Do people still play this game?

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah there’s always active lobbies, it gets a lot more populated later on in the day though. That’s usually when you’ll see nightmare/cata sessions, although cata missions are definitely on the scarce side. As long as you’re well set and don’t waste people’s time, you can add people that host cata for a better chance. With all this being said, I wouldn’t start this game if you don’t have friends or something to get it done with you, it’s too much hassle having to find people for various different things and the AI are next to useless on higher difficulties. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Dark said:

Yeah there’s always active lobbies, it gets a lot more populated later on in the day though. That’s usually when you’ll see nightmare/cata sessions, although cata missions are definitely on the scarce side. As long as you’re well set and don’t waste people’s time, you can add people that host cata for a better chance. With all this being said, I wouldn’t start this game if you don’t have friends or something to get it done with you, it’s too much hassle having to find people for various different things and the AI are next to useless on higher difficulties. 

Yeah i realised that cata lobbies are a scarce and you really need to have a feel with the game to play it on cata :/

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 14-8-2018 at 10:18 PM, GoodVulture said:

were you playing on easy? i play all the time with friends on nightmare and cata and have no trouble finding games or having people join my games

I only have Easy, Normal and Hard to select at this moment. Have to complete stuff to unlock Nightmare and Cata, I recon.

Edited by Trellgoth

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

So I ended up buying the ultimate edition. Played 2 matches, one I hosted, one I joined. Had a random hop into the one I hosted near the end of the map

Checked for games, 2 lobbys in Europe, 6 total worldwide

1 game has 3/4 players, 1 has 2/4, rest 1/4

All Adventure, 1 easy, 5 normal, 1 hard

To be fair I expected less for a Monday night (10pm local time)

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Might as well answer this since I’m sure people still check it. 

There are still a fair few people playing, I’d say that at any given time there are around 7 or so lobbies active on average. Sometimes only 1 or 2, but sometimes 15+. 

Admittedly the majority of them are private/playing on easier difficulties. 

However whenever I open a lobby on the harder difficulties I often have others join me within a few games (typically trophy hunters). There are also a few veterans that still play it, and you can often hitch a ride with them. 

Edited by MrFudge

• 6 months later...

My friend and I are just starting out. We played the prologue last night and a lvl 34 joined our game. I'll continue playing this as long as it's enjoyable. Once it becomes a slog, I'm moving on. If anyone is interested in joining, add me. We play 3-4 evenings a week around 9 MST