace since my first trip there, and had interacted with it (to no avail) every time I went there to see if it did anything (it doesn't until the end). So once that sequence started I knew exactly what I was looking for. 

Wanna know something embarrassing? I did too. I even INTERACTED with it before. I clearly threw out all "video game logic". I think David Cage games do that to you ;D

So for Save everyone, I just have to go back and change my decisions for Simon and Luther via Chapter select?

(random bug I noticed too: after replaying my final mission to do some Kara stuff and replay the final Connor sequence. I got the HAPPY FAMILY trophy, even though Luther had already died in a previous mission. Hooray trophy bugs haha)

Edited by Dead-Sync
  • Like 2

Mine was quite interesting... 

I played Markus as violently as I could, Connor as machine like as possible, and Kara as protective of Alice as possible. 

Spoiler

Connor - When back at the police department being notified that the FBI was taking over the investigation Hank left due to a poor relationship with me. Feeling that I should stick to my programming I purposefully failed to get into the archive room. This resulted in Connor being sent back to Cyberlife to be decommissioned and ended his story without ever reaching Jericho or the Crossroads chapter.  

Markus - Simon died at the top of Stratford Tower, where I had Markus kill him so that the police could not track them. Josh died attempting the raid on the recycling plant, and I was actually within the 5% who failed in taking over the recycling plant. This resulted in North & Markus retreating into a nearby store where I detonated the dirty bomb that North had presented to me earlier in the chapter. The authorities had to retreat and the President had indicated that Detroit would be radioactive for decades. 

Kara - I kept Kara, Alice, & Luther together for the vast majority of the game. I was captured by the police trying to sneak my way to the bus stop & then all three were killed attempting to flee the recycling plant.

(Thru chapter select I got the ending where the three of them were crossing the river via boat. Alice and Luther were killed by coast guard fire but Kara made it to Canada.) 

Overall I would say that my ending was not the one I wanted lol but it was quite interesting.

My next playthrough I am going to play Connor as human as possible & Markus as peaceful as possible. 

• Like 2

My first run ended with

Spoiler

Markus had a very peaceful manifestation, though he sacrificed Simon at the TV station and John during his march for freedom. In the end he showed humanity his own spirit by singing...And boy, what an awesome scene! (Even though I could kiss North, I didn't)

Connor died. He died because you should ALWAYS look for hidden cameras in bad guys' elevators.

Kara was captured with Alice while trying to escape police raids in the streets of Detroit. I didn't save Luther at Jericho, but I saved Jerry...So I could sacrifice Jerry, the monster androids and Ralph to reach Alice in the camps and get away with her. Really sad ending, but still powerful as hell.

• Like 1

Skipping the everybody happy ending, my 2nd playthrough was:

Marcus, killed by Connor on Jericho.

Kara survives crossing the river to Canada.

Connor, successful non-deviant but replaced by a new model.

Alice dies crossing the river (Kara gets the option to kill herself)

Luther: dead on Jericho.

Hank: killed by Connor in rooftop fight.

Simon: Dead at tv station.

Alice's father: redeemed at bus stop by Alice.

Josh: killed at battle

North: killed by Connor

Chloe: killed by Connor

Traci A: killed by Connor, ripped off head to fool other Traci B.

Leo: dead by marcus.

Lance H: dead, i think.

Junkyard robot A: spared her

Junkyard robot B: killed him

Rupert: dead, suicide.

Markus and Connor took control of Detroit.

I completely fucked up Kara's story line. Ended with her and Alice trying to pass border security, failing and getting on to our knees and being shot. I knew they wouldn't let us sneak through since Markus was tearing shit up; it was a very unsatisfying way to end her saga. Even if her story was to be a tragic one for me, to go out like that without any fight left a sour taste in my mouth. Knowing the other options now... just walking up to a security gate knowing you'd be denied and going oh welp... I don't know where I fucked up to make that my only option, but damn I goofed.

Otherwise, loved it.

Edited by BENJAM1N_LINUS

• 1 month later...
On 5/29/2018 at 6:55 AM, StrickenBiged said:

On my first playthrough, I guess I got quite lucky, but I was able to get the best possible endings (I think) for everybody. In the spoiler box, I have given a brief rundown of what happened to my 3 protagonists, to give you a flavour of these endings in case you want to see them for yourselves.

Hide contents

Markus

Markus led a peaceful protest, which swayed public opinion to be supportive of equal Android rights. His demands were reasonable, and emphasised equality with humanity throughout. He didn't take a single human life. After the world media saw him kiss North, at gunpoint, on the barricade, the President gave the order to stand down to the army. Markus spoke to the assembled hordes of Androids afterwards, greeting the new dawn of human/android relations with optimism.

Connor

Connor was troubled by the cases of deviant androids he was investigating. This caused so much instability in his software that he, too, eventually became deviant and realised his free will. With Markus' blessing, he infiltrated the CyberLife factory and "awoke" legions of brand new androids, turning the tide in the numbers game of forces, and thereby helping Markus to achieve his aims of civil rights for Androids. At the end, he was able to resist an attempt by his subconscious programming to kill Markus. He ended the game a close friend of Hank.

Kara

Kara was able to avoid capture throughout the game, and kept Alice safe. She teamed up with Luther, another deviant, to escape into Canada, and - owing to Markus' winning popular support with his peaceful resistance - the trio was able to make it safely over the border where they will begin a new life as a family.

What endings did you get for your 3 protagonists? 

Spoiler

Hey I got the exact same thing! I knew that in regard to the humans' perception of androids, the only way was through peace. The only time I chose confrontation was during the first march, where after repeatedly trying to disperse they were about to fire anyway, so I attacked. Wasn't about to let hundreds of androids die like that. In the end I chose to kiss North, but I also chose to sing in another playthrough and that was very heartwarming as well. I made Connor a deviant (who's also my favorite character BTW, he has the best arc), and he infiltrated Cyberlife tower like the badass he is. Lastly, I chose to play dead as Kara and Alice (as that is the smartest option), so they made it to the border with Luther but unfortunately Jerry had to be sacrificed. Overall this is the best playthrough that I can see and man, seeing it get wrapped up so well just tugged at my heartstrings. Hell I got choked up the second time through as well - such a damn good game!

Edited by SuperSaiyan3985
  • Like 1

On 5/29/2018 at 8:59 AM, Shinobi said:

My first playthrough ended exactly like yours except...

Hide contents

Luther died at Jericho. When it came to the moment where I had to pick between saving him (after he got shot in the leg) or protecting Alice, I decided to protect Alice because I thought trying to save him would end up with Kara and/or Alice dying. However, I still managed to get Alice and Kara to Canada using the boat to get across the river.

Besides that my endings were exactly like yours.

Come on man, if you've played any other QD game you should know that saving a character won't have serious consequences. 

On 5/29/2018 at 9:11 AM, Juzota said:

I got pretty much same ending than OP, but Luther and Alice both died and that sucked.

How'd you do that?

On 5/29/2018 at 0:29 PM, BDRick35 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Markus:
Tried a peaceful way most of the time but killed some humans on the way in the tv station. Simon died during that mission and wa left behind. In the end, his peaceful protest was gunned down and he got the support of the people. Him kissing North stopped the attack in the end. At least i was able to save him and create a better world for androids. Public opinion[supportive] Jericho[leader] North[lover] Josh[neutral] Simon[neutral]

Connor:
Was shut down after failing his mission. He had a mixed relationship with Hank. Hank shot him, but still saved him during the ambush in the TV Station and died again. Connor never was deviant and tried to never show any emotions. Hank[hostile] Amanda[trusted] 

Kara:
Was shot at the bus station along Alice and Luther after failing the humanity test. She shot Alice´s father and Zaltko reseted her but she regained consciousness and got him killed by his androids. Kara did always what was best for Alice even if this would mean to upset her a bit. Luther[Family] Alice[Family]

Chloe:
We were no friends and did not let leave my main menu which made her reset herself. 

A solid 9/10 for me. My game of the year so far. Haven´t played GoW yet ?

Will replay the hell out of it 

I agree, 9/10. Although, once you play GOW, it'll probably be topped ;) 

On 5/29/2018 at 1:08 PM, parkerdip said:

Markus died at the end of mine. I made some poor decisions along the way that I regret and the choices stick with you even after finishing it. Its so good game and can't wait to play it again to get a good ending. 

That's a shame, but hey the beauty of QD games is that there's so much replayability with the endless supply of outcomes.

On 6/1/2018 at 4:21 AM, ThisAintRuff said:

I'm an asshole and had everyone die except Markus and made him blow up Detroit. There is no Happy endings in my world. :D

And you did this on purpose? 

On 6/3/2018 at 10:04 AM, Rally-Vincent--- said:

Hide contents

IKR? I was hoping to see some android sex.

On 6/15/2018 at 4:59 AM, StrickenBiged said:

Same! I interacted with that thing in one of my earlier meetings with Amanda and it just shocked me. At the end of the game it clicked that I was supposed to use it as the "emergency exit" that Kamski mentioned.

Connor - friends with Hank, found Jericho through Simon's memories, became deviant and gathered other androids, but unfortunately shot Marcus at the end, unable to disobey his orders

Kara - Luther died at Jericho, together with Alice crossed the border by boat

Marcus - led a peaceful protest, thanks to the supportive opinion of the public the army backed out. Simon died at Stratford tower

Long story short - peaceful, happy ending with everyone alive... except Hank. I thought activating those androids was too important so I let him die :( But he was cool about it, so it's all good.

Crazy how many different paths there seem to be. So many little things can happen and I was pretty impressed at how impactful choices can be. I've yet to clean up endings/other miscellaneous trophies for the plat. But I'm satisfied with how my story ended and I look forward to seeing how things could have gone otherwise, even though I know they're mostly going to be "bad" things lol.

• 2 weeks later...

I must admit, I used a guide on the last mission because I wanted to get the best possible ending. I followed it word for word, and it seemed as though I was going to get the best possible ending. Markus was acting peacefully, Kara got across the border to Canada with Alice and Luther without having to sacrifice anyone, and Connor managed to get the androids at the Cyber Life tower without being shot by Hank or having the other Connor mess up his plans. I don't know what went wrong, but the only one that went along with what the guide said was Kara. Markus kissed North, but the army gunned them all down anyway, and Connor was given the choice to commit suicide or do nothing. I was pretty ticked off to be honest because I wanted all three of them to survive, the worst part is I have absolutely no clue where I went wrong. I must've been on my way to getting the good ending because as I was reading through the guide, it was telling me certain options wouldn't be available to me if I wasn't on course to getting the good ending. but all options were available to me.

2 hours ago, DXTF said:

Hide contents

I must admit, I used a guide on the last mission because I wanted to get the best possible ending. I followed it word for word, and it seemed as though I was going to get the best possible ending. Markus was acting peacefully, Kara got across the border to Canada with Alice and Luther without having to sacrifice anyone, and Connor managed to get the androids at the Cyber Life tower without being shot by Hank or having the other Connor mess up his plans. I don't know what went wrong, but the only one that went along with what the guide said was Kara. Markus kissed North, but the army gunned them all down anyway, and Connor was given the choice to commit suicide or do nothing. I was pretty ticked off to be honest because I wanted all three of them to survive, the worst part is I have absolutely no clue where I went wrong. I must've been on my way to getting the good ending because as I was reading through the guide, it was telling me certain options wouldn't be available to me if I wasn't on course to getting the good ending. but all options were available to me.

I know why the deviant protestors all still died, it’s because your public’s opinion was indifferent or below. If it’s supportive or sympathetic, then President Warren will order the men to stand down. You must’ve been too violent as Markus leading up to that point.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

On my first playthrough:

Spoiler

- The androids earned their freedom peacefully and Markus, North, Simon and Josh all survived.

- Connor became a deviant.

- Hank died at Cyberlife Tower but he and Connor remained friends til the end.

- Alice, Kara and Luther died while escaping from Jericho.

I then replayed the end of the game and:

Spoiler

- Alice, Kara and Luther all made it safely to Canada.

- Hank survived and he and Connor were friends in the end.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Spoiler

Markus successfully led a violent protest. The public opinion was bottom low, but ended up surviving and kissing North. Every other Jericho members were alive at the end too.

Kara and Alice made it to the border by bus. Luther died on Jericho because I thought saving him would imply Kara and/or Alice to die. Rose helped Alice to cross while Kara sacrificed herself.

Connor ended up on middle ground. He was hated enough by Hank for this to kill himself, but wasn't "machine" enough and ended up turning into a deviant. He died though while trying to wake up all the androids at the basements of CyberLife because Hank, obviously, couldn't save him from being shot by the other Connor.

• 2 months later...
Spoiler

Markus survived and successfully led an android revolution. Originally I was trying to be peaceful but after everyone was mown down after the freedom march I was convinced Markus would die if I didn't fight back. North survived and started banging Markus, while Josh & Simon died. 

Kara, Alice & Luther were shot dead at the bus depot after I accidently moved too close to the guards, public opinion wasn't supportive enough to save them. 

Connor survived with only one "death". He became deviant, helped Markus with the revolution and continued his bromance with Hank after the game. Aww. 

I didn't think it was that bad at the time, but looking back at it now my blind playthrough was pretty shit. 

• 1 month later...

I got good endings, although not good enough for the Survivors trophy.

Spoiler

Markus - Insisted on peaceful protests. Botched something in the TV station and killed Simon. Fell in love with North (despite disagreeing with her on everything). Friends with Josh. Kissing North made the President call off the soldiers. Public opinion is supportive.

Connor - Only died once, when crossing the highway, because I failed one QTE. Became deviant after meeting Markus. Saved Hank from fake Connor. Escaped the last-minute reprogramming. Hugged Hank at the end.

Kara - Never got caught. Left Luther to die in Jericho (the only decision I feel really bad about). Made it to the border with Alice, reunited with Rose & her son, and convinced the border agent to pretend they passed temperature scan. (I had a suspicion something was weird with Alice, but was still surprised at the twist.)

Chloe - I let her go because she was creeping me out, lol.

Overall, really enjoyed this game. Definitely the best David Cage game. It had a lot of silly moments though.

Edited by peffsi
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...
Spoiler

Markus peacefully protests the treatment of androids, winning popular support. All of North, Josh and Simon supported him to the end, and all survived. He even managed to stave off soldiers by kissing his android beauty.

Conner broke into Cyberlife. He was unable to save Hank, but converted legions of Conners to his cause. He also resisted Cyberlife's attempts to hack him.

Kara, Alice and Luther gave back some dropped bus tickets, and decided to try to cross into Canada by boat. However, they are discovered and gunned down. Luther was killed, and Alice was hit. Kara refused to dump Luther's body, and pushed the boat to shore in the water. They all died together tragically.

Not all good endings.

Alice and Luther died because I forgot how much time I had left and took the longer route, so they had to take the boat. I dumped Luther’s body (sorry Luther) but Alice still died. Then I decided to let Kara choose to live on so it wasn’t a completely awful ending.

Happy endings for Markus (peaceful protests and everyone survived) and Connor became a deviant and was best buds with Hank. I died once as Connor though, Amanda deactivated him for not finding out enough info on Jericho  

Edited by Charizarzar

On 6/1/2018 at 4:29 AM, Ren said:

I got a bad ending for Kara but a good ending for Connor and Markus:

Reveal hidden contents

Markus:

• I picked peace throughout the whole game, even when North didn't like it. I still turned North into my lover, which was great! I really liked their relationship. In the end, Markus went with his androids (Jericho) to the camps where the other androids were being eliminated (think Nazi extermination camps), i stayed peaceful so they stayed in front of the camps, the public opinion was good against the androis and the FBI guy (forgot his name) tried to make a deal with Markus to betray his people, i said no and the police attacked the androis. At the end of that only a few of Jericho were alive, the "main" android friends of Markus were alive (North, Simon, etc.) and since i had North as my lover, i could choose to kiss her in front of the guards before they shot them all - that made the police put their guns down and since the public opinion was supportive of androids, the President told the rest of the police to stand down. His final ending was Markus giving a speech to a bunch of CyberLife androids (see below) and his Jericho androids (pretty much all androids left) about how the revolution worked and that now they are free.

Connor:

• I turned Connor into a deviant when he was at Jericho (boat), he ended up going to the CyberLife "HQ" to re-activate the rest of the androids in there to join the peaceful revolution of Markus near the camps, i chose to sacrifice Hank when the other Connor came along. When Markus was giving his final speech, Connor went into "his head" and saw Amanda one last time, she told him he was going to be re-booted or something, i was able to get out "of his head" and the cutscene showed him holding a weapon next to Markus, but then he put it back, meaning he was still on Markus' side. That was the end.

Kara:

• I was able to get to the buses and found Alice's dad there, everything turned out okay with him, i was able to talk him out of telling the cops that Kara was an android. I did not take the passport of the couple with a baby so i ended up going to the boats, i saved Luther in the streets so he was fine, also, i didn't listen to him when trying to walk through the cops toward the buses, he kept telling me the cops were going to shoot me, but everything turned out fine... until i got to the boats. While in the boat, they were ambushed by a boat that was shooting (police) and they killed Luther and shot Alice (but she didn't die here), in the end Kara had to go inside the very cold water to push the boat onto the other side and once Kara and Alice reached the other side, Alice "slept" (died) and then i had the choice to either give up or keep going, i chose to give up, so Kara died there.

The Kara ending showed 3% in the world percentage, the others were fairly common.

About the android in the main menu:

Reveal hidden contents

I did let her go, i wonder what will happen? Will she ever come back? :D

Got the same one as you for Kara. 

Actually looking back it was super emotional, because it felt like Kara had done so many things right for herself and others, and at the end that boat attack came out of nowhere... So yeah It was fire because It felt a little bit more realistic, but a little piece of me died with Alice cuz man I didnt expect it to end like this.