PS3 Guide compatible for Remastered?

Started yesterday with Dark Souls and it's good to be back(expect the rage when dying because of bullshit :awesome:)

Anyways on topic. I've been following the published guide on psnp (link:https://psnprofiles.com/guide/1656-dark-souls-trophy-guide)

Now I was wondering if anyone else is following it along the way as it has a pretty nice description where to go and what to lookout for regarding trophies.

Only thing that's been on my mind is the following part in the guide and where I'm currently at:

"You can go to Blighttown right away, but I'd recommend some preparations. You should grind the Souls and fully upgrade your Pyromancy Flame from Laurentius. You need 149,500 souls to take it to level +15, but it'll be worth it later. "

So is this really worth it or does this seem like an extreme overkill.

If you’re playing as a Pyromancer then sure upgrade your Flame but if you aren’t playing as a Pyro then you don’t need an upgraded Flame. All you need for Blight Town is the Rusted Iron Ring for getting around the swamp easily and Purple Moss Clump/ Blooming Purple Moss Clump for when you get poisoned or toxic.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Deluziion90 said:

Any recommendations on strenght scaling weapons to level along the way for platinum

Guide mentions Falchion but I'm leaning towards a more strenght build so it scales horrible :/

I'm using a Man-Serpent Greatsword. The only downside to getting it is it's a rare drop from the Man-Serpents in Sen's Fortress. Though I got lucky and had one drop on my first kill. So maybe you will get lucky too. But it scales well with Strength and when you get it to +15 it's pretty great.

Before that though, using the Bastard Sword is a good start. Otherwise I see others suggest the Claymore, as I've seen some say that it is at least almost as good as the Man-Serpent Greatsword.

Thanks for the link that should come in handy ^^.

Seems like I'll use something the same you mentioned.

I'm not sure if its viable anymore but I do hope a Black Knight greataxe is any good endgame. I've always stuck on the traditional sword+shield combo's in these games and something different would be cool for once

1 minute ago, Deluziion90 said:

@Aexuz, that thing isn't patched or anything? I'm reading it can destroy some bosses without much effort. If so then I'll definitely get that thing 1f602.png

Is not patched. but it is a luck based drop so the more humanity you have the better chances you will have to get it.

I was lucky and got it on my first try this time around. It takes about 6 minutes to get there from the beginning of the game so if you don't get it at your first try is not too much trouble to reach that location.

59 minutes ago, FilmFanatic said:

Personally I’m using a Claymore +15, scales with Strength and Dexterity, love the weapon and I like the thrust for strong attack. I also plan on using the Black Knight Great Sword when I get one. I‘ve been using this wiki as it has all the information you could need about the game.

Claymore was my favourite weapon in the game too. Replaced it with the black dragon sword from Kalameet for a while, but that one didn't scale so eventually Claymore did more damage and I switched back to it again.

48 minutes ago, Stardew Shelly said:

Why do you want to ruin your first playthrough?

This will come out way more snide than I intend it to, but I have to point out that the head isn't everyone's tool of choice when it comes to cracking a wall. By saying that you're basically saying that the game has nothing more to offer if you negate the difficulty. Also if it really is his first playthrough, would the weapon on its own do much game breaking?

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Stardew Shelly said:

Why do you want to ruin your first playthrough?

Depends what you consider ruining. I always like to be overpowered in these kinds of games. Same goes with Bloodborne I farmed like 2+ hours on those pigs and got insane high with levels.

on the sidenote I explore everything, dont speedrun and just take my time so I enjoy it on my own way ?

@Aexuz Well managed to get BKH yesterday and got it to +5. It's just hilarious that's all I can say about this weapon. Now I just need a ton in endurance for some fasion souls. Thanks again for the suggestion it really helped me out. Managed to get from begin Blighttown > Demon Ruins > Sen's fortress to the start of Anor Londo

21 minutes ago, Deluziion90 said:

@Aexuz Well managed to get BKH yesterday and got it to +5. It's just hilarious that's all I can say about this weapon. Now I just need a ton in endurance for some fasion souls. Thanks again for the suggestion it really helped me out. Managed to get from begin Blighttown > Demon Ruins > Sen's fortress to the start of Anor Londo

No problem. Now combine that weapon with the pyromancy "Power Within" for  40% attack boost :P

Pretty good for destroying everything. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, killerJAZZ420 said:

Considering the game is old enough to be enrolled in school, might be alittle late to ruin his first playthrough lol.

And why's that exactly? I have played Mother 3 about 3 weeks ago for the first time. It's even older and I just haven't played it till now.

Is it somehow, from your point of view, impossible to have a normal first playthrough of a game that's older then Fortnite?

J

The one thing that ruins anything is ignorant people trying to make you feel bad for playing a game a certain way. From put the weapon there in the first playthrough so why not us it? Just because some people choose to use the weapons to make the game harder for themselves to experience a greater challenge... doesn’t mean others have to. And if you do choose the harder route.. don’t be ignorant online making others feel bad. No-one cares that you choose the hard route, you should be doing it for the experience yourself.. not to brag to strangers online you’re better than them. 

Play the game whatever way you want, as long as you enjoy it. 

Edited by klair88
  • Like 2

On 6/4/2018 at 3:30 AM, Paleblood said:

And why's that exactly? I have played Mother 3 about 3 weeks ago for the first time. It's even older and I just haven't played it till now.

Is it somehow, from your point of view, impossible to have a normal first playthrough of a game that's older then Fortnite?

J

So his location on PSNP is Dragon Aerie, and you think hes never played Dark souls 1? is it from you point of view, impossible to have played a 8 year old game because its an 8 year old game and hes obviously a fan of the franchise?

Random letter here

Just to clarify i'm talking about Aexuz not the guy he was giving advice to of course. If you're referring to the other dood, we are on 2 different pages of this audiobook.

Edited by killerJAZZ420
Reason for edit

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/30/2018 at 7:58 AM, Deluziion90 said:

Started yesterday with Dark Souls and it's good to be back(expect the rage when dying because of bullshit :awesome:)

Anyways on topic. I've been following the published guide on psnp (link:https://psnprofiles.com/guide/1656-dark-souls-trophy-guide)

Now I was wondering if anyone else is following it along the way as it has a pretty nice description where to go and what to lookout for regarding trophies.

Only thing that's been on my mind is the following part in the guide and where I'm currently at:

"You can go to Blighttown right away, but I'd recommend some preparations. You should grind the Souls and fully upgrade your Pyromancy Flame from Laurentius. You need 149,500 souls to take it to level +15, but it'll be worth it later. "

So is this really worth it or does this seem like an extreme overkill.

now I know I'm a bit late but I just wanted to say that even if you don't play as a Pyromancer, it is worth it to upgrade at least one Pyromancy Flame to +15 because you can sell it for a Red Titanite Slab (I think) later in the game.

On ‎30‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 2:15 PM, Deluziion90 said:

Depends what you consider ruining. I always like to be overpowered in these kinds of games. Same goes with Bloodborne I farmed like 2+ hours on those pigs and got insane high with levels.

on the sidenote I explore everything, dont speedrun and just take my time so I enjoy it on my own way 1f62c.png

I did the same with the pigs

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/31/2018 at 2:01 AM, Aexuz said:

No problem. Now combine that weapon with the pyromancy "Power Within" for  40% attack boost :P

Pretty good for destroying everything. 

For a strength build, I prefer the great club.  At +15, it can be enchanted (crystal buff is best), and combined with "power within", it does more damage than the BKS+5. 

Edited by thabg23