Stug III's default color not unlocking

I just wanna leave registered here that the game has a glitch when it comes to tank colors. It may not have happened to everyone, but once it happens, it's a glitch.

IIvpXIj.jpg

ZeRKmmZ.jpg

It's the color between Panzer IV's and Renault B1's, which should have come with the tank after beating the mission above.

Some people have the platinum, so it's unclear which steps to take to reproduce this problem.

If you install the latest patch (or the patch before it, I guess), it will prevent you to unlock Stug III's color even you already got the tank. When you acquire new tanks, its default color will be available at the same time, it's also the case with Stug III. I checked this issue:

Case 1: Dummy Acct 1 with latest patch (version 1.04)

_ After I completed Extra Match - Gloriana Battle / Wilderness to unlock Stug III, the tank is available for use, but its default color is still unavailable. I deleted the game, and installed the game data without internet on in order to prevent PS4 downloading the game patch, then I played this mission again. Stug III's color slot was still unavailable.

Case 2: Dummy Acct 2 without any patch (version 1.00)

_ I played the same mission to unlock Stug III, both tank and its default color are available for use.

I'm not sure which patch affects the colors, and whichever color is affected since I doubt Stug III's color is the only one has this issue. Therefore, you shouldn't install the game patch (for physical version only) by playing the game without internet on. I haven't find a walkaround solution for the case of you already unlocked Stug III with latest patch. I will double check the Japanese version later.

Edited by Leon Hasegawa
  • Like 1

Whoever read this please send a message to Bandai Namco regarding this matter in order to receive a fix.

https://twitter.com/BandaiNamcoSEA

https://www.facebook.com/bandainamcoent.asia/

EDIT: SEA pages are of no use. Contact these two instead:

https://service-en.bandainamcoent.eu/app/ask

https://www.bandainamcoent.co.jp/cs_support/voice/form/

The latest patch (1.04) was launched five days ago and no further update has been announced through the game's Twitter profile yet (no one noticed?). 

Curiously, the glitch involving DLC contents (Nonna and Erika sticking out of the tank even for those who did not buy it) was promptly fixed.

Edited by Neyaru

I just tested the Japanese version:

Case 1: Patch version 1.02

_ Stug III as well as its default color are available for use after I completed Extra Match - Gloriana Battle / Wilderness

Case 2: Patch version 1.04

_ I played the same mission to unlock Stug III, but its default color is unavailable

So either Patch version 1.03 or 1.04 is the main issue here, but it doesn't matter since the PS4 only installs the latest patch.

Edited by Leon Hasegawa
  • Like 1

The following was the reply from BANDAI NAMCO customer support. Can someone gives it a try? I don't have access to my PS4 for this entire week. If you have the result, I can help to relay it back to BANDAI NAMCO customer support, thanks.

Thank you very much for sending me the information and apologies for the delay in my response.

I'm working on finding out what's wrong , so I can help you and I have a suggestion.

Would you kindly try refreshing your PS4's licenses , please?

It's just that sometimes Sony's server don't keep up with the installed content on the console, so this works as a reboot and you're not losing any of it.

I'm sending you the official Sony link - https://support.us.playstation.com/articles/en_US/KC_Article/PS4-Trouble-With-Downloadable-Content .

Thank you in advance. Looking forward to your feedback.

Best regards.

• 2 weeks later...

Once again, Bandai Namco has proven its uselessness. 

After 13 long days, the patch has been released. It creates a new save over your old one, but does not unlock the trophy.

Nat4IZp.jpg

ayavbxa.jpg

nM30RZg.jpg

To unlock this trophy from scratch, one has to play the entire Story and Domination modes, beyond farming patchworks Boco. 

Waste of time to expect anything from the developer at this point.

1 minute ago, HuntingFever said:

I've barely touched this game since I got it but will I be safe from this glitch, if I install the 1.05 patch and don't have the tank in question already unlocked?

It's unclear, but whoever starts playing the game after this patch can confirm it to you.

It's a considerable grind, so I will wait until someone confirms it instead of redoing everything.

Neyaru, same frustration here... This and the level 80 trophies are the only two left on my side before the platinum. I am at mid way through level 78, and will wrap it up pretty soon. v1.05 update is indeed a disappointing one, but frankly speaking, I had been kinda expecting this to happen when I get the last optional tank color, as after that seems no way for the game to trigger check for the trophy criteria again...

I just replied to Bandai support on this issue just now, hope to hear from them again soon. But honestly, I don't think there is a high hope for them to entertain our case again...

For v1.05, I believe as long as you can get the Stug III default color unlocked when you unlock the tank. You are pretty much safe from the glitch already.

• Like 2

I can confirm that the trophy is achievable by creating a new save.

Required:

Story Mode (all episodes)

Domination Mode:

St. Gloriana (Churchill), Jatkosota (BT-42), Anzio (P40) and All-Stars (Centurion)

09GxgpW.jpg

• Like 2

A week since then, no reply from Bandai Namco. Anyway, just got mine today as well from grinding through a new game.

For those who encountered similar issue, another fast way to specifically grind for the tank color trophy may be through the last mission (Giant BOCO) of the Extra missions in normal mode. The mission can be cleared in half a minute with no dialog or story to skip.

The patch work BOCO will only appear in one of the following 3 locations with ~50% chance.

1. The circle in the middle of the sign board below the Giant BOCO.
  2. On top of the blue skyscraper at the right side of the Giant BOCO.
  3. The parking space at the back of where the player starts the game (just reverse to the end and look left).

At the beginning of the game, just check for those 3 locations. If you spot a non-patch work BOCO in any of those location, just restart the mission. Otherwise, shoot the patch work BOCO, then fire 2 shells at the nose of the Giant BOCO to end the game. Repeat until you get all the tank colors.

Note: you need to collect all the default tank colors as well by completing story missions (once per episode), domination missions, and extra missions. 

"In the environment after update 1.05, it was confirmed a phenomenon that trophies of all tank tanks acquired "We should just give ourselves a paint job too!" was confirmed to occur.
It will be fixed in the next update. I am sorry for the inconvenience, but please be patient and wait."

Bandai Namco is always late to the party... Everyone who cares for the trophies very likely already grinded from scratch.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Neyaru said:

40 days to solve the issue completely, but there it is.

But I wonder if this update is exclusive to the Japanese version, because the console says my game client is on the latest version.

It could be that they're just waiting for Sony to approve the Asian patch, before it can be released ?.

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

Is there any word on when the Asian version will be getting the 1.06 patch?

I just turned on my PS4, and the first notification was about the patch 1.06 being installed. Weirdly, it is not listed in "Updates History".

This patch is probably very small, because it was instantly installed, so they didn't bother to write patch notes.

jTaRwdH.png

16 hours ago, Neyaru said:

I just turned on my PS4, and the first notification was about the patch 1.06 being installed. Weirdly, it is not listed in "Updates History".

This patch is probably very small, because it was instantly installed, so they didn't bother to write patch notes.

jTaRwdH.png

I downloaded it, late last night and it was approx 122mb but it's weird why there's no patch notes.

• 6 months later...
6 minutes ago, Leon Hasegawa said:

Patch ver. 1.07 made certain changes to sound.

1.546 GB to make certain changes to sound?

Bandai Namco must be feeling pretty confident that everyone will buy the DX pack DLC, if they're forcing it through an update. Is that even allowed?

Edited by Neyaru