Fallout 76 Announced

Tekyumeeee

And I was 99% sure they were going to tease Fallout 3 Remastered ?

Rumor via Kotaku & Jason Schreier: "The next big game from Fallout developer Bethesda Game Studios is Fallout: 76, the company announced today, and although the studio hasn’t yet said what it is, we hear it’s an online game of some sort." Source: https://kotaku.com/bethesda-announces-fallout-76-1826417383

Update 2 from same source: Fallout 76 Is An Online Survival RPG

Edited by Jay_Cash
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Cleggworth said:

I hope this is a normal fallout game and not an mmo or god help us a battle royale game......

Already seeing rumors that it's some sort of online game ? A completely baseless rumor as far as I know, but I'm still a little worried on the off chance of it being anything other than a single-player, open world Fallout game.

Edit: added rumor to original post that does not sound so baseless, unfortunately.

Edited by Jay_Cash

1 minute ago, OBSTINATIO said:

Better not seeing the game anywhere but West Virginia 

It'll probably be West Virginia/Virginia area which is pretty cool. Lol it's where I'm from ahahah (West Virginia that is)

Edited by The High Ground

The hell? Like the OP, I was convinced that they were teasing a remaster of Fallout 3. The fact that it's also developed by Bethesda Game Studios is a weird one since I would have thought they were busy making the next Elder Scrolls game by now. This is very strange...

Well, hopefully it's a singleplayer game. Would be nice if they learned their lessons from Fallout 4 and return to the peak of the series which was New Vegas, although I highly doubt that. I would be excited had this been an Obsidian developed game, but I'm expecting it just to be Fallout 4 all over again, just in a different location.

21 minutes ago, Jay_Cash said:

Already seeing rumors that it's some sort of online game ? A completely baseless rumor as far as I know

It's not baseless, but the way they are sayin is it's not online only but not strictly single player 

so I'm pretty sure it's not multiplayer only or something silly like that I don't think their engines could handle that anyways xD 

Anyways what my guess is

its single player but with multiplayer features like maybe you can invite a friend who knows maybe it'll be completely differerent 

anyways if it's the way I'm hoping 

I've always wanted to play fallout or skyrim roaming around with a friend lol imagine playing hard difficulty and having two different builds or something on skyrim that would be super cool ahaha 

19 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

The hell? Like the OP, I was convinced that they were teasing a remaster of Fallout 3. The fact that it's also developed by Bethesda Game Studios is a weird one since I would have thought they were busy making the next Elder Scrolls game by now. This is very strange...

Yeah I want a new TES too but that probably won't come for many years as I've seen many interviews that back up this claim and also the fact that they are still supporting elder scrolls online and will be for who knows how long lmao 

I'm going to sound like such a negative nelly saying this but, d'you know what, I've searched my soul and I just don't care. Fallout 4 was such a disappointment to me, what with the nerfed dialogue and player choice, and the shoe-horned-in settlement building. 

Unless it is a reversion to a Fallout 3 or New Vegas kind of game (preferably the latter), at this stage I'd say I'm going to give this one a miss. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Jay_Cash said:

Already seeing rumors that it's some sort of online game 1f644.png A completely baseless rumor as far as I know, but I'm still a little worried on the off chance of it being anything other than a single-player, open world Fallout game.

*Sigh* I'll keep my fingers crossed for a single player experience in the vein of New Vegas but I suspect I'll be disappointed.

3 minutes ago, The High Ground said:

It's not baseless, but the way they are sayin is it's not online only but not strictly single player 

so I'm pretty sure it's not multiplayer only or something silly like that I don't think their engines could handle that anyways xD 

Anyways what my guess is

its single player but with multiplayer features like maybe you can invite a friend who knows maybe it'll be completely differerent 

anyways if it's the way I'm hoping 

I've always wanted to play fallout or skyrim roaming around with a friend lol imagine playing hard difficulty and having two different builds or something on skyrim that would be super cool ahaha 

Until Bethesda confirms anything, it's a rumor. I don't know how reliable Kotaku or the person who wrote this article is, but this seems to be the only source of the rumor right now: https://kotaku.com/bethesda-announces-fallout-76-1826417383 So, for the moment, I'll take it with a grain of salt and hope at worst that it only has minor online features.

Well, we'll see but my expectations are pretty low.

I loved and enjoyed Fallout 3 a lot, New vegas Meh it was Good but nothing great for me (Plus i never finished it or played it too well because it was given to me by a friend for just some weeks back then) , the 4th one yeah it's kinda boring, i still have to get back to it. (You know when you are more interested Building your home and Town rather than playing the story, something is not right) 

So let's see i guess but not expecting much at all from Bethsda in the last years.

Edited by Sora9427

Just now, Jay_Cash said:

Until Bethesda confirms anything, it's a rumor. I don't know how reliable Kotaku or the person who wrote this article is, but this seems to be the only source of the rumor right now: https://kotaku.com/bethesda-announces-fallout-76-1826417383 So, for the moment, I'll take it with a grain of salt and hope at worst that it only has minor online features.

Speaking of fallout 76 I just looked it up, Vault 76 is one of 17 (lol I hope I get the number right) that is an actual normal vault and it has like 500 inhabitants. That's interesting seeing as how it's abnormal in the fact that it's normal lol

2 minutes ago, The High Ground said:

Yeah I want a new ESO too but that probably won't come for many years as I've seen many interviews that back up this claim and also the fact that they are still supporting elder scrolls online and will be for who knows how long lmao 

I'm surprised that thing is still going. I just remember it getting trashed at launch. I'm not a fan of MMO's, so I'd rather just see more singleplayer games instead.

1 minute ago, StrickenBiged said:

I'm going to sound like such a negative nelly saying this but, d'you know what, I've searched my soul and I just don't care. Fallout 4 was such a disappointment to me, what with the nerfed dialogue and player choice, and the shoe-horned-in settlement building. 

Unless it is a reversion to a Fallout 3 or New Vegas kind of game (preferably the latter), at this stage I'd say I'm going to give this one a miss. 

I totally agree with this - Fallout 4 was extremely disappointing to me as well. I found it to be very much "dumbed down" from Fallout 3/New Vegas, and I'm expecting more of the same from 76, so I just can't bring myself to care. :dunno:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The High Ground said:

Speaking of fallout 76 I just looked it up, Vault 76 is one of 17 (lol I hope I get the number right) that is an actual normal vault and it has like 500 inhabitants. That's interesting seeing as how it's abnormal in the fact that it's normal lol

Yep, it's mentioned or at least seen in terminals in both Fallout 3 and 4. It's even mentioned in Fallout 3's Mothership Zeta. https://fallout.gamepedia.com/Vault_76

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

I'm surprised that thing is still going. I just remember it getting trashed at launch. I'm not a fan of MMO's, so I'd rather just see more singleplayer games instead.

Believe me I don't care about ESO either but only reason I know this information is because I watch multiple lore videos on elder scrolls and those youtubers made videos on when the next TES could be possible and they lay out the tweets, interviews from devs and the support ESO still gets, I think recently they had a dlc released of summer set isle (f*** If I know I tend to forget the unimportant stuff lol)

anyways seems like they have more expansions planned for the next few years 

Haha, battle royale in a Bethesda game? Would never happen. Bethesda have never been one to jump on bandwagons ever. It'll probably be just some really swish co-op stuff. Maybe a survival co-op? Or even a co-op team survival/base defense? To be honest a story mode with optional co-op jump in would be the best outcome for any MP stuff. Either way, it's good news, because now this is out of the way, the hype for a new Elder Scrolls game can actually start to emerge from the depths of Bethesda studios! ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MiamiNights89 said:

Haha, battle royale in a Bethesda game? Would never happen. Bethesda have never been one to jump on bandwagons ever. It'll probably be just some really swish co-op stuff. Maybe a survival co-op? Or even a co-op team survival/base defense? To be honest a story mode with optional co-op jump in would be the best outcome for any MP stuff. Either way, it's good news, because now this is out of the way, the hype for a new Elder Scrolls game can actually start to emerge from the depths of Bethesda studios! ?

Yes this is the absolute best outcome in my opinion, I would absolutely love to experience fallout together with one of my friends and about TES well I want that too but I'm not too hopeful for the near future lmao if I'm wrong dont forget this and call me out on it in the future ;)! I hope I'm wrong ahahah 

• Like 1

I don't see why ESO gets a bad rep, it had an abysmal launch and first year but the game is so damn refined now. Easily the best MMO on the market. I wouldn't be shocked if this game pulled a WoW and carried on for the next 10+ years. I just don't think we really need a fallout version of ESO at the moment. Maybe a few years down the line, but not now though.

6 minutes ago, StrickenBiged said:

Jason Schreier is renowned for having good sources in many of the development studios. His scoops usually end up being quite accurate. 

I looked at his Twitter feed and he seems very adamant about it. I still don't want to believe it, but at least what he claims is really vague I guess.

4 minutes ago, ShogunCroCop said:

Man, everyone complaining about Fallout 4. I thought it was good, but I can agree NV was better. Fallout is Fallout. Anything they produce is quality. I'll be getting this, unless it turns out to be an ESO type or Destiny type game.

I almost forgot that so many people didn't like Fallout 4. I generally avoid Fallout discussions because it always boils down to some death match between the 3 modern games. I for one really like them all for different reasons. Course, I'm a bit biased since I just really like Fallout. So I guess I'll never really understand the love for one game and hatred for another.

• Like 2