June 2018 PS+

Lucas

1 hour ago, Undead Wolf said:

You didn't? I'm sure we've discussed XCOM 2 in the past. I think I offered to help you with the one online trophy before but you didn't need it. I love the XCOM series - I have the platinums in Enemy Unknown and Enemy Within. I haven't played XCOM 2 yet, but I've seen a lot of gameplay, and it looks great. An improvement in many ways... super hard, though. :P

Yeah, it's a shame about all the DLC trophies. The main game doesn't even have a platinum for some reason.

Well then i guess i forgot because my Memory suck xD Really? I made that right away with a friend as soon as i got the game :P 

Oh it's great, you should play it as soon as possible, lot of improvements for sure even if the loading screen are still too long (Up to 1 or even at worst 3 minutes it's too much) but oh well, you'll enjoy it :3

Oh it's longer than harder honestly. You'll need at least 3 playthoughs and 1 following a specific guide but Per se it's not that difficult :P 

Really, so many, it's ubisoft after all i think... Yeah i thought it did but nope, guess because in the beginnign was supposed to be a little 100% game like Urban Trilal Freestyle but then Dlcs came out.

13 minutes ago, diskdocx said:

Well, I will preface this by saying that I have no interest in 100+ hour, 4-5 playthrough games, so I won't be grabbing XCOM2, and Trials and Ghost Recon do not interest me at all. I already have Zombie Driver, and we won't talk about the Vita games.

But - and this is why I would say this month is poor - the 3 main games are basically free, but not free.

XCOM2 has 3 paid DLC packs, with War of the Chosen current clocking in at $53.49 CDN. When you factor in the other 2 DLCs, you are looking at over $80 for just the DLC - when the XCOM2 complete bundle was on sale less than a month ago for $65. So in actual fact the 'freebie' would cost you more than the bundle was just on sale for (taking out of the equation that it's a dick move to have it on sale just before going free anyway).

Trials also has multiple DLC packs, with the bundle price of $30. The all-in, Max Edition version (game plus all DLC) was $12 last week on sale.

So maybe the complaints aren't just related to the quality of the games, but the increasingly shitty way Sony goes about this. I guess if you don't care about completion, and just want to treat these as cheap trials for games to play around with for a few hours and forget - then great month. But if you actually intend to get the content and complete it, you might as well just pass on the games entirely and grab the complete editions when they go on sale.

Playstation Plus - enjoy your free (not really free) games.

Hmm, I see what you're saying. I guess it might make more sense to buy the complete edition of XCOM 2 if you intend on getting all of the DLC, which I imagine is the case for most trophy hunters. I think the biggest issue with that is how there's no bundle that includes all of the DLC without the base game. That's more 2K's fault than Sony's, though. Still, if it gets people to try the game who might not have given it a chance before no matter how many times the complete edition goes on sale, I think it's a positive. For people who don't care about DLC /completion, they're still getting a great, content-rich game. I wouldn't really call it a "trial". The only DLC that adds a substantial amount of content is War of the Chosen.

36 minutes ago, Sora9427 said:

Well then i guess i forgot because my Memory suck xD Really? I made that right away with a friend as soon as i got the game :P 

Oh it's great, you should play it as soon as possible, lot of improvements for sure even if the loading screen are still too long (Up to 1 or even at worst 3 minutes it's too much) but oh well, you'll enjoy it :3

Oh it's longer than harder honestly. You'll need at least 3 playthoughs and 1 following a specific guide but Per se it's not that difficult :P 

Really, so many, it's ubisoft after all i think... Yeah i thought it did but nope, guess because in the beginnign was supposed to be a little 100% game like Urban Trilal Freestyle but then Dlcs came out.

I think it was around the time we played Far Cry 4. :P Right now I'm just waiting for War of the Chosen to go on sale for a decent price and then I'll definitely play it. And yeah, I've heard about the long loading times. It's quite the shame, but these games have never been well-optimised for consoles. Hopefully it doesn't crash as often as Enemy Unknown/Within. Quite honestly, I'm looking forward to the challenge. Now that it's on PS+, the platinum will get even rarer. :D

I guess that was back when Sony were a little more stingy with platinum trophies. Now they just give them to any two-bit developer and their shitty game. :P

58 minutes ago, diskdocx said:

Well, I will preface this by saying that I have no interest in 100+ hour, 4-5 playthrough games, so I won't be grabbing XCOM2, and Trials and Ghost Recon do not interest me at all. I already have Zombie Driver, and we won't talk about the Vita games.

But - and this is why I would say this month is poor - the 3 main games are basically free, but not free.

XCOM2 has 3 paid DLC packs, with War of the Chosen current clocking in at $53.49 CDN. When you factor in the other 2 DLCs, you are looking at over $80 for just the DLC - when the XCOM2 complete bundle was on sale less than a month ago for $65. So in actual fact the 'freebie' would cost you more than the bundle was just on sale for (taking out of the equation that it's a dick move to have it on sale just before going free anyway).

Trials also has multiple DLC packs, with the bundle price of $30. The all-in, Max Edition version (game plus all DLC) was $12 last week on sale.

So maybe the complaints aren't just related to the quality of the games, but the increasingly shitty way Sony goes about this. I guess if you don't care about completion, and just want to treat these as cheap trials for games to play around with for a few hours and forget - then great month. But if you actually intend to get the content and complete it, you might as well just pass on the games entirely and grab the complete editions when they go on sale.

Playstation Plus - enjoy your free (not really free) games.

1 minute ago, Undead Wolf said:

Hmm, I see what you're saying. I guess it might make more sense to buy the complete edition of XCOM 2 if you intend on getting all of the DLC, which I imagine is the case for most trophy hunters. I think the biggest issue with that is how there's no bundle that includes all of the DLC without the base game. That's more 2K's fault than Sony's, though. Still, if it gets people to try the game who might not have given it a chance before no matter how many times the complete edition goes on sale, I think it's a positive. For people who don't care about DLC /completion, they're still getting a great, content-rich game. I wouldn't really call it a "trial". The only DLC that adds a substantial amount of content is War of the Chosen.

Sounds like a problem for trophy hunters. Most people just enjoy a good game, regardless of length to platinum or number of DLCs. I think Just Cause 3 is the first game for which I bought the DLC after it was on PS+, and one playthrough is enough for me most of the times when playing games.

Sony isn't the ones choosing which games go on PS+, the developers agree to this. And of course developers whose games have DLC agree to PS+ more because of the added revenue from DLC. Just buying the DLC pack should normally still cost less than buying the game plus DLC.

The devs are also the ones deciding if they want to put their game on a sale, by the way. XCOM2 is actually on a sale right now on the EU store.

Personally, I'd choose a long good game with optionally more content as DLC over a short easy platinum in a mediocre game any time.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Cthulhu said:

Sounds like a problem for trophy hunters. Most people just enjoy a good game, regardless of length to platinum or number of DLCs. I think Just Cause 3 is the first game for which I bought the DLC after it was on PS+, and one playthrough is enough for me most of the times when playing games.

Sony isn't the ones choosing which games go on PS+, the developers agree to this. And of course developers whose games have DLC agree to PS+ more because of the added revenue from DLC. Just buying the DLC pack should normally still cost less than buying the game plus DLC.

The devs are also the ones deciding if they want to put their game on a sale, by the way. XCOM2 is actually on a sale right now on the EU store.

Personally, I'd choose a long good game with optionally more content as DLC over a short easy platinum in a mediocre game any time.

It's not something that exclusively affects trophy hunters, though. Trophies aren't the only reason why someone might want to own DLC. Not having a way for owners of the base game to get all of the DLC cheaper than just buying the complete edition is a problem no matter how you look at it.

7 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

It's not something that exclusively affects trophy hunters, though. Trophies aren't the only reason why someone might want to own DLC. Not having a way for owners of the base game to get all of the DLC cheaper than just buying the complete edition is a problem no matter how you look at it.

Agreed. Does that happen often? I see it's the case with XCOM2, which seems weird that a game with this much DLC doesn't have a DLC collection pack. Usually getting just the DLC is cheaper, I think. Don't know many other exceptions.

P.S. even when game+DLC is cheaper than DLC, you can still see it as getting a full game, which you can completely play and only afterwards you have to decide if you want to buy the DLC as well, which you then can do through the complete collection.

Edited by Cthulhu

Just now, Cthulhu said:

Agreed. Does that happen often? I see it's the case with XCOM2, which seems weird that a game with this much DLC doesn't have a DLC collection pack. Usually getting just the DLC is cheaper, I think. Don't know many other exceptions.

I don't know if it's common, but I've seen it happen a few times before. I just can't recall any examples off the top of my head.